Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    $50M as in the 40 in reduced payroll and the 10 in taxes? Thats exactly my point though, they won't be going on a spending spree after 2014 like people seem to think. The savings isn't the tax - its the 40M they cut from the payroll.
    Correct. And I agree. Their new limit is a self imposed $189m.

Lets be honest, although we love when they spend, there is no reason we can't be great at $189m.

Sure , 2014-17 may put us back in the pack a bit, but then it's open season for big ticket items.

I'm good with that. I'm also good with splurging.

What irritates me and most fans is a week like this one where they are losing out on crap players for no logical reason.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    It's not just saving $7mil. It's saving $50mil.

I don't care how much money you have, you'd be a moron not to do what they are doing.

Now if it doesn't work for several years and they lose? Then, yes, fans can complain.
    It won't work, barren farm system + aging, declining players + limited spending= cellar dweller.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    we have stop gap guys in place now making a good bit of money in kuroda, pettiette, etc. guys who aren't long term. so the plan in a couple eyars is to have developed young cheap guys to take their place. it takes time. the trust fund example is terrible, no one feels bad for a trust fund spoiled brat learnign what real life is like. thats whats happening with the yankees now, and it is needed

i did look at 08. we fisnihsed 4th in the AL. if thats your worst year in 15 years, you are doing soemthing right
    They have been developing guys for the past 8 yrs. Nova took a step back last season and Hughes even though he made strides is still up and down and will be a FA. If he repeats his 2012 season he is going to get paid a good amount of money.

well the only one we know we have to replace at the moment is martin. i dont think that will be that tough. esepcially since we are getting agrdner back, so that is essentially like a free agent signing for us. you act like the team will eb comepltey revamped. the onyl valueable player we are at risk of losing is swisher
    They need to replace RF, 3rd base, and catcher. I like A-rod but I'm not confident in him coming back and returning to form with bad hips.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    They have been developing guys for the past 8 yrs. Nova took a step back last season and Hughes even though he made strides is still up and down and will be a FA. If he repeats his 2012 season he is going to get paid a good amount of money.

They need to replace RF, 3rd base, and catcher. I like A-rod but I'm not confident in him coming back and returning to form with bad hips.
    nova was never suppsoed to be anyhtign special, and hughs development has sturggled because of injruy iusees/flipping him in and out of the bull pen.

righyt, and they are likely to re-sign ichiro, use romine at catcher and add a thrid baseman. so wheres the problem?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    nova was never suppsoed to be anyhtign special, and hughs development has sturggled because of injruy iusees/flipping him in and out of the bull pen.

righyt, and they are likely to re-sign ichiro, use romine at catcher and add a thrid baseman. so wheres the problem?
    Is Romine ready to be a full time catcher? Does Ichiro want to come back?
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Is Romine ready to be a full time catcher? Does Ichiro want to come back?
    ichiro said he wants to come abck, and we are going to ahve to find out sooner or later one way or the other if romines ready. now seems like a god time because he doesnt need to do much to replace martin from last year

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    ichiro said he wants to come abck, and we are going to ahve to find out sooner or later one way or the other if romines ready. now seems like a god time because he doesnt need to do much to replace martin from last year
    There are also reports that's Ichiro is upset and started looking at other teams. I'm not a fan of Martin and he was all or nothing last yr but Romine has a ways to go before he can be the catcher of the Yankees.

-Heat fan

vCash
    There are also reports that's Ichiro is upset and started looking at other teams. I'm not a fan of Martin and he was all or nothing last yr but Romine has a ways to go before he can be the catcher of the Yankees.
    he almsot literally could not be worse than martin was last year. given the othe ralternatives, i say give him a shot

vCash
    They could give him a shot. They have always been high on him.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Let him go leave for league minimum the yankees can't go into this season with him and gardner on the corners.
    THE GOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Let him go leave for league minimum the yankees can't go into this season with him and gardner on the corners.
    Well then there is going to be slim pickings out there.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Well then there is going to be slim pickings out there.
    Ichiro was below average at best last year anyway.
    THE GOAT

vCash
    He played well for the Yankees when he came over.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Ichiro was below average at best last year anyway.
    he was good for new york, so how mcuhw as him losing it and how much was him not having the drive because he was on a ****** seattle team?

vCash
    he was good for new york, so how mcuhw as him losing it and how much was him not having the drive because he was on a ****** seattle team?
    39 year old players with two consecutive sub 100 wRC+ years, tend to continue to decline. He was bad by every offensive metric.
    THE GOAT

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast