Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 884

Thread: Draft Talk

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    btw, Giants should consider Marcus Lattimmore in the late rounds....that would be a steal for the year
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    btw, Giants should consider Marcus Lattimmore in the late rounds....that would be a steal for the year
    Great steal completely agree from what I've read and one video (sorry?) he can be your #1 back once healthy and his injury should drop him he's a 1st-2nd talent and his injury has been fixed up by many other RBs like gore,mcgahee,heck look at AP (that was more APs work ethic than doctors to me..like he made it back bc of how hard he went ..amazing).

    Also RB Giovanni Bermard sounds pretty solid as well ,he has solid hands for a RB , good speed , acceleration and came back from an acl tear leading to 2 yes two great college seasons at RB (92 catches!) , he hits the holes hard and with great timing ,speed and accelerates quickly ... All that will translate immediately into the nfl unlike some other positions .

    We could use either of those guys with or without Bradshaw .. Lattimore may need some of this season to heal but he's a possible elite RB when developed and he could become the power (ugh I still can't get thunder out of my head ) to DWs speed (...lightning ...sorry).

    Nice pick up I never even looked into ML , thanks for mentioning him.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,603
    vCash
    1500
    I understand why most mocks show us drafting a DE, but can't we just take a lineman, a linebacker, or a corner? I don't really want Ezekial from BYU or Dion Jordan from Oregon. I would prefer Ogletree from Georgia, but I think that's a reach?

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,935
    vCash
    1500
    Don't bother trying to figure it out. Reese draft best player available.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    loading..
    Posts
    5,555
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    I understand why most mocks show us drafting a DE, but can't we just take a lineman, a linebacker, or a corner? I don't really want Ezekial from BYU or Dion Jordan from Oregon. I would prefer Ogletree from Georgia, but I think that's a reach?
    not a reach.. there's a chance he's not there at #19..

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,603
    vCash
    1500
    Oh, I saw a few mocks with him at 22-24 range. BPA, who knows at the time. Just fingers crossed it is not a DE.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Don't bother trying to figure it out. Reese draft best player available.
    Yup I've been wrong so many times lol. JR likes to hide his hand for reasons like what happened with Tampa and Martin, Tampa wanted Martin and I believe Sullivan knew the Giants were very high on him.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    loading..
    Posts
    5,555
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Oh, I saw a few mocks with him at 22-24 range. BPA, who knows at the time. Just fingers crossed it is not a DE.
    It's all about the combine, I think he'll tear it up..

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Yup I've been wrong so many times lol. JR likes to hide his hand for reasons like what happened with Tampa and Martin, Tampa wanted Martin and I believe Sullivan knew the Giants were very high on him.
    I promise you bro, if DW has a blowout season next year and has a better season than Doug Martin, you won't ever have to worry about that Doug Martin "draft steal" anymore haha
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    Great steal completely agree from what I've read and one video (sorry?) he can be your #1 back once healthy and his injury should drop him he's a 1st-2nd talent and his injury has been fixed up by many other RBs like gore,mcgahee,heck look at AP (that was more APs work ethic than doctors to me..like he made it back bc of how hard he went ..amazing).

    Also RB Giovanni Bermard sounds pretty solid as well ,he has solid hands for a RB , good speed , acceleration and came back from an acl tear leading to 2 yes two great college seasons at RB (92 catches!) , he hits the holes hard and with great timing ,speed and accelerates quickly ... All that will translate immediately into the nfl unlike some other positions .

    We could use either of those guys with or without Bradshaw .. Lattimore may need some of this season to heal but he's a possible elite RB when developed and he could become the power (ugh I still can't get thunder out of my head ) to DWs speed (...lightning ...sorry).

    Nice pick up I never even looked into ML , thanks for mentioning him.
    no probe man haha, and also, t that OLB you were mentioning about earlier, last name Green, i don't remember his name fully...think you can give me his full name so I can watch his clips?
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,935
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Yup I've been wrong so many times lol. JR likes to hide his hand for reasons like what happened with Tampa and Martin, Tampa wanted Martin and I believe Sullivan knew the Giants were very high on him.
    There are just too many factors. I get the fun in looking at mock drafts and guessign the pick and all that, but in the end if you get attached to the idea of a couple guys, there's a REALLY good chance you'll be disappointed. Never know who will fall to us or who will reach for our pick early.

    I trust them to get the BPA at our pick.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    no probe man haha, and also, t that OLB you were mentioning about earlier, last name Green, i don't remember his name fully...think you can give me his full name so I can watch his clips?
    Yeah , khasheem green also might want to check out olb sio moore as a late pick and of course olb Sean porter and MLBolb arthur brown and if you havent aeen him Trevardo Williams could be a smaller kiwi (faster though ran a 4.40 and 4.52 40s so far ..different sources).

    Oh , you might like checking out 6-2 CB David amerson as well he's a press CB who has the ACC record for ints In a season at 13 ..

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    There are just too many factors. I get the fun in looking at mock drafts and guessign the pick and all that, but in the end if you get attached to the idea of a couple guys, there's a REALLY good chance you'll be disappointed. Never know who will fall to us or who will reach for our pick early.

    I trust them to get the BPA at our pick.
    Idk , KP (over i think vikes picked him t Johnson ?) Nicks (told ppl him over britt) and others were who I wanted but yes some like prince , JPP , kiwi and DW(so early was what shocked me I never could gage when teams would take him, pead,Raineys and Lamaar miller who I still like ) .

    But yeah normally not the name but usually not a huge shock to most of us ..usually the second round we go WTF lol. Not always had (TT , RR ) .

    I think we should overlook Rhodes as him dropping lets us grab who ever else we want as there's a lot of good olbs and even some ilbs and tons of DBS (lots of solid height guys too). But not many DEs. ..I just feel its lb or De and history tells me DE .. Okra for or EZ Ansah.. But then again I was screaming for chandler jones last season lol.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,935
    vCash
    1500
    broken clock is right twice a day. Not a knock on you, just saying there are so many factors that go on. Giants wanted to trade up for DHB or Maclin, so that would have killed the Nicks thing. Who knew Raiders would take DHB so high? Even Mario Williams over Reggie Bush threw off draft projections.

    It's fun, but I don't bother. I trust the FO to get it right. I have a wish list, but that's about it.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,656
    vCash
    1500
    Draft strategy to me is unless we plan to draft a guy and trust him to start and cut a guy for cap room (ex Rhodes , cut Cwebb , 2nd round green cut boley..no i don't think we do this..maybe boley though he's on his way out) we probably are looking...

    -1st pick BPA with need (typical) mixed with jrs love for the guy over need .,if he thinks the difference between say Rhodes and maybe a guy who Should be available to us later is a minimal difference. We probably take a DE or DT or Olineman or even TE whatever's needed most at that point (though to gauge need before FA is over).

    -2nd I feel will be a lb between Minter , Teo , Green , Olgetree,
    Brown ,
    Porter,
    Thomas,john Simon (he'll go to a 3-4 team but helps with lb depth in draft), Collins,
    Williams ,Gooden(similar to Sean weatherspoon),hodges,Bostic and Bruce Taylor among many more lbs ..
    ^ but bc of depth if its not our guy standing I think againwe go bpa maybe even steal a RB or WR or maybe now we grab a db and 1st we grab a lb (or swap that)

    3rd we finally take 1 of those DBS or Lbs by now ..

    We could go

    1st - EZ ANSAH - bpa mixed with need and lack of depth in draft/FA .or Okafor or dion Jordan I'm not big on him as much as Okafor or EZ .

    2nd -LB /CB - between Banks
    Trufant
    6-2 Amerson ,
    Ryan
    Poyer just to name a few nvm the 1st round talent like Rhodes/banks being capable of falling into the 2nd we probably grab one but if there's still an abundance left of them and the honey badgers still there for a steal later as we only need depth and potential we may go ..

    2b- if CBS are still stocked like they should be jr may feel confident in getting a high potential CB for depth and the future later which is all we need so he will look at lbs - Minter , Porter, Brown ,Williams, Green,Ogletree if he's still there, Hodges , Gooden, Moore. (Depending in draft stock we won't just jump 2 round for some of these guys).

    3- will be whatever 2 wasn't (if Rhodes falls to us at 2 that's our guy btw).

    4-we got BPA , DE , CB and an Olb or Ilb taken care of so now we go with potential (plus its mid rounds)- maybe players from above I mentioned like olb Moore, olb Gooden , CB amerson , CB TM the honey badger are here theyd be the pick one would assume-
    OR We may go with-RBs like Marcus Lattimore
    OR Ray rice clone-RB- Jawan Jamison (who could fall to pick 5 and may be an absolute steal if he can show a better 40 on the field than he ran -4.52)
    - Safety-TJ MCDonald who sounds great.

    5-TE-Jordan Reed .. Look him up ,comparisons to Arron Hernandez - also theres - TE dion sims.
    -Otherwise maybe we go -oline depth -or even a -WR who can help on -special teams like -WR - Marquise Goodwin great special team KR very explosive , short former qb - Denard Robinson? ,
    WR-ACE SANDERS underrated WR with solid pr/KR skills .

    6- pure potential or special teams some ppl have us taking a kicker .

    7- we all know this rounds so hard to predict so bpa anywhere .

    Guys I wish we had room for at our picks will be ppl like WR- Keenan Allen,
    RB- Lacey or ball ,
    S-Eric Reid ,
    RB -Gio Bernard (could be steal but he's climbing and a RB which until further notice we have 2 of),
    RB -Marcus Lattimore has to really fall for us (he's a RB with elite RB skills but an injury will drop him we could grab him or 2 lbs/DBS this draft) ,
    S-TJ MCDONALD -we may grab if we lose KP or Stevie.. He's like a Taylor mays with a better shot of being an actual stud 6-2 safet going mid rounds

    Damnit sorry this was meant to just be 7 picks and why..
    Last edited by Joker117; 01-26-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •