Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

State of the Offensive Line (Diehl Agrees to Pay Cut)

LT - Will Beatty
    LG - Kevin Boothe
    C - David Baas
    RG - Chris Snee
    RT - ??

Based on Giants.com the bench is:
    C Jim Cordle
    T/G David Diehl
    T/G James Brewer
    G Bryant Browning
    G Chris DeGeare
    G Stephen Goodin
    G Michael Jasper
    OL Selvish Capers
    T Levy Adcock
    T Matt McCants
    T Brandon Mosley (who I thought was a guard?)

They want Booth back at LG, but he's getting a bunch of interest from other teams. They've looked at Slauson, but I haven't heard any other FA rumors.

I gotta believe they're planning on Brewer to start at RT, since they're basically ready to cut pay or release Diehl and it doesn't sound like they've looked into any FA tackles and we know they won't start a rookie at RT.

They really have to draft a G to groom behind Snee. Snee does not have much left.

Really concerned with the future of this line.
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 03-25-2013 at 01:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    LT - Will Beatty
    LG - ??
    C - David Baas
    RG - Chris Snee
    RT - ??

C Jim Cordle
    T/G David Diehl
    T/G James Brewer
    G Bryant Browning
    G Chris DeGeare
    G Stephen Goodin
    G Michael Jasper
    OL Selvish Capers
    T Levy Adcock
    T Matt McCants

They want Booth back at LG, but he's getting a bunch of interest from other teams. They've looked at Slauson, but I haven't heard any other FA rumors.

I gotta believe they're planning on Brewer to start at RT, since they're basically ready to cut pay or release Diehl and it doesn't sound like they've looked into any FA tackles and we know they won't start a rookie at RT.

They really have to draft a G to groom behind Snee. Snee does not have much left.

We've been concerned about the o line the past few years and like we expected they were pretty ****ing bad, absolutely pathetic in the run game and short yardage.. Pass protection has been eh.. When Locklear went down it went to ****..

vCash
    I feel sick why must you post this lol why why did I click this.

Well we got the draft and maybe a f/a ? Ugh. The jet butt fumble guy or boothe are ranked 1 and 2 for f/as .

vCash
    1st round DJ FLuker.
    2nd round Kevin Minter.
    5th round Tyran Mathieu.

I'm a happy man

vCash
    Thought ethier Capers or Jasper would start by now but I guess they suck!?

idk...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    1st round DJ FLuker.
    2nd round Kevin Minter.
    5th round Tyran Mathieu.

I'm a happy man
    Tyran won't be available after the 3rd round....gotta take him in 3rd when they get the chance...I also would like the Giants to get a pair of corner in the draft...did it once in 09, when he got two in the 7th, but they were garbage...(Stoney Woodson and De'Andre Wright)...if Slay is available in the 4th, gotta get him too with Mathieu..
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    LT - Will Beatty
    LG - ??
    C - David Baas
    RG - Chris Snee
    RT - ??

C Jim Cordle
    T/G David Diehl
    T/G James Brewer
    G Bryant Browning
    G Chris DeGeare
    G Stephen Goodin
    G Michael Jasper
    OL Selvish Capers
    T Levy Adcock
    T Matt McCants

I like to see what Mosley can bring to the table...I heard he was very athletic, and if he can play LG, I'm down with it
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    Without the Black Unicorn the OL could be further exposed. The QB is going to get hurt someday.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Without the Black Unicorn the OL could be further exposed. The QB is going to get hurt someday.
    Agreed, if Boothe comes back the left side of the line will be fine, but Diehl is a liability at the RT and needs a good TE to help him. It doesn't help that we lost our best pass blocking RB as well though Bradshaw was so banged up he couldn't stop anything at the end of the year.

Pascoe is just OK at blocking, he's smart and knows his assignments, but he's not particularly strong or aggressive.

If the Giants can't get a guy who can do both well than I'd rather have a young TE who is good at blocking and OK at pass catching then a guy who can catch but can't block.

Even if we draft a young RT or Brewer take over, he will still need help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Isn't the black unicorn Martelus Bennet? What does he have to do with our line?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Tyran won't be available after the 3rd round....gotta take him in 3rd when they get the chance...I also would like the Giants to get a pair of corner in the draft...did it once in 09, when he got two in the 7th, but they were garbage...(Stoney Woodson and De'Andre Wright)...if Slay is available in the 4th, gotta get him too with Mathieu..
    You don't know that. Did anybody think Prince Amukamara would be available at 19? Did anybody think Marvin Austin would last until the mid of the 2nd round? Did anybody think Jake Locker would go in the top 10? Bruce Irvin 15th overall?

So many players fall or get taken early and with a prospect whom most would agree is about a 3rd round value, he can go anywhere from 2nd round to 5th round.

vCash
    Isn't the black unicorn Martelus Bennet? What does he have to do with our line?
    You actually asked that?

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    You don't know that. Did anybody think Prince Amukamara would be available at 19? Did anybody think Marvin Austin would last until the mid of the 2nd round? Did anybody think Jake Locker would go in the top 10? Bruce Irvin 15th overall?

So many players fall or get taken early and with a prospect whom most would agree is about a 3rd round value, he can go anywhere from 2nd round to 5th round.
    I could play that same ignorant game and say you don't know where he'll land either, but I'm not and obviously his performance at the Combine and with a couple of positive interviews he had on TV, like with NFL AM, this kid is going to get more looks and love than he had previously, and I'm not the only one who feels that way: 1)http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=CB 2)http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737333
    3)http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2013-nfl-draft
    4)http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tyrann-mathieu
    5)http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ams-needing-cb (check out the pole and most voters voted that he'll end up in the 3rd round at 42%)
    6)http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/1/...houston-texans
    7)http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/201...u-honey-badger
    I could find more....
    Even though it is possible, it will be a surprise if he goes past the 3rd round, there will be some desperate teams that will take its chance to pick a player talented enough to fill in a big void, despite his off-the-field problems, they'll take the risk to reap a reward (I can already see Cincy pulling the trigger with their third round pick: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tyrann-mathieu) as for the players you listed, Jake Locker was a desperate pick by the Titans that was expected because Matt Hasslebeck earlier had signed a deal with Tennessee and was expected to mentor a young QB, likely Locker since there was mutual relationship between the two back in Seattle.....Marvin Austin was suspended for the entire 2010 season for reaping benefits that raised some questions by some team scouts of his character and judgement skills, as well as the reports of him skipping the wonderlic test and finger-pointing in interviews reportedly disappointed some NFL personnel so his drop was expected at worst, to the second round....the only person that you listed that was a surprise pick was Bruce Irvin, but that's one guy...too insufficient when the majority of the players taken in the draft have been mentioned by an analyst to be a guy who can help that team out....surprise picks are usually rare, and it's been proven because you were able to name only one guy, while some teams just follow the BPA theory like the Giants do and tend to ignore major needs (OL, the past 3 years)....so in conclusion, we won't fully know where each player can go, but we can make a realistic, and close estimation of where a player can go due to pro day/scouting combine performances, interviews, and some reports as well, and on a regular basis, those estimations can be close to accurate....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I could play that same ignorant game and say you don't know where he'll land either, but I'm not and obviously his performance at the Combine and with a couple of positive interviews he had on TV, like with NFL AM, this kid is going to get more looks and love than he had previously, and I'm not the only one who feels that way: 1)http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=CB 2)http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737333
    3)http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2013-nfl-draft
    4)http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tyrann-mathieu
    5)http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ams-needing-cb (check out the pole and most voters voted that he'll end up in the 3rd round at 42%)
    6)http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/1/...houston-texans
    7)http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/201...u-honey-badger
    I could find more....
    Even though it is possible, it will be a surprise if he goes past the 3rd round, there will be some desperate teams that will take its chance to pick a player talented enough to fill in a big void, despite his off-the-field problems, they'll take the risk to reap a reward (I can already see Cincy pulling the trigger with their third round pick: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tyrann-mathieu) as for the players you listed, Jake Locker was a desperate pick by the Titans that was expected because Matt Hasslebeck earlier had signed a deal with Tennessee and was expected to mentor a young QB, likely Locker since there was mutual relationship between the two back in Seattle.....Marvin Austin was suspended for the entire 2010 season for reaping benefits that raised some questions by some team scouts of his character and judgement skills, as well as the reports of him skipping the wonderlic test and finger-pointing in interviews reportedly disappointed some NFL personnel so his drop was expected at worst, to the second round....the only person that you listed that was a surprise pick was Bruce Irvin, but that's one guy...too insufficient when the majority of the players taken in the draft have been mentioned by an analyst to be a guy who can help that team out....surprise picks are usually rare, and it's been proven because you were able to name only one guy, while some teams just follow the BPA theory like the Giants do and tend to ignore major needs (OL, the past 3 years)....so in conclusion, we won't fully know where each player can go, but we can make a realistic, and close estimation of where a player can go due to pro day/scouting combine performances, interviews, and some reports as well, and on a regular basis, those estimations can be close to accurate....
    Yes Locker was a desperation pick, and Austin was suspended, but my point was that anything can happen and yes indeed a team may very well reach in the 2nd round for Matieu.

I would not mind Mathieu in the 3rd, depending on who we get in the 1st two rounds. If we end up getting something like Ansah/Minter or Fluker/Minters I would def be on board with Mathieu in the 3rd.

Ansah - Minter - Mathieu is my dream scenario for the 1st 3 rounds right now.

vCash
    Yes Locker was a desperation pick, and Austin was suspended, but my point was that anything can happen and yes indeed a team may very well reach in the 2nd round for Mathieu.

I would not mind Mathieu in the 3rd, depending on who we get in the 1st two rounds. If we end up getting something like Ansah/Minter or Fluker/Minters I would def be on board with Mathieu in the 3rd.

Ansah - Minter - Mathieu is my dream scenario for the 1st 3 rounds right now.
    for underline: def. agreed, anything can happen, but in the realm of reality, so again, I believe it's possible that Mathieu could maybe slip out of the 3rd round, but it would be a surprise, and again its those desperate teams (St. Louis taking Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd last year) that come out and might make a questionable move....for the bolded part:......lol btw, you believe that Minter will be the best MIKE available in the 2nd? you don't see Ogletree or Te'o falling down? this is also my opinion, but I wouldn't hat taking Kiko Alonso....
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 03-16-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast