Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Action Bronson

vCash

Action Bronson

Action Bronson is a queens ny cat and i think he has a phenominal flow and tight lyrics. Hes compared to ghostface in that their sound is very similar. His new mixtape "rare chandeliers" produced by alchemist just came out and its pretty good but i prefer his prior mixtapes "blue chips" and "The program E". He flows better on the boom bap gimey ny beats in my opinion. I really hope he blows up because he has unique talent and can bring back the 90's style hip hop i used to love. What do you think about him?

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE):24962952
    He is overweight.
    No ****...what does that have to do with his music.

vCash
    Joey Bada$$ and Action Bronson bringing back some of the greatest sounds of hip hop... Love it.

vCash
    i think that outsie of the beats which i love he is prety much the same on everything that he does. his voice sounds the same, never fluctuates no matter what it is he is talking about.

I swear the guy ccould be talking about rolling one, killing someone or eatin a ham sandwich and his has the same tone/level of excitement.

I will agree his beats are a very 90's hip hop sound though.
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..don’t know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.”

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    i love the old school NY sound, but can someone explain to me why nearly every guy has to have the poetic beat sound? It's something that i enjoy, but for christs sake be different. I think thats why i like Fabolous and Nas so much, they can do that plus so much more.

Joey Bada$$ is just not for me.......
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..don’t know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.”

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    i like bronson a lot. great flow and he's working with some good producers (harry fraud, tommy mas, alchemist, party supplies). Although this guy^^ does bring up a decent point. bronson needs to start diversifying his subject matter a little more. there isn't an infinite number of ways you can rap about blackened tuna and hookers. all he really needs to do is hit us with an occasional story. but he's still pretty funny and he has imaginative lyrics

vCash
    very rare

vCash
    One of my absolute favorites right now. Love everything about him.

vCash
    Yeah one knock on him is his pitch and personality in his voice. He should conceptualize his music more and story tell a little more. Thug love story 2012 is one of his best work and sticks to one subject and is dam good at it. Ill be looking forward to his sophmore album and to the guy that asked if everything has to have that 90's flow and sound like everyone else...well i can just think of bronson and joey badass having that flow in the rap game currently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QueensG_718 View Post
    Yeah one knock on him is his pitch and personality in his voice. He should conceptualize his music more and story tell a little more. Thug love story 2012 is one of his best work and sticks to one subject and is dam good at it. Ill be looking forward to his sophmore album and to the guy that asked if everything has to have that 90's flow and sound like everyone else...well i can just think of bronson and joey badass having that flow in the rap game currently.
    Common, Talib Kweli, I really like the sound of it, i just wish sometimes that these guys wouldnt have a majority of their stuff sound so dramatic. That poetic sound is a very dramatic sound and i like it, but sometimes its all you hear from these guys.

I equate it to Eminem as talented as he is always either putting out a dis record or something that is him being all angry. It just doesnt show as much diversity.

Bronson ssems like a funny guy and you can tell he uses that in his music and his videos, but he needs to definitely get better at the story telling aspect. His stuff just kind of goes on without an end or a direction .
    -toGether-

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS