Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 126
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,480
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    cause they could see into the future to know the new CBA rules? makes sense!
    So..........by that logic.....we should never negotiate with free agents because we won't know what CBA changes may come down the pike 5 years later?

    I understand your point but dont agree w the long term of it.


    And so, a new era begins.....

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    I'm an advocate of spending money wisely, the organization has burned themselves with ridiculous contracts-that is their own fault, why should the fans be hurt because of their ineptness? Just because they made a rash move by giving a 32 year old 10 years and 275 million doesn't mean we should suffer. Greinke at 4 years would be a good move, Hamilton at 4, front loaded would help as well, even swisher at 4 would help. The problem is the length of these deals not the overall money spent. After all of these years paying top dollar, these guys come in and say "listen, we've made the playoffs 90% of the time over the past decade with this model, but now we're changing it because of taxes" is completely ridiculous.

    You couldn't be more wrong concerning costs to go to games in other cities. I live in DC, the Nats were one of the most exciting teams in baseball this year. You know how much a ticket in upper deck cost on weekdays? 5$. with a 3$ metro ride to get to the stadium. When the Yanks are in Baltimore its literally 35 to 40% cheaper, in fact, its less expensive for my parents to drive from Queens to Baltimore and get nice seats than it is for them to go from queens to the south bx and get nice seats. The costs of going to a game aren't even comparable between the yankees and other teams.
    the fans are not hurt. no one is forcing you to go tot he games, pay for parking, buy food and beer, etc. they are hurting the fans more by allowing the huge spending that doesnt produce results to continue.


    I also live near DC. those 5 dollar tickets are a special, for a team that has had trouble draweing attendacne since they got there. they rarely sold out beofre this year. bnaltimore, another example of a team that cant sell out the stadium, hence the lower prices. thats supply and demand, not the yankees charging too much. that is not the case with yankee stadium. compare prices at yankee stadium to any team with a rich winning tradition that sells out on a regualr basis, prices for the most part are similiar. you cna take the train to the stadium instead of parking, so the metro arguemment is moot, and concession wise the food and beer is prieced almsot the same. just look at my sig, trust em i have plenty of experience with various ball parks.


    I go every year to atleast one yankee game, and I can get a bleacher set for abotu 25 bucks on stub hub for me and like 12 family memebers. that same seat in baltimore/DC is around the same. sure baltimore and DC have 5 to 8 dollars seats, but they are upper deck nose bleeds, basically the worst seat in the stadium. vlaue wise, the bleahcers are better
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    the craziest thing is that they still are! how else do you explain 12mill to Youk?

    It seems like the chances of them changing philosophies is about the same as sucking a watermelon through a garden hose.
    Well, who should play 3rd? You have a fan base that has been spoiled and will accept nothing but a good team on the field with the money that Hal forces them to shell out to see that team.....you cannot charge a lot for lessor talent....if they want to go that direction then sell the team or drop prices and explain their master plan....
    Nick

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    21,277
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    That's just not true.
    i live 10 minutes from the stadium, i try to go as much games possible, its true , upper deck seats specially when you go on game day are 5 to 8 bucks

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,475
    vCash
    1500
    A $189 million payroll is still the highest in baseball. There are many fan bases that would kill for their team to have $189 million to work with. The problem with the Yanks is that a large portion of that $189 is locked up with a few players. How do you get out of that problem? Well you start by not signing guys to huge *** contracts that are going to be on the wrong side of 30 in a few seasons (Cano). You make smaller moves that compliment the top players on your team and compete that way. Slowly get yourself out of the contracts that are tying you down and then that $189 mill or whatever the number is in the future is more workable.

    Yes the Yanks are not the Pirates or the Astros or any other low payroll team. They prove that by having a goal of a $189 million payroll which some fans complain about and act as if it's peanuts.

    Masahiro Tanaka

    11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I have been hearing that about a bad season coming since 1994 when George started throwing money at problems AGAIN...They only missed 1 postseason since.....let's face it folks, money can solve problems if those players stay healthy and perform up to their abilities....

    On the flip side the team still needs to develop young players for trades and possible jobs to win in spring training.....a good mix is needed for the organization to stay healthy....They are 2 years away with starting pitching and probably the same with a few of the better position players as well...they need to develop a 3rd basemen by 2015.....
    making the playoffs is not our goal. and most of the players that are underpreforming are actually not, they are simply delcineing with age no one wins the battle with father time
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,367
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    the fans are not hurt. no one is forcing you to go tot he games, pay for parking, buy food and beer, etc. they are hurting the fans more by allowing the huge spending that doesnt produce results to continue.


    I also live near DC. those 5 dollar tickets are a special, for a team that has had trouble draweing attendacne since they got there. they rarely sold out beofre this year. bnaltimore, another example of a team that cant sell out the stadium, hence the lower prices. thats supply and demand, not the yankees charging too much. that is not the case with yankee stadium. compare prices at yankee stadium to any team with a rich winning tradition that sells out on a regualr basis, prices for the most part are similiar. you cna take the train to the stadium instead of parking, so the metro arguemment is moot, and concession wise the food and beer is prieced almsot the same. just look at my sig, trust em i have plenty of experience with various ball parks.


    I go every year to atleast one yankee game, and I can get a bleacher set for abotu 25 bucks on stub hub for me and like 12 family memebers. that same seat in baltimore/DC is around the same. sure baltimore and DC have 5 to 8 dollars seats, but they are upper deck nose bleeds, basically the worst seat in the stadium. vlaue wise, the bleahcers are better
    Doesn't produce results? How has this meme been allowed to continue? They've missed the playoffs once in 20 ****ing years.
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    A $189 million payroll is still the highest in baseball. There are many fan bases that would kill for their team to have $189 million to work with. The problem with the Yanks is that a large portion of that $189 is locked up with a few players. How do you get out of that problem? Well you start by not signing guys to huge *** contracts that are going to be on the wrong side of 30 in a few seasons (Cano). You make smaller moves that compliment the top players on your team and compete that way. Slowly get yourself out of the contracts that are tying you down and then that $189 mill or whatever the number is in the future is more workable.

    Yes the Yanks are not the Pirates or the Astros or any other low payroll team. They prove that by having a goal of a $189 million payroll which some fans complain about and act as if it's peanuts.
    bingo. the yankees will be golden once thos elong term deals run out operating at 189 mil. it just sucks now because Arod, Tex, CC Jeter etc take up almost half it by themsevles
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    A $189 million payroll is still the highest in baseball. There are many fan bases that would kill for their team to have $189 million to work with. The problem with the Yanks is that a large portion of that $189 is locked up with a few players. How do you get out of that problem? Well you start by not signing guys to huge *** contracts that are going to be on the wrong side of 30 in a few seasons (Cano). You make smaller moves that compliment the top players on your team and compete that way. Slowly get yourself out of the contracts that are tying you down and then that $189 mill or whatever the number is in the future is more workable.

    Yes the Yanks are not the Pirates or the Astros or any other low payroll team. They prove that by having a goal of a $189 million payroll which some fans complain about and act as if it's peanuts.
    bingo. the yankees will be golden once thos elong term deals run out operating at 189 mil. it just sucks now because Arod, Tex, CC Jeter etc take up almost half it by themsevles
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Doesn't produce results? How has this meme been allowed to continue? They've missed the playoffs once in 20 ****ing years.
    this is the yankees. since when do we measure results in anything other than championships? we mad ethe ALCS this and look how people were still lsoing there minds. thats a successful seaosn almost anywhere else, not here
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,125
    vCash
    1750
    If you don't want to spend money then sell the team . It's that simple
    Future Ace

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    If you don't want to spend money then sell the team . It's that simple
    $189 million is not spending money?

    Masahiro Tanaka

    11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22,772
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    $189 million is not spending money?
    lulz.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY Where else
    Posts
    6,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    It's hard to cruticize Hal's perspective because he is right:



    Who disagrees?
    Problem is the Yankees can't develop players or don't have the patience to do it. Hal sounds like the fan that believes every kid is going to be a star.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

    F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

    F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

    -Heat fan


  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY Where else
    Posts
    6,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    It makes no sense considering on how much money his family makes with everything counted up.....trust me, the tax, no matter how severe it will be, would not cripple the Yankees...Hal is basically going by a baseball budget with all other monies coming in not counted.....a joke!

    This is like Broadway play charging the highest ticket prices and then bringing in high school actors in place of the stars....

    How does Hal address the season ticket holders?
    Bingo.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

    F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

    F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

    -Heat fan


Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •