Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk

vCash
    I don't think he's good on defense but is solid on special teams..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    After the 3rd round we haven't done well in general.. Ok Bradshaw I'll give you Bradshaw but maybe I'm having a brain fart cause I can't think of anyone else..
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Hmmm later round wins. Still time for Sash and likely Williams will pan out as a starter. Adrian Tracy, but he also came in a year with Dodge, Petrus, Dillard.....nothing to brag about there.

Andre Brown was a 4th, but in a year where Sintim, Barden and Beckum were taken ahead of him and Bomar, DeAndre Wright and Stoney Woodson were taken after him. Nothing to brag about that year except Beatty.....and Nicks but he's an easy pick to make at that spot.
    I knew there was someone I was forgetting about with Williams but we can't count Brown considering how many teams have waived him including us. Sash is eh, special teams player at best.. Tracy has only shown us something in camp and preseason and has had trouble staying healthy..

Overall I would say it's pretty bad..
    I thought Petrus was decent for the round we picked him in....but what about Brandon Jacobs? lol and you also forgot we even got a undrafted rookie to be a gem for us...you know...the guy...who like....you know....likes to do the salsa?
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I thought Petrus was decent for the round we picked him in....but what about Brandon Jacobs? lol and you also forgot we even got a undrafted rookie to be a gem for us...you know...the guy...who like....you know....likes to do the salsa?
    We cut Petrus, Jacobs wasn't under JR, Cruz was a undrafted FA..

If you take a look at the list of players we've drafted after the 3rd it's not all too good...

vCash
    He's been beaten plenty of times, I don't have anything against him. I want him to be good but 1 thing I noticed is he got a skinnier last season after the aderol "steroids" issue..
    I don't recall him being beat. Been good in support and a solid tackler. I'm hoping the STs time will get him up for more playing time. We'll see I guess. Really wonder what they do about KP.

We cut Petrus, Jacobs wasn't under JR, Cruz was a undrafted FA..

If you take a look at the list of players we've drafted after the 3rd it's not all too good...
    Jacobs was picked while JR lead the scouting and pro personnel.

vCash
    I don't recall him being beat. Been good in support and a solid tackler. I'm hoping the STs time will get him up for more playing time. We'll see I guess. Really wonder what they do about KP.

Jacobs was picked while JR lead the scouting and pro personnel.
    Yes that is true, but who do we all give credit for picks since JR took over? JR.. All this in Reese we trust, I dont see in Ross we trust lol. You know me G I feel JR gets way too much credit and is praised too highly like he can turn **** into gold. That said I am extremely happy to have him as our GM. It just bothers me that people ignore his busts. Gotta go both ways, right?

vCash
    Well, he had an amazing year in 07, but yeah it gets over hyped when you look at the draft results of the last few years. That said, you look for value for your dollar and he really is great at piecing things together. Reese still maintains a lot of control in scouting as he did before.

This is why organizations like the Giants build high character quality teams, while teams with business minded GMs without scouting backgrounds create a mess of a team.

vCash
    Well, he had an amazing year in 07, but yeah it gets over hyped when you look at the draft results of the last few years. That said, you look for value for your dollar and he really is great at piecing things together. Reese still maintains a lot of control in scouting as he did before.

This is why organizations like the Giants build high character quality teams, while teams with business minded GMs without scouting backgrounds create a mess of a team.
    True and as far as 07 what was so special is Ross stepped in nicely (gone now bust?)
    Steve smith was a solid #3? (What the heck happened to him lol I know he moved to stl but wow seriously career over ? ..bust).
    DT jay Alford played well (bust) ,
    4th zak Dessie (your opinion here but only a special teamer ..bust?) ,
    5th boss came in and helped when shockey went down (bust) ,
    6 Adam joeys (bust),
    7th Michael Johnson safety played well that year (bust but whatever right ..) ,
    7th pick 250 due to some character concerns he fell a little but it was nothing to big we got him he broke out vs the bills ..only non bust and still with the team out of 8 players and he was the latest pick we had..

But that year they all helped in some way for the ost part to win the Super Bowl/get us there ... But after they all weren't worth anything besides Bradshaw really I mean boss for a year or two and smith pro bowler then injured..

I don't like some of Reese classic moves like Barden and sintim. , but loved the nicks pick and TT wasn't a bad pick at the time similar to Steve smith you can't predict career changing injuries , KP was a great pick , TE Travis beckum , many of his picks that aren't needs or BPA without Need(JPP ). Are bums ...

He usually does decent but most his drafts have 3 project players and he won't budge for a player we strongly like/want he believes to much in all his picks. Meanwhile history tells us he can't pick better than say above average in the nfl ..which is all good ..

But the project players and keeping them on the team (jj , Barden , beckum , how many lbs?! A few Olinemen ) all have been wastes .

He should be looking for early picks and be a little more aggressive and he'd probably have the best draft every year ...

vCash
    I don't know that I've ever known so little about a draft class before. Outside of a few RBs and Geno and Barkley, I don't know about these guys.

vCash
    I don't know that I've ever known so little about a draft class before. Outside of a few RBs and Geno and Barkley, I don't know about these guys.
    Basically shows you how weak this draft is. Outside a few players, the rest aren't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Basically shows you how weak this draft is. Outside a few players, the rest aren't very good.
    Ha I'm glad you said that......I thought it just showed how little I know about college ball this year. Probably a little of both

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    These are the draft classes that end up being a surprise and are fun but for scouts and gms may seem logically like a pain bc there's no obvious studs really so they have to target guys but some teams will have one guy marked as a sure fire #1 and others will think at best a second rounder ..

This should be fun but they gotta stop breaking to commercial during the giants picks .

vCash
    Ha I'm glad you said that......I thought it just showed how little I know about college ball this year. Probably a little of both
    I have to disagree, these kids now are coming out ready to make a impact faster then ever before. It's actually a pretty deep class, just no real standouts this season is the better way to phrase it IMO..

But it is a weak OT class, that I have to admit.

vCash
    P. Willis showing us all why MIKE's shouldn't be drafted high. Gonzo is owning him b/c of the rules.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Remember early on JR played by different cap rules so trading up higher in draft has cap considerations to think about. We've been up against he cap for years so it limits what we can do. Look what happened to the Jets when you wheel and deal on draft night. We will be fine, just gotta draft to secure some holes and then roll the dice next season.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    P. Willis showing us all why MIKE's shouldn't be drafted high. Gonzo is owning him b/c of the rules.
    I would kill for Willis... Stop it

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast