Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 856
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,330
    vCash
    1500
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    no matter what happens with Ryu & dodgers today at deadline, dont be surprised if dodgers pursue anibal or lohse, too.

    Holy ****!! Ok if we sign Ryu and then Anibal, I am going to flipout. lol.

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,567
    vCash
    1500
    That would be clowning

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,500
    vCash
    1500
    Greinke has a full player opt-out clause after the third year of the deal, a Dodgers source tells Jim Bowden of ESPN.com (via Twitter). Furthermore, if Greinke is traded during the course of the contract he can opt out at end of year.
    i would expect him to opt-out and get more money (ie arod, cc, jd drew)

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,330
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkh View Post
    i would expect him to opt-out and get more money (ie arod, cc, jd drew)
    At his annual salary, good luck finding another taker. Its too hard to forecast which teams will have that kind of money to spend on a single pitcher for above 24 million. He will have to pitch like a top 5 pitcher in baseball for him to beat the salary we are paying him now. Could he duplicate his 2009 season again? Its possible. DS is a pitchers park afterall and its not like bad weather is prevalent in LA during the summer which should benefit Greinke further. Our rotation has huge potential now and in a few hours if we sign Ryu, we will easily be a top 5 or perhaps top 3 rotation in all of baseball.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    16,939
    vCash
    1631
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    I like the contract because that puts Greinke in a position to pitch really good in order to opt out after 3 years and expect more money. The contract doesn't seem that big now.
    I agree with this. The opt out is not bad. If he's pitching well enough to opt out of that contract it would mean 1 of 2 things. He is pitching well enough to command even more money or the economy has bounced back so much that teams are paying even stupider contracts. Both would obviously be great news!

    I think it's as good of a contract as you can get a guy like ZG for! I'm happy with the way the team is being run. All this crap about team overpaying is really not true at all. They are spending a lot of money on very good players that they can obviously afford.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glendale Bro
    Posts
    3,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I agree with this. The opt out is not bad. If he's pitching well enough to opt out of that contract it would mean 1 of 2 things. He is pitching well enough to command even more money or the economy has bounced back so much that teams are paying even stupider contracts. Both would obviously be great news!

    I think it's as good of a contract as you can get a guy like ZG for! I'm happy with the way the team is being run. All this crap about team overpaying is really not true at all. They are spending a lot of money on very good players that they can obviously afford.

    EXACTLY!

    I didn't want Grienke bc of reports of him getting paid $150-160M

    @ $144 Thats fine with me.

    Also all these people hating cause the Dodges are spending money for once.

    It's like if the Mets get new ownership in 2014 and they go out and improve the team 10 fold and spend money.
    Why the hate?


  7. #757
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,951
    vCash
    1500
    As a Yankees fan. I can tell you Your going too see everyone hating on you for spending money.

    Seems like you guys buying a good team but just remember its not easy too buy championships

    Outside of 2009 its never worked for the Yankees.

    Not here to bait

    Just good luck

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The doghouse (wife won't let me in)
    Posts
    1,325
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    As a Yankees fan. I can tell you Your going too see everyone hating on you for spending money.

    Seems like you guys buying a good team but just remember its not easy too buy championships

    Outside of 2009 its never worked for the Yankees.

    Not here to bait

    Just good luck
    What your saying is true, everyone will dislike the money being thrown around. I think the difference here is the Yankees have continued to live off of the "buy allstars to build a team" plan for years.

    The Dodgers are trying to build a winner now while they rebuild the farm system. They have made it clear the over the top spending is temporary.


    A Real American HERO !!!





    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brea,CA
    Posts
    32,219
    vCash
    1500
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Greinke physical tomorrow, introductory press conference Tuesday.
    .


  10. #760
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,744
    vCash
    1500
    I'll re-make the thread title as official when he passes his physical.

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    nor-cal
    Posts
    4,904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18:24646682
    pretty happy , now lets get ryu

    Kershaw
    ZG
    Ryu
    Becket
    Bills

    Bills goes from our 2 to our 5 in 1 off season


    I LOVE our ownership (:
    bills will be 4

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkh View Post
    i would expect him to opt-out and get more money (ie arod, cc, jd drew)
    your sig! hahahaha im dying
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sanger, CA
    Posts
    1,339
    vCash
    1500
    Here you go boys just threw this together on the iPhone 5

    http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...9FC390D85B.jpg
    Last edited by DodgerB24; 12-09-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Posting image.

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    vCash
    1500
    What number do you think he's going to wear? Has only wore 23 and 13 and both are taken.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,960
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by usctrojans21 View Post
    what number do you think he's going to wear? Has only wore 23 and 13 and both are taken.
    29

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •