Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk

vCash
    Ogletree would be the only possibility......as far as DE I dont want it before o-line , we have ignored it long enough. Even DT to me is more important than DE or even CB

vCash
    Hope Giants do go with OL but most likely will go DE/CB. Maybe DT but defense defense defense

vCash
    Someone on D that can chase down RG3? A couple of those people

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Someone on D that can chase down RG3? A couple of those people
    You don't need someone that can chase him down. Antrel Rolle can do that.

What we need is to learn to read the read-option better and have better contain as well as learning that sometimes just staying in front of RG3 is better than trying to tackle him one on one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    You don't need someone that can chase him down. Antrel Rolle can do that.

What we need is to learn to read the read-option better and have better contain as well as learning that sometimes just staying in front of RG3 is better than trying to tackle him one on one
    JPP really failed to that end.

I'm not as worried about RGIII and the option. It's like any system in football; after the next offseason coaches will find a way to snuff it out. RGIII will always be great and hard to defend, but it'll come back down to earth a little.

vCash
    RG3 really makes us have to upgrade our pass rush. Tuck just isn't getting it done. Even JPP is off this year. We need another DE to take Osi's spot or that becomes a glaring need because of the depth issue.

The guy we need is Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah. This dude is the next JPP. Kid is from Ghana, went to BYU to play b-ball. Got cut, asked the football coach to give him a shot. Coach "no way." Eventually gives him a shot, kid doesn't even know how to put his pads on. Fast forward 4 years.

He's a senior this year, learned OLB, DE, and DT. Injury to the starting BYU DT gave this kid a chance to start. Has only started 9 games, has 13.5 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. Kid is 6'6, 273, with a nonstop motor, arms as long as trees, oh, and did i mention he ran the 100m dash in 10.9? Divide that by 2, its 5.45. Divide that by 5, and then subtract the 1.09 for the extra 10m, and u have a 4.36. Consider that the hard part is getting to top end, I would say this kid still runs a sub 4.6 40m. Basically u have a Julius Peppers type athlete that is super raw and still learning. Sound like another lineman we fell in love with recently? Yup. Let's pair them together.

Get on youtube and check this kid. He plays too high, pad level wise, but a lot of 6'6 lineman do. Anyhow, this kid sheds blocks like a menace. At the point of attack, he rarely gives ground, and when he does, he's so athletic he usually still finds a way to get to the ball. His tackling needs work, but he's 100% all the time and hits pretty ferociously. The only reason we will even get a shot at this kid in the first round is because he's so raw yet. Otherwise, had he played all his life, this kid is top 10 easy.

vCash
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-giants/page/2

I love Montee Ball. I hate that taking Wilson means we likely won't have him.

vCash
    I'm watching Ezekiel Ansah now. And if he's available, I don't see Jerry Reese passing up on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-giants/page/2

I love Montee Ball. I hate that taking Wilson means we likely won't have him.
    Had a great O line. He is ok. Just doesn't look as fast for my taste. Wilson is way more explosive. Andre Brown is our power back! Until he doesn't wanna be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RolleWebster View Post
    Had a great O line. He is ok. Just doesn't look as fast for my taste. Wilson is way more explosive. Andre Brown is our power back! Until he doesn't wanna be.
    Or gets injured again....

vCash
    Draft officially scheduled for April 26th 2012 Thursday

vCash
    Giants gotta go DE/DT and CB or maybe even S if theyre are any great prospects!! But doubt that. Kenny should be back!! Need depth on defense!!

I am wishing for a "dog" linebacker! But don't really need one with the Giants total Defense play" but I can wish!

DE
    DT
    CB
    maybe S

I do think our O line isnt all that bad! They do keep Eli Manning pretty upright n clean for the most part so if they can get a T late. But Giants gotta go defense picks early!!!! Offense is set n too much depth at RB WR N TE...

Any opinions on the O line situation.

vCash
    Ansah or Xavier Rhodes.. Id be happy with either, I bet Ansah stock will rise (like Chandler Jones last year)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Or gets injured again....
    Brown proved to us this year he can be very good BUT he cannot stay healthy ever since he came into the league.

vCash
    I hope we target Jake Matthews, Eric Fisher, or Chance Warmack in the 2nd round.
    And target Sylvester Williams, Arthur Brown, or Jordan Poyer in the 2nd round

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast