Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I'd give Paxton for Holland in a second. Without hesitation.

If it comes to Hultzen, I might consider it as well. But I'd prefer to deal him for a bat.

Although getting Holland probably makes KC a lot easier to trade with.
    You wouldn't help them get Upton

vCash
    Awful in his first season? Come on man.

The guy has immense talent. He's 26 years old and has already had success at the major league level. He was injured last season and also had some sort of virus that caused him to lose some weight. I'm chalking his struggles up to those two factors since all of his career stats remain normal (in fact, he improved ever so slightly) he had a 4.14 xFIP last season. You see what this team and ballpark do for Vargas. I think we can both agree that Holland is better than Vargas.

He would benefit from playing in Seattle. He's a career 44% GB guy and his home runs have been an issue. Coming to Seattle definitely helps him in that aspect.

This is a case where you're relying solely on numbers and its a mistake.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Holy ****, is Holland THAT valuable? I don't see why he's even in talks for Hultzen, Montero, etc.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Holy ****, is Holland THAT valuable? I don't see why he's even in talks for Hultzen, Montero, etc.
    Holland is ok but no way do i trade Hultzen or Montero for him trading Montero for him would make no sense though considering our Offensive woes.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Yeah, he was pretty bad in his first year. That's a fact. But he does have potential. I don't doubt that. And he would get better coming from Texas to Seattle. But that still doesn't mean I wanna give up Montero or Hultzen for him.

He isn't valuable enough to us to trade out number 3 prospect and help a rival at the same time.

We shouldn't trade for pitching. Prospects should be saved for a bat if we trade then at all
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Losing Montero in this trade would be ****ing stupid on the M's part. I don't see that happening. Jack Z is fully aware of the team's hitting needs, there's no way he parts with our best hitting prospect for someone like Holland.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Yeah wtf? Why take Holland just to help the Rangers? If this goes through, it would be an awful move. Makes no sense.
    This isnt about Holland its about Hamilton, if the deal goes through and/or the rangers sign greinke, we'll most likely see hamilton shooting up in a mariners uniform

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mhj-poop View Post
    This isnt about Holland its about Hamilton, if the deal goes through and/or the rangers sign greinke, we'll most likely see hamilton shooting up in a mariners uniform
    Sorry i am not making fun of you but "Shooting Up" Lol i know what you mean but Hamilton has a past history with drugs so i found it funny.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Sorry i am not making fun of you but "Shooting Up" Lol i know what you mean but Hamilton has a past history with drugs so i found it funny.
    maybe i'm awesome and there was no accident

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Yeah, he was pretty bad in his first year. That's a fact. But he does have potential. I don't doubt that. And he would get better coming from Texas to Seattle. But that still doesn't mean I wanna give up Montero or Hultzen for him.

He isn't valuable enough to us to trade out number 3 prospect and help a rival at the same time.

We shouldn't trade for pitching. Prospects should be saved for a bat if we trade then at all
    If this is all true, we're helping ourselves out too. Not just Texas. That positions our team to trade Vargas (who would be made expendable) and have more cash and flexibility to trade or sign FAs.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Werent you just against trading Montero or Hultzen for him?

Vargas is not going to net us much. If we are going to get Holland, It makes more sense to trade him. Especially if his value (for some stupid reason) is as high as people seem to think.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    I'm not for it, or against it. I'm just not being blind and keeping an open mind. Now, read this next update from JAC:

The latest on the multi-team deal for Upton
    Turns out the M's are the fourth team in some of he 4-team scenarios with Texas, Arizona and Cleveland, but Ken Rosenthal's report Wednesday night suggests the Mariners aren't all that giddy about helping the Rangers get Upton and landing Derek Holland in the process.

I think they should absolutely help the Rangers get Upton if they feel they are Hamilton's clear No. 2 choice.

From what I am told, however, these group-deal proposals varied ten-fold and the M's wouldn't be dealing Walker or a premium prospect package just to land Holland. More players would be involved and it may set up another deal.

It's been suggested to me that the M's could take Holland, package him with Brandon Maurer, and pick Butler or Myers out of KC. If Butler is the move, then flip Jesus Montero to the Yankees for Curtis Granderson in his contract year.

Now THAT is interest. Not perfect, but interesting.
    Sex.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Sounds ****ing stupid to me.

vCash
    So Holland, Maurer, and Montero for Granderson, Butler/Myers and the opportunity to sign Hamilton is stupid?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    It's pretty inevitable that Texas will get Upton. They're going hard for him. So why wouldn't we try to get something out of the deal as well?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast