Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Man... I was so impressed with how Casey got these guys to play D last year. This season, they have reverted back to their old forms. It is really disappointing. He needs to get through to them.
    Pretty much how I feel.

Based on the overall body of work, I definitely think he warrants AT LEAST until the end of the season

vCash
    Man... I was so impressed with how Casey got these guys to play D last year. This season, they have reverted back to their old forms. It is really disappointing. He needs to get through to them.
    think about how much it undermines the message coach is trying to send regarding hard work and defense when Bargnani plays 34.1 mins a game. players are too smart to not notice that. all it takes is compromising your values for one player or for a short time to create disharmony in the group.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-06-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    think about how much it undermines the message coach is trying to send regarding hard work and defense when Bargnani plays 34.1 mins a game. players are too smart to not notice that. all it takes is compromising your values for one player or for a short time to create disharmony in the group.
    this. You can't keep making exceptions for Bargnani when the rest of the team has to work their ***** off on both ends of the floor. The coach loses credibility this way, and the players will start tuning him out.

This is why Bargnani is a bigger problem than missed shots. It's the culture intentionally or otherwise he's bringing into the locker room with his one-sided play.

vCash
    Does anyone ever consider just how close most of our losses have been, and that we are playing 3 new starters most of the time. It takes some time for a team to come together as a unit defensively.

We have like 5 losses by 4 points or less. Everyone knew the beginning of the season was going to rough, so everyone needs to calm it down a bit. Things were heading in the right direction defensively this year until we ran into 4 of the top 10 scoring teams in the NBA in SA,Hou,Mem and Denver.

Also, in case you forgot; we did trade away our best defender (James Johnson), and we have a 20 year old rookie who is learning the language (and to play under new rules) anchoring our Defense.

The biggest problem we have imo is that someone with a FG% under 40% is leading our team in FGA's. Over his last 5 games, Bargs is 5 for 26 from 3pt range. he has only taken 9 FTA's, and is 24 for 69 from the field (34.8%). DC should have left him on the bench last night in 4th quarter and simply went with the guys that were playing well. He came in with 7 minutes left when we were up by 1. He scored 0 points, grabbed 1 rebound and missed three more 3pt shots (to make him 0 for 6 on the day from behind the arc).

Bargnani is not a good 3 point shooter anymore. He is a good shooting big, but not a good 3pt shooter overall. DC needs to tell him that the next time he takes a 3pt shot in the 4th quarter that isn't forced because the shot clock is winding down that he will find himself on the pine. God it is frustrating to watch him miss jump shots from 20+ feet away in close games coming down the stretch.
    Last edited by bartron_44; 12-06-2012 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Great Point. Fully agree with this. How long can you coddle a player like this? Once you do this to one player, the team is going to tune the coach out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Great Point. Fully agree with this. How long can you coddle a player like this? Once you do this to one player, the team is going to tune the coach out.
    that's my feeling. whatever credibility he had with all of his talk of defense and accountability, probably a great deal of it is being lost this season. such a shame because they really appeared to buy into it last season.

if i'm Davis i can tell you i would not be a happy man. not saying they are unhappy, but these young guys are friends for the most part, what are the odds that they don't ***** and complain to each other when they are away from the court.

i can see this getting ugly. i hope there is a resolution soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Casey isn't to blame for the Raps' slow start. Yeah, sure he's horrible with rotations but to blame him for the poor defense isn't fair. He showed us last year that he can get even a garbage team (lead by Calderon and Bargs) to defend. Now this year, with better defenders presented to him in Lowry, JVal, Ross, and the surprising emergence of DD, why can't he do the same?

The problem is that our boys are letting the offense dictate the defense. When we start missing shots, we start playing horrible defense. When we start making shots consistently, we play much better on the defensive end.

vCash
    man i would hate to work for you guys. lol fire this guy!!! fire that guy!!!. its been just over a month in to the season with a new and very young roster and you guys wanna fire him already? give the guy a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    man i would hate to work for you guys. lol fire this guy!!! fire that guy!!!. its been just over a month in to the season with a new and very young roster and you guys wanna fire him already? give the guy a chance.
    how can you take this thread seriously?

its made by a Torontonian Laker fan

Bandwagoners will always jump ship

I definitely would not want these guys beside me as I battle zombies. Most likely they will break formation and end up being overwhelmed rather than sticking to the game plan

vCash
    I like Casey. I think the culture needs to be changed and he can't do it while being chained to Bargs. Trading Bargs and Calderon (as much as I like Calderon) would be the best thing they could do and this team could finally start fresh.

vCash
    He is garbage level coach,after Raptors fire him,his only chance to get any job will be at Mcdonalds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers4life08 View Post
    He is garbage level coach,after Raptors fire him,his only chance to get any job will be at Mcdonalds
    You are way off. He is well respected all around the league.

vCash
    You are way off. He is well respected all around the league.
    I hope you understand that the kid you talk to is 8 year old.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Giving up 102.7 points is hard to understand but I truly believe that JJ was the main reason why Casey's defensive philosophy was at its best last season.

vCash
    Look guys:

Demar, Ross and Pietrus should be able to hold the wing positions with Kleyza, Andersoon and Fields coming in when needed. Lowry and Calderon are both very good PGs. We had different flavors at PF.

The hole in raptorland is the Center. It always have been like that

- JV is good but he is noob and paired with Bargs makes him worse. He'll be ok in three years.
    - Bargs is Bargs.
    - Amir is not a center and has been played out of position.
    - Gray is a poor backup at his best.

To me:

1. Mc'Glorie had an impact last year. Last year success in the defensive end has his name. Even if you don't like it.
    2. Triano was a very smart coach. He was able to stay in a lot of games without a real Center and the offence was fluid.
    3. Jose is the best point guard the raptors have ever had.

Solution: Transfer one of Bargs/Amir or Davis for a real Center who can hold the position for two or three years while JV gets his way.

Stop ******* around.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast