Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk

vCash

Draft Talk

What do you guys think Giants need to invest in. I say deep deep at defense draft picks. Our offense is set n pretty deep. Minus O line issues. Seems Giants defense always takes a hit each year!!

Another DE most likely...

QB is set
    RB is set
    WR is set
    TE is set
    OL look

I already here Websters name being tainted on this forum but I think he is staying. He is our #1 whether you like it or not. Got good backups but his #1 spot is his to lose.

CB for depth
    FS/S for depth
    LB can Giants invest in a BEAST young LB already???

vCash
    We need an OL but well pick up a pass rusher and get rid of Osi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    We need an OL but well pick up a pass rusher and get rid of Osi
    Just release him or trade? If Giants do get rid of the Turnover machine, they better get something for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RolleWebster View Post
    Just release him or trade? If Giants do get rid of the Turnover machine, they better get something for him.
    They'd probably get a 3rd or an early 4th for him

vCash
    Definitely too early. Can't really speculate about draft needs until I see what they do with re-signings and free agency.

Areas of need will probably be:

TE - Bennett, Bear and Beckum are all FAs.
    RB - Injuries and inexperience at the position, with Bradshaw about to hit the decline; gotta build here.
    WR - Need depth through late round picks. Never know what could happen with Nicks and Cruz in need of deals soon.
    RG, RT - Snee ain't gonna be around forever and clearly RT is a desperate area of need.
    LG - Boothe is an over-achieving utility man. Need stability here.
    QB - Eli ain't gonna be indestructible forever and Carr isn't the greatest option

DT - Joseph and Canty are great, but need a real 2 gap DT who can occupy space and help this piss poor run D
    LB - As always. Weird thing is I love our LBs and yet they seem to have no ability in the run game.
    CB - Prince is solid, Web on the decline, Hosley is a hopeful and who knows if T2 will ever stay on the field?

....easier to say where we DON'T have a need.

vCash
    We have a need at LT.
    Everything else is pretty much depth.
    Forgot about TE.... We need that too in draft.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Definitely too early. Can't really speculate about draft needs until I see what they do with re-signings and free agency.

RB - Injuries and inexperience at the position, with Bradshaw about to hit the decline; gotta build here.
    WR - Need depth through late round picks. Never know what could happen with Nicks and Cruz in need of deals soon.
    RG, RT - Snee ain't gonna be around forever and clearly RT is a desperate area of need.
    QB - Eli ain't gonna be indestructible forever and Carr isn't the greatest option

DT - Joseph and Canty are great, but need a real 2 gap DT who can occupy space and help this piss poor run D
    LB - As always. Weird thing is I love our LBs and yet they seem to have no ability in the run game.
    CB - Prince is solid, Web on the decline, Hosley is a hopeful and who knows if T2 will ever stay on the field?

Kicker? That's all I can think of that we don't need.

I dont think we need to draft a QB just yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Kicker? That's all I can think of that we don't need.

I dont think we need to draft a QB just yet.
    Normally I wouldn't, but the longer you can groom one the better.....if the talent is there of course. Probably too soon, but hey it works in Madden

vCash
    The only thing I don't like about Carr is his age. He's definitely not the post-Eli answer, but he's a good enough backup that we don't need to worry about drafting a QB for another 2 or 3 years

vCash

that is what we need... a run-stopping DT....I was hoping we would get that out of Shaun Rogers, but it doesn't look like that, so that's our major need & 1st round pick right there...I could see picking up a decent corner in the 2nd round, cuz we need it, and man do i miss Ross.....
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    The two key positions we have needed for the past 5 years - Linebackers and Offensive linemen. Stop drafting 35 defensive lineman already. Depth is great, but let's focus on the starters first.
    NEW YORK GIANTS
    NEW YORK RANGERS
    NEW YORK YANKEES

vCash

Perfection at it's best people, read and take notes about what this man said.

My only input is Safety, we have to think KP maybe gone who is also a FA, and Rolle makes a lot of money, safety is another outlook, a need? Maybe

The Good Ole Days

vCash
    Safety
    OL
    CB
    DL

vCash
    We don't need CBs as bad as everyone thinks we do... Our backs have just been killed by injuries this year. Next year they'll be fine

vCash
    Shaun Rodgers could return for us. N I see him still having some left in the tank

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast