Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seikou8 View Post
    ol mlb and cb and safety depth iw what we need the most but there are no standouts in this draft
    Tons of CBS ..trufant and Rhodes or even amerson and banks for bigger CBS.

safety Dj S . or TJ McDonald .

OL- slim pickings for solid guys but 1st rounder OT Lane Johnson is a stand out.

Lots of RBs btw even a ray rice duplicate .

Not a lot of ilbs with size that stand out or even are predicted to fit a 4-3.

vCash
    If I read CBS one more time ffs lol

vCash
    What if the Raiders made Cruz an offer? Is it possible to obtain the #3 pick overall. Maybe trade back with a team who falls in love with a Geno Smith?

The Raiders have done some crazy things and love receivers.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    What if the Raiders made Cruz an offer? Is it possible to obtain the #3 pick overall. Maybe trade back with a team who falls in love with a Geno Smith?

The Raiders have done some crazy things and love receivers.
    I was thinking the same thing, but with Al gone, who knows? They might be a bit smarter now and trade back themselves. If the Chiefs lose Bowe to free agency and they don't see value in the 1st overall, maybe Reid pushes them to go after Cruz? No doubt they'll be in the QB market, likely gunning for Flynn or Alex Smith. Reid makes that team a lot more appealing for some players.....especially pass offense related ones.

Could easily see the Browns doing it too. They REALLY need a top quality WR. They've got the D, run game, oline......they're young. Just need consistency from the QB and a strong WR. That would give us 6th overall and we could get a pass rusher to replace Osi or some oline talent.

Then there's the Jets with the 9th pick. Tell me Rex and Woody wouldn't want to grab Cruz out from under us AND be willing to offer an obscene contract?

Chargers with the 11th. Rivers REALLY needs a target with Gates breaking down and Jackson gone. They've got a new GM and coach and would love to start out with a big name signing.

Then there's the wild cards.....your Pats, Cowboys, Steelers, etc. who could surprise with an offer. Lots of possibilities there.

I still think we'll keep Cruz one way or another.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but with Al gone, who knows? They might be a bit smarter now and trade back themselves. If the Chiefs lose Bowe to free agency and they don't see value in the 1st overall, maybe Reid pushes them to go after Cruz? No doubt they'll be in the QB market, likely gunning for Flynn or Alex Smith. Reid makes that team a lot more appealing for some players.....especially pass offense related ones.

Could easily see the Browns doing it too. They REALLY need a top quality WR. They've got the D, run game, oline......they're young. Just need consistency from the QB and a strong WR. That would give us 6th overall and we could get a pass rusher to replace Osi or some oline talent.

Then there's the Jets with the 9th pick. Tell me Rex and Woody wouldn't want to grab Cruz out from under us AND be willing to offer an obscene contract?

Chargers with the 11th. Rivers REALLY needs a target with Gates breaking down and Jackson gone. They've got a new GM and coach and would love to start out with a big name signing.

Then there's the wild cards.....your Pats, Cowboys, Steelers, etc. who could surprise with an offer. Lots of possibilities there.

I still think we'll keep Cruz one way or another.
    I would hold a grudge if we lost Cruz to the Jets... the only way for me to shallow that is getting Revis to wear Big Blue....not gonna happen, but I agree with potential buyers for Cruz, and that it's likely we will still have Cruz...btw you forgot one team that is accustomed to salsa dancing and needing a WR: Dolphins would snatch him up too if they had a chance
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I would hold a grudge if we lost Cruz to the Jets... the only way for me to shallow that is getting Revis to wear Big Blue....not gonna happen, but I agree with potential buyers for Cruz, and that it's likely we will still have Cruz...btw you forgot one team that is accustomed to salsa dancing and needing a WR: Dolphins would snatch him up too if they had a chance
    I think most Gwen fans would be hurt with Cruz over there .

I could see a lot of tea,s looking at Cruz seriously . Dolphins would love another wr (bess...possession). With a young QB and D revis maybe not in their division anymore lol .

Raiders , chiefs , would love that trade up haha .

I was seriously thinking the browns but they have tons of deep threats and a qb problem they'll look into first.

KC under A Reid would actually fit but I don't see it happening .

chargers usually go for big wrap and went with Eddie royal and failed maybe they try to fix there mistake with Cruz or they say nvm stay big ?

How about the rams ? Quick hasn't developed , Danny's always hurt and they don't have much else plus sjax is gone they could use something/someone to bring the fans in.

vCash
    Lb
    ol
    cb
    dl
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    No chance imo that we get a top 15 pick for Cruz.

You can't give up that valuable of a pick and 8 mil a year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    No chance imo that we get a top 15 pick for Cruz.

You can't give up that valuable of a pick and 8 mil a year
    Yes you can , money wise and value wise . If you think k alon is your pick at due to need and don't want o move own you would take a proven guy .

Problem is Cruz isn't worth it , hate to say it . Weaker,bold in and others will headline F/A as well , so yes for Cruz we not pick early without trading more . But the team who trades for Cruz if it happens believes he's a #1 stud wr well worth th $ .

I think revis would get a top pick not Cruz , I think there's a small selection of wars tens would give up a top 15 pick for unless they feel that they're just a wr away from the SB.

vCash
    I'd love to keep Cruz but if we'd get a 1st-round pick I would maybe accept it. The chance that we will be able to keep both of 'm in NY just ain't that big and with a first round pick we could draft 2 very much needed positions (MLB & OT)... With a CB in the 2nd and maybe some pass-rushing force later I think we would be a better team that this year...

vCash
    It's interesting that they're talking about extending Nicks now. Seems like they want to play the injury card for a discounted rate now, rather than risk him being healthy through a contract year and driving up his price.

vCash
    It's interesting that they're talking about extending Nicks now. Seems like they want to play the injury card for a discounted rate now, rather than risk him being healthy through a contract year and driving up his price.
    We also lose control with Nicks after next season, Cruz on the other hand we a lot more control. We do have to remember Nicks is a top 5 wr but he just wasn't right all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    We also lose control with Nicks after next season, Cruz on the other hand we a lot more control. We do have to remember Nicks is a top 5 wr but he just wasn't right all season.
    i would rather keep nicks then cruz if came down to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I would hold a grudge if we lost Cruz to the Jets...
    Cruz has a better chance of being the Jets missing pass rusher than succeeding at receiver with those QB's.

Can't keep them all guys. Pay the QB top money along with 2 receivers and JPP?

Think about it. -
    - Eli has to restructure next season and is in the $18-20 range
    - Cruz and Nicks at $8 million per (that's $16)
    - now add JPP at around $10 million

That's approx $44-46 million tied up in four guys. Can't keep them all.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 02-04-2013 at 08:35 PM.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Cruz has a better chance of being the Jets missing pass rusher than succeeding at receiver with those QB's.

Can't keep them all guys. Pay the QB top money along with 2 receivers and JPP?

Think about it. -
    - Eli has to restructure next season and is in the $18-20 range
    - Cruz and Nicks at $8 million per (that's $16)
    - now add JPP at around $10 million

That's approx $44-46 million tied up in four guys. Can't keep them all.
    I see your point 98, but there's a chance we Might be able to keep Cruz And Nicks...look at the link posted here: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...iority-sources ---then G like the smart*** he is (who just bested me to put that comment out first lol love ya G) has imputed a smart "JR-minded" decision: play the injury card with Nicks...no doubt Nicks getting hurt in the 2012 season ruined that season, but it has helped the Giants in the future....we can sign this guy to a long-term, cheap contract because of his inability to play all 16 games in a season so far, and if that happens (say he takes about 3 million of cap space, sound right?) we might and I say might be ably to squeeze Cruz in a decent contract, no to mention to try and have overpaid players like Canty & Webster to try to take a pay cut (maybe not realistic, but idealistic), our cap space should be decent enough to sign some rookies that we need to fill in for depth.....and I'm sure most of you guys might call me crazy, but If and that's a big IF we manage to get this guy after his situation: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-detroit-lions which I know is likely not gonna happen, if could be an ideal experiment for the Giants to make....also, I'm sure this is not gonna happen, but I would love to get Mike Wallace opposite of Hakeem Nicks if that means losing Cruz or even better, having all three of them but I think the Browns or Dolphins will get Mike Wallace... that's alot of writing, but that's my honest opinion!
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast