Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    This team needs DL and OL as it's obvious which playoff teams are winning the GAP control battle. Option or no option, you cannot execute this type of running efficiency or stop it without GAP control. This Giants team needs more linemen on both sides on the LOS.
    ^ This.

Don't get me wrong, we need help at linebacker, but if we had significantly better DT play against the run, our linebackers would have a chance to improve. And if we had healthier and more solid OL play, especially in those ridiculous losses during last 5 weeks, we would still be playing.

Also, I'm not totally sold on Manti....but wouldn't cry if we took him, Ogletree, or Mosley.

vCash
    ^^ gotta wait till next year for Mosley..

vCash
    Love to grab a CB ... Between depth , replacing f/a losses from past couple years and Webster seeming to hit his wall now and declining ..we need one more CB with Hosley and prince ..

I like the Alabama kid forgot his name ..not bc of notre dames game (natl bowl game ) ..but he's supposedly one of the top players in the draft ..name escapes me at moment .

vCash
    Perhaps we get a crack at the honey badger in rounds 4-6...

He's a bit undersized, but he could provide nice depth for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    Love to grab a CB ... Between depth , replacing f/a losses from past couple years and Webster seeming to hit his wall now and declining ..we need one more CB with Hosley and prince ..

I like the Alabama kid forgot his name ..not bc of notre dames game (natl bowl game ) ..but he's supposedly one of the top players in the draft ..name escapes me at moment .
    It's Dee Milliner, but regardless, he'll be taken before the Giants get....and also, there are plenty of other corners that the Giants can get in the 2nd, 3rd, even 4th round who has some decent talent....don't forget Reese could take the risk on picking Tyrann Mathieu as well, I'm hoping we can get him in the 4th round, but there are other guys as the tall, 6-3 David Emerson, the consistent Logan Ryan, and we might even get a chance to get at the physical Johnathan Banks or speedy Xavier Rhodes in the 2nd round....as stated by someone here, we need help on the D-Line...I think either Richardson or Ziggy would be the right pick for us at 19, but this draft could go in so many different directions...the only problem is that Dallas is going to switch to the 4-3 defense, and since they're one pick ahead of us, they're probably going to draft someone that we'll need on defense just hope Reese & Coughlin will have open eyes at the scouting combine
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    It's Dee Milliner, but regardless, he'll be taken before the Giants get....and also, there are plenty of other corners that the Giants can get in the 2nd, 3rd, even 4th round who has some decent talent....don't forget Reese could take the risk on picking Tyrann Mathieu as well, I'm hoping we can get him in the 4th round, but there are other guys as the tall, 6-3 David Emerson, the consistent Logan Ryan, and we might even get a chance to get at the physical Johnathan Banks or speedy Xavier Rhodes in the 2nd round....as stated by someone here, we need help on the D-Line...I think either Richardson or Ziggy would be the right pick for us at 19, but this draft could go in so many different directions...the only problem is that Dallas is going to switch to the 4-3 defense, and since they're one pick ahead of us, they're probably going to draft someone that we'll need on defense just hope Reese & Coughlin will have open eyes at the scouting combine
    They're switching to a 4-3 wow .. Wonder why they have so many ppl who are 3-4 specific I wonder what they're contracts and cap situations are ..

As for dee yeah that's who I thought he was supposta fall a little more I really think we need that next guy Hosley and prince are possibly are starters next year if Cwebb slows down anymore...

Anyone think osi might go to an enemy both eagles and cowboys could use him..and skins ..that would suck .

vCash
    I think we should pick up Xavier Rhodes out of Florida State 2nd round...he's gonna be a solid corner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    I think we should pick up Xavier Rhodes out of Florida State 2nd round...he's gonna be a solid corner.
    Starting to hear a lot about him broncos fans seem to want him as well .. Im all for it lol .

As for the honey badger TM .. I'd risk it for a 4th even 3rd our team has needs at secondary (depending on who we sign we may need a safety) , DE(depth), oline , improvement on both lines and. Maybe a lb (can't recall I thought they did ok but boleys hpgetting older .)..

I'd gladly see us take 5 -7 players being a RB , TE, CB, s/CB, WR(maybe even KR/pr talents) ,oline , DE/DT ..then see us waste picks anymore on projects ..

If we resign Bennett we still could use a TE , we may need a RB for depth that isn't a draft necessity , depth at de/DT we have ojomo for de ..

So I would like to see some guys resigned , some guys in f/a or our practice squad like ojomo or Tracy. Get signed if they can play and spend all our picks on talent for right now ..even risks like the honey badger ..

Wouldn't even be to mad if we moved to get Jarvis Jenkins is it? (Hey NCAA well pay u to get us clowney!! Dude is ready for the nfl .,the age rule is a good rule but he's an exception ur gonna ruin someone's future bc of ppl like this either his or someone else's).

vCash
    Giants should trade every pick after the third round because this draft class ain't very good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    Giants should trade every pick after the third round because this draft class ain't very good
    Or go all Belichickish and trade early picks for early picks NEXT year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    After the 3rd round we haven't done well in general.. Ok Bradshaw I'll give you Bradshaw but maybe I'm having a brain fart cause I can't think of anyone else..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    After the 3rd round we haven't done well in general.. Ok Bradshaw I'll give you Bradshaw but maybe I'm having a brain fart cause I can't think of anyone else..
    Hmmm later round wins. Still time for Sash and likely Williams will pan out as a starter. Adrian Tracy, but he also came in a year with Dodge, Petrus, Dillard.....nothing to brag about there.

Andre Brown was a 4th, but in a year where SIntim, Barden and Beckum were taken ahead of him and Bomar, DeAndre Wright and Stoney Woodson were taken after him. Nothing to brag about that year except Beatty.....and Nicks but he's an easy pick to make at that spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Hmmm later round wins. Still time for Sash and likely Williams will pan out as a starter. Adrian Tracy, but he also came in a year with Dodge, Petrus, Dillard.....nothing to brag about there.

Andre Brown was a 4th, but in a year where SIntim, Barden and Beckum were taken ahead of him and Bomar, DeAndre Wright and Stoney Woodson were taken after him. Nothing to brag about that year except Beatty.....and Nicks but he's an easy pick to make at that spot.
    I knew there was someone I was forgetting about with Williams but we can't count Brown considering how many teams have waived him including us. Sash is eh, special teams player at best.. Tracy has only shown us something in camp and preseason and has had trouble staying healthy..

Overall I would say it's pretty bad..

vCash
    I might be alone on this, but I like Sash. With the safety injuries he's actually had a decent amount of play time and he's never really been beaten.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I might be alone on this, but I like Sash. With the safety injuries he's actually had a decent amount of play time and he's never really been beaten.
    He's been beaten plenty of times, I don't have anything against him. I want him to be good but 1 thing I noticed is he got a skinnier last season after the aderol "steroids" issue..

Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast