Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk

vCash
    In case your responding to me again, all I have to say is my god you are stupid..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    I would kill for Willis... Stop it
    I'm down ..who do we gotta take out plus maybe both our MLBs and next years 5th with a pro use to not do this again for p Willis? sorry poor taste joke I know. But I'm with u just because tiny g did well it could be due to wholes in a zone coverage ..the fact that he's a TE maybe an olb was supposta cover him and Phillips picked up the slack late. So many other factors plus how many lbs can say they played vs gonzo and didn't allow him to look like a stud ..add on the d being concerned with runs , quick passes to Harry , deep routes to jj and any pass to roddy who could run over a CB (so safeties and lbs needed to assist them every which way they could) .

Oh btw p Willis is probably the best MLB overall in the lg and would probably look just as good on our team with only a Dline and some ok CBS and whoever is our safeties now (rolle ......resign guys please lol). Dudes for real cant believe there's negative talk about him..

Next someone's gonna say we should trade JPP ...

vCash
    And what happened to uhm the draft talk ? Lol

vCash
    ^^ I can't read your long posts,...your all over the place in your posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    ^^ I can't read your long posts,...your all over the place in your posts.
    My fault adder all prevents cohesion in a long post I guess but I pointed out prospects .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    My fault adder all prevents cohesion in a long post I guess but I pointed out prospects .
    I've been telling him since he joined he makes no sense. You mix up players, don't have any sentence structure, and overall your posts just make no sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    I've been telling him since he joined he makes no sense. You mix up players, don't have any sentence structure, and overall your posts just make no sense.
    Well the iPad auto correct messes me up as well but I almost never mix up players I know my team , I'm aware I need better grammar for u but I just posted prospects for the most part

vCash
    How about critiquing the draft instead of each other?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    How about critiquing the draft instead of each other?
    C'mon now G you know that would just make too much sense..

vCash
    Three points

1) The more I see and hear of Alec Ogletree the less I like him. He's very athletic and aggressive hitting the ball carrier but does not attack blockers at all. He much rather run around blockers than take them on. He plays like a safety which makes sense cause he was a safety. It's all well and good to be pure run and hit guy if you're a Wil LB but not as a Mike. Yes, the front four should protect you in a 4-3 but you still need to get your nose dirty and more importantly have that mentality.....I'm really not sure that he does

2) It does not matter that Manti Teo can't cover Tony Gonzalez, unless you make a special plan no current LB can cover a mismatch like that, either they're too short or not quick enough. Teo doesn't have any special physical abilities but mentally he's perfect for a Mike...smart, instinctive, loves to hit and get dirty, and he's got a good feel in zone coverage, which is what teams would have him do as opposed to covering a TE one on one. Every year one or two Mike LB are good enough to be drafted in the first, this year it's Teo and Ogletree.

3) I'm really digging the thought of DE/LB Dion Jordan from Oregon as our first pick. Yeah he's a tweener, yeah he needs to get stronger, yeah he's not very good against the run because his hand placement is raw to say the least but this guy has the potential to be really special. He's 6-7 with long arms and he's quick. He's a very smooth athlete who can flip his hips in coverage which Oregon asked him to do a lot. He's a guy who could potentially cover TE's like Tony G one on one as well as be an electric pass rusher off the edge. I love him in the SAM LB/ Joker roll that Kiwi currently plays. He could be much much better at it than Kiwi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsince69 View Post
    Three points

1) The more I see and hear of Alec Ogletree the less I like him. He's very athletic and aggressive hitting the ball carrier but does not attack blockers at all. He much rather run around blockers than take them on. He plays like a safety which makes sense cause he was a safety. It's all well and good to be pure run and hit guy if you're a Wil LB but not as a Mike. Yes, the front four should protect you in a 4-3 but you still need to get your nose dirty and more importantly have that mentality.....I'm really not sure that he does

2) It does not matter that Manti Teo can't cover Tony Gonzalez, unless you make a special plan no current LB can cover a mismatch like that, either they're too short or not quick enough. Teo doesn't have any special physical abilities but mentally he's perfect for a Mike...smart, instinctive, loves to hit and get dirty, and he's got a good feel in zone coverage, which is what teams would have him do as opposed to covering a TE one on one. Every year one or two Mike LB are good enough to be drafted in the first, this year it's Teo and Ogletree.

3) I'm really digging the thought of DE/LB Dion Jordan from Oregon as our first pick. Yeah he's a tweener, yeah he needs to get stronger, yeah he's not very good against the run because his hand placement is raw to say the least but this guy has the potential to be really special. He's 6-7 with long arms and he's quick. He's a very smooth athlete who can flip his hips in coverage which Oregon asked him to do a lot. He's a guy who could potentially cover TE's like Tony G one on one as well as be an electric pass rusher off the edge. I love him in the SAM LB/ Joker roll that Kiwi currently plays. He could be much much better at it than Kiwi.

Great prospects .. I wasn't high on Jordan but never read his full report and missed tht he's 6-7 idk if that's actually good though as it hurts his pad level and can get punched in the gut by Olinemen and chipped easy with poor center of gravity.. But maybe not there's tons of exceptions to this already.

vCash
    Here's my take on it, if Beatty is retain I think we either draft Rhodes or Chance Warmack

But I have a feeling Beatty will be gone cause he will command a lot of money. So if that's the case Fisher or Lane Johnson would be the smart pick. Both are potential franchise LT something the Giants never had in years since Luke P. This year draft is very weak even the top pass rushers aren't sure fire prospect. Dion Jordan is tooooo small and just came off from a major injury. The only de I like who isn't really a pass rusher but an all around DE Margus Hunt... I think the guy will be a good pro and I can see him being available in the 2nd or 3rd.

If you're looking to fill needs in the draft, this isn't the year. Manti Teo althought looks great on tape, but the Alabama game really change my opinion on him. It's one thing too have a bad game cause you're intitled to but he was absolute TRASH! And the most damaging part is he was trash in the most important game of his career. He has stuff hips, isn't good in coverage and lacks speed. He will be good mike but not great or a difference maker.

I wanted Ogletree but now I'm shying away from that pick now.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Great prospects .. I wasn't high on Jordan but never read his full report and missed tht he's 6-7 idk if that's actually good though as it hurts his pad level and can get punched in the gut by Olinemen and chipped easy with poor center of gravity.. But maybe not there's tons of exceptions to this already.
    As a full time DE I agree, I don't want him as a full time DE.

As a pass rusher his length and quick first step will give Olineman fits and with JPP on the other side he's not gonna get many doubles or chips. If he uses his arms well and keeps Olineman off his body, he should be a real mismatch for most RTs. If they get into him...he's done.

In coverage his length is a major advantage because he's not stiff and seems very comfortable in space. He's not gonna run a 4.5 but he's still plenty fast enough to cover TEs and keep up with Rbs. He some times covered in the slot at Oregon where he could stone guys off the line, totally screwing up timing patterns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Here's my take on it, if Beatty is retain I think we either draft Rhodes or Chance Warmack

But I have a feeling Beatty will be gone cause he will command a lot of money. So if that's the case Fisher or Lane Johnson would be the smart pick. Both are potential franchise LT something the Giants never had in years since Luke P. This year draft is very weak even the top pass rushers aren't sure fire prospect. Dion Jordan is tooooo small and just came off from a major injury. The only de I like who isn't really a pass rusher but an all around DE Margus Hunt... I think the guy will be a good pro and I can see him being available in the 2nd or 3rd.

If you're looking to fill needs in the draft, this isn't the year. Manti Teo althought looks great on tape, but the Alabama game really change my opinion on him. It's one thing too have a bad game cause you're intitled to but he was absolute TRASH! And the most damaging part is he was trash in the most important game of his career. He has stuff hips, isn't good in coverage and lacks speed. He will be good mike but not great or a difference maker.

I wanted Ogletree but now I'm shying away from that pick now.
    Teo I'm up in the air about ..all year I thought he was pretty good but that last game he looked horrible and idk what's going on with the scandal and I want a leader at MLB if he's lying then he isn't a man and idk if we want that on our team is all . Talent wise I think he'll still play in the nfl but I'm still not sure either way ...if we take him ill believe in our scouts over my eyes but be way more worried than with JPP or DW who I actually was excited for just confused on why at the time (needs) ..

vCash
    Teo I'm up in the air about ..all year I thought he was pretty good but that last game he looked horrible and idk what's going on with the scandal and I want a leader at MLB if he's lying then he isn't a man and idk if we want that on our team is all . Talent wise I think he'll still play in the nfl but I'm still not sure either way ...if we take him ill believe in our scouts over my eyes but be way more worried than with JPP or DW who I actually was excited for just confused on why at the time (needs) ..
    Teo basically was online dating, and most athletes or celebrities would be embarrassed if they were caught doing it...he got scammed, IMO...not as bad of a guy as the other critics make him....I would take him in a heartbeat if he came at 19
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast