Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribe View Post
    Look guys:

Demar, Ross and Pietrus should be able to hold the wing positions with Kleyza, Andersoon and Fields coming in when needed. Lowry and Calderon are both very good PGs. We had different flavors at PF.

The hole in raptorland is the Center. It always have been like that

- JV is good but he is noob and paired with Bargs makes him worse. He'll be ok in three years.
    - Bargs is Bargs.
    - Amir is not a center and has been played out of position.
    - Gray is a poor backup at his best.

To me:

1. Mc'Glorie had an impact last year. Last year success in the defensive end has his name. Even if you don't like it.
    2. Triano was a very smart coach. He was able to stay in a lot of games without a real Center and the offence was fluid.
    3. Jose is the best point guard the raptors have ever had.

Solution: Transfer one of Bargs/Amir or Davis for a real Center who can hold the position for two or three years while JV gets his way.

Stop ******* around.
    i agree with the bolded. the rest not so much. of course i am assuming McGloryhole is Magloire.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Casey's team Current record: 4-15

3-4 (home) - 34 games left
    1-11 (road) - 29 games left

If they go 19-15 at home
    And 12-17 on the road

I am not sure if 35 wins is enough for BC to reach his pre-season goal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Giving up 102.7 points is hard to understand but I truly believe that JJ was the main reason why Casey's defensive philosophy was at its best last season.
    He definitely had an impact but I saw other guys playing harder too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Are they road weary this season? It's very hard to simply understand why they regressed so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post
    it is easy to call for casey's head but i don't think the lack of results is his fault. he is a hardworking tactical coach (like a chess player) that needs predictability and half court steady paced game in order to succeed.

what changed in raptors land from last year? well the biggest thing that changes is the starter pg. last year the team player defense decently at times with calderon as pg. this year with lawry running the team it seems worse.

the main reason for the struggle is the fact that lowry does not have a structured way of running the offense. he improvises (creates) a lot and this confuses his teammates. sometimes he attack early in the clock and this results in a lot of transition defense situations where the raptors struggles big time.

lowry is the type of player with an amazing set of skills that puts up big numbers but doesn't seem to be able to make his team better. iverson was the perfect example of this curse. despite his impressive skills set lowry is not good at running a structured offense. when her runs the offense the way he knows the team doesn't do much better but at least he puts up very good numbers. don't forget that despite his skills set he was already let go by two other NBA teams. so i think he hardly is the savior we expect.

at the beginning of the season casey seemed to know what he wants from lowry. as the loses started to pile up casey tried to adjust the tactics first but he kept the rotation mainly the same. he tried to pair lowry with calderon that was implementing better casey's tactics, but this didn't pay off because lowry is equally ineffective off the ball. being unable to fix the problem casey now seems to be out of ideas and the inconsistent and illogical (at times) rotations prove that.

but again is not casey's fault that this happens. the main culprit is colangelo. he left casey with two stars that cannot coexist. bargs and lowry will never be effective in the same time. last year when bargs had his best time as a raptors he was the beneficiary of the structured offense that allowed him tho know where needs to be and what needs to do. but the type of offense that made bargs better will make lowry useless. with lowry running the plays bargs looks worse than he actually is. the only option casey has is to bench one of the two which will make colangelo look bad.

colangelo put the team together and my solution is to let colangelo go and let casey run the team the way he feels rather than imposing on him rotations with bargs and lowry.

bargs needs to be benched. his moral is very low because of the years of loosing. he needs to be traded for its own good but i will not be surprised if bargs becomes a star in a different team.
    Virtually agree with your entire post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I agree, though if you consider "The Life"s early post on page 1, the way Lowry plays gives way to alot of break outs and easy points, and doesn't allow the defense to set. When you run a set offense, there is less chance of the breakouts and you're defense is able to react and get back in transition properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    I agree, though if you consider "The Life"s early post on page 1, the way Lowry plays gives way to alot of break outs and easy points, and doesn't allow the defense to set. When you run a set offense, there is less chance of the breakouts and you're defense is able to react and get back in transition properly.
    exactly with lowry running the offense fast the number of possessions per game increase and also whit it the chances for opposing team to score points. if you add to the equation more transition defense caused by early clock shots it makes the raptors look even worse.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post
    it is easy to call for casey's head but i don't think the lack of results is his fault. he is a hardworking tactical coach (like a chess player) that needs predictability and half court steady paced game in order to succeed.

what changed in raptors land from last year? well the biggest thing that changes is the starter pg. last year the team player defense decently at times with calderon as pg. this year with lawry running the team it seems worse.

the main reason for the struggle is the fact that lowry does not have a structured way of running the offense. he improvises (creates) a lot and this confuses his teammates. sometimes he attack early in the clock and this results in a lot of transition defense situations where the raptors struggles big time.

lowry is the type of player with an amazing set of skills that puts up big numbers but doesn't seem to be able to make his team better. iverson was the perfect example of this curse. despite his impressive skills set lowry is not good at running a structured offense. when her runs the offense the way he knows the team doesn't do much better but at least he puts up very good numbers. don't forget that despite his skills set he was already let go by two other NBA teams. so i think he hardly is the savior we expect.

at the beginning of the season casey seemed to know what he wants from lowry. as the loses started to pile up casey tried to adjust the tactics first but he kept the rotation mainly the same. he tried to pair lowry with calderon that was implementing better casey's tactics, but this didn't pay off because lowry is equally ineffective off the ball. being unable to fix the problem casey now seems to be out of ideas and the inconsistent and illogical (at times) rotations prove that.

but again is not casey's fault that this happens. the main culprit is colangelo. he left casey with two stars that cannot coexist. bargs and lowry will never be effective in the same time. last year when bargs had his best time as a raptors he was the beneficiary of the structured offense that allowed him tho know where needs to be and what needs to do. but the type of offense that made bargs better will make lowry useless. with lowry running the plays bargs looks worse than he actually is. the only option casey has is to bench one of the two which will make colangelo look bad.

colangelo put the team together and my solution is to let colangelo go and let casey run the team the way he feels rather than imposing on him rotations with bargs and lowry.

bargs needs to be benched. his moral is very low because of the years of loosing. he needs to be traded for its own good but i will not be surprised if bargs becomes a star in a different team.
    Good post.

Everyone loves the alpha dog until we inevitably find out they're better at playing horse than running a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    Exactly. A coach has more control with that structure.

I put this on Colangelo who wanted to go for the spectacular again over the methodical style that won a few games last year. You build on a methodology, not on flash.

But hey, what am I saying, we all know that the only problem with this team is Bargnani. lol.

vCash
    Coaching isn't just about x's and o's it's also about motivation and discipline. With regards to the last two, I don't think those are Casey's strengths. Also, X's and O's can only get you so far if you don't have the talent and or the player's who will buy into what you are preaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Coaching isn't just about x's and o's it's also about motivation and discipline. With regards to the last two, I don't think those are Casey's strengths. Also, X's and O's can only get you so far if you don't have the talent and or the player's who will buy into what you are preaching.
    really? i think the last 2 are his strengths. it's the X's and O's i question.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Actually the Last two are more his strength. Unless we talking about Andrea then those two things don't exist.

vCash
    when do you start to blame the players? its not like we used to be a good defensive team before he took over and now we suck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    when do you start to blame the players? its not like we used to be a good defensive team before he took over and now we suck
    It is the players in this case IMO. We know Casey can coach defence, we know he knows what he's doing in that regard. Our team is young and unfortunately weak mentally IMO.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Why Casey should be fired?

Today's game is a prime example. Poor poor rotations.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast