Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    broken clock is right twice a day. Not a knock on you, just saying there are so many factors that go on. Giants wanted to trade up for DHB or Maclin, so that would have killed the Nicks thing. Who knew Raiders would take DHB so high? Even Mario Williams over Reggie Bush threw off draft projections.

It's fun, but I don't bother. I trust the FO to get it right. I have a wish list, but that's about it.
    No absolutely , I was just saying when u guess right it's kind of funny and fun lol especially with the giants (I recall us wanting to move for McClain one year ..Ross was out of no where to some ect ect).

Also the giants aren't that hard , BPA mixed with need and potential = our pick almost every time , risks and projects go in the mid rounds and seconds usually a talent who either once he develops into our system will be a stud or is an under the radar stud that we need who can fit right in and do a little for us right away..

vCash
    FA is hard to judge right now or I'd say ..

CB we can always grab a pick in the 4th who ever I've listed so many names and we all know the stoner CB. And sign Sean smith he'd fit in pretty well .. Or CB Tracy Porter , Cary Williams , mike Jenkins from f/a ..Brent grimes ,
    Fletcher,cap munnerlyn , toler .

That leaves olb ,safety(KP n Stevie hold up) , WR (Cruz ..no assumptions at the second on FA that's the point ) and DE as major needs oh and OT .

Grab safeties Jarius Byrd or. Delmas or resign or draft Reid/McDonald or a combo of both options .

Lb- multiple in the draft , all rounds like CBS all seem extremely gifted athletically or massive or FA ellerbe(more of a Ilb but we need both..also mostly a 3-4) - Ashlee Palmer , Rey ma ,

WR-tons in the draft especially slot ..I actually would be fine bc of the cap letting Cruz go (if only we got something in return lol) and grabbing Keenan Allen .FAs - Knox , Gibson,Mo. massaqiou , Louis Murphy ,

TE- cook jr , Fred Davis, Dustin Keller, Bennett , Evan Moore

And tons of oline ots ...

If we ,a age the cap properly sign Sean smith and some lower paid players we could draft whoever we want leading to a steal every round really as this years draft has the most gems I've seen yet (unproven of conspires but skill sets there just a thing off field or an injury there) .

We get RB Marcus Lattimore , CB Ty the honey badger m. , Olb k green , S Reid/McDonald, TE J Reed ,DT Sheldon Richardson, olb Gooden/TRE Williams , WR/R M Goodwin , RB J. Jamison , RB gio Bernard , CB Rhodes , DE pick a name lol , ilbs minter , heck we could trade out of the 1st and build up picks ..draft guys for the future com there on out to replace tuck and boley and we'd have others replaced already

vCash
    Short from Purdue..DT..310 Lbs. What a beast he is. I'd love him up in the middle of the giants defense.

Lot of first round projections though.

Williams LB from Florida State, late replacement too the senior bowl, has looked very impressive.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 01-26-2013 at 07:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    broken clock is right twice a day. Not a knock on you, just saying there are so many factors that go on. Giants wanted to trade up for DHB or Maclin, so that would have killed the Nicks thing. Who knew Raiders would take DHB so high? Even Mario Williams over Reggie Bush threw off draft projections.

It's fun, but I don't bother. I trust the FO to get it right. I have a wish list, but that's about it.
    what is your wish list G? are you able to show who you would want the Giants to take from rounds 1 to 7?
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    what is your wish list G? are you able to show who you would want the Giants to take from rounds 1 to 7?
    Good question I wonder the same.

vCash
    btw, I think JR can save our MLB problems by getting Shayne Skov in the 3rd round....true MLB and he would be the maniac in the middle for us in 2013...check out his game against Oregon...has good reads, and can track the run down decently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDGMfFe0HXw
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    btw, I think JR can save our MLB problems by getting Shayne Skov in the 3rd round....true MLB and he would be the maniac in the middle for us in 2013...check out his game against Oregon...has good reads, and can track the run down decently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDGMfFe0HXw
    Worth a shot , last season he still wasn't at full speed/strength from an injury the season before . He's on a 3-4 I read and he's good with the run and zone but can't play man as well. You'd hope , sounds like pierce a great run stuffing solid tackling fast enough MLB but with zone skills too .

I'd like that or amerson in the third depending who we get the 1st 2 picks , we could go top CB , top olb(green/porter, bpa (Lattimore, other RBs , honey badger ? Or Skov Ilb). Late rounds ACE.

We'd fix our KR/pr (unless you want DW getting hurt or RR on special teams ) , get a MLB or major potential stud player , stud olb and a stud CB ... With 5th and 6th or 7th rounds still available .

Slid draft grab a de in f/a like wooton?

vCash
    Do you guys actually think we're gonna take a CB in the first 3/4 rounds??

I mean we have 2 guys that will start with Prince & Cweb (Webster might be on the decline but with his guaranteed money there's no way they'd replace him).

I personally feel that we're going for a Oline (probably OT), DE & LB in the first 3 rounds... Tuck is on the decline (maybe even more than CWeb) as well and with Osi leaving we absolutely need a good pass rusher! Diehl is also more on the decline than CWeb so I think we'll get a starting OT if a nice one is available... Obviously, we need an MLB and it wouldn't surprise me if we'd take Te'o or Ogletree if one of them is available at #19

vCash
    To be honest I don't like him that much. I mean he's pretty decent, but he doesn't look that fast and therefore is not always able to make up when he makes a wrong read. Also he's not really able to make penetration through the line...
    BTW, I must admit that I base this opinion solely on this clip, haven't watched him play besides this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    To be honest I don't like him that much. I mean he's pretty decent, but he doesn't look that fast and therefore is not always able to make up when he makes a wrong read. Also he's not really able to make penetration through the line...
    BTW, I must admit that I base this opinion solely on this clip, haven't watched him play besides this.
    Perhaps look for more clips but to support you're report he does have trouble blitzing but not with runs. He can't get threw the line I guess but can get threw or around one when its a run? Idk but its Ina few scouting reports and for him to go so late... It's not bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Do you guys actually think we're gonna take a CB in the first 3/4 rounds??

I mean we have 2 guys that will start with Prince & Cweb (Webster might be on the decline but with his guaranteed money there's no way they'd replace him).

I personally feel that we're going for a Oline (probably OT), DE & LB in the first 3 rounds... Tuck is on the decline (maybe even more than CWeb) as well and with Osi leaving we absolutely need a good pass rusher! Diehl is also more on the decline than CWeb so I think we'll get a starting OT if a nice one is available... Obviously, we need an MLB and it wouldn't surprise me if we'd take Te'o or Ogletree if one of them is available at #19
    True just wishful thinking there's a lot of CBS so idk I think we should grab one before the 5th (or earlier) , there's some great depth at OLB. And there's ojomo on our team ... And Tracy ..they may be given a shot (the one position jr doesn't mess around with and usually drafts talent ASAP is DE ) .

We could benefit from a lot ..but this draft is more about next year , depth for this season and maybe push the starters for their jobs.

Next season who do you predict is our weak side olb rivers maybe? , CBS? We have 1 next season (2014) , oline is in need of some one yes true but well find some one one way or another you're right drafting a guy in the 1st and second at oline and de the lb and db sounds like the better plan ..

Get the honey badger in the 4th lance ..something in the first at OT. A top DE that falls in the 2nd and top olb in the 3rd like of Greene or sio or Gooden slip enough we could just add a 6th and move up ... Then 7th either kicker (rumors). Or Kr/PR guy like ACE .

Who knows what jrs thinking he hasn't resigned anyone yet lol

vCash
    Well like I said in another post, this is the first year in a while that I am 100% clueless on most prospects......off the top of my head the only ones I can even name and have seen play more than 2 or 3 times this year are Barkley, Geno Smith, Jarvis Jones, Eddie Lacy, Montee Ball (want him) and T'eo.

I'll go with the assumption that we're not gonna fill many or ANY needs in FA. So I hope we get some oline and CB talent in the draft early. Of course Reese is obsessed with pass rushers and since (from what I've heard) this is a pass rusher friendly draft, I'd expect him to grab a DE/3-4 OLB in the first 2 rounds.

Would also like to get an RB somewhere. Really I'd like that early too. Love Montee Ball. If its late, for some really weird reason I like Spencer Ware. Feel like he could be a late or undrafted pick that pans out. Guy is built like an ideal RB and he hits the hole well. Think he's one of those longshots.

Reasoning there is Bradshaw is constantly injured, Brown proved well but is also injury prone, Scott hasn't even had touches to show anything, so relying on Wilson all season could be tough.

vCash
    This draft is so garbage, I'm getting to the point Idc who the Giants draft.

vCash
    OL lane Johnson would be great or one of the million CBS or Ogletree ...lacks real MLBs that I could find on CBS , tons of RBs a ray rice replica , Blount styled RB , ball ,Lattimore , gio , it's got a lot of talent and by draft day well be as hyped as normal for the draft ..which is not so hyped but something about the giants during the offseason and the major improvement of our team plus youth movement and maybe cuts just as vets who maybe come back .

vCash
    ol mlb and cb and safety depth iw what we need the most but there are no standouts in this draft
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast