Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If Upton goes to TEX then of course not.

jej why is Upton all of a sudden a superstar to you? You had so much criticism of him coming here and you essentially said he could only hit at Chase.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Thanks Mopp you're a pal
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    you got it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    If Upton goes to TEX then of course not.

jej why is Upton all of a sudden a superstar to you? You had so much criticism of him coming here and you essentially said he could only hit at Chase.
    Upton would rake in Arlington

vCash
    Texas getting Upton means they more than likely let Hamilton walk, where Seattle steps in. Holland is a solid pitcher that would benefit from pitching in Safeco, as every pitcher does. That makes Vargas expendable, and therefore frees up more space. If this means we have a better shot of landing Hamilton, it's worth it.

There's downsides to it, but there are plenty of benefits as well.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    JAC said he heard we're not included but that is subject to change at any time.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Do the guys running the show think we are in the NL!? LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    JAC said he heard we're not included but that is subject to change at any time.
    Phew we don't need another pitcher that we can scratch 0 runs for.

vCash
    For the Mariners’ side, it’s hard to imagine they’d trade top prospect Taijuan Walker for Holland. However, Danny Hultzen could be in play. Jesus Montero might be another possibility.

Anyway, the whole mess seems unlikely to come together. However, it’s become pretty clear that the Rangers’ preference is to end the winter with Upton and Zack Greinke and that Josh Hamilton has become the fallback option.
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...trade/related/

He is speculating Montero or Hultzen this has got to be a joke if i was Z i would laugh then hang up the phone this trade makes absoloutley no sense.

vCash
    Not that I'm wanting this trade to happen, but Holland is a LHP that averaged 93 mph on his FB last year, and 94 the year before... not too shabby for a left-hander. Only four other LH starters in the majors threw harder on average last year, and only two of them had a higher velocity than Holland's '11 average. Might be a sign that we don't trust Paxton to remain a starter, but GMZ wants to maintain that kind of LH arm in the rotation. Hell, if we're giving up Paxton to get Holland I would do it. Still too much risk attached to Paxton in my eyes... but there's enough potential reward that another team might bite. But I wouldn't do it if we're giving up Walker or Hultzen, or a bat that we currently have a need for.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    Upton would rake in Arlington
    This. Not worried about his splits in Texas.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Screw it, just do what Beane does in Moneyball with the relievers. Get the Rangers interested and act like its done so Hamilton comes here, then back out.

vCash
    I'd give Paxton for Holland in a second. Without hesitation.

If it comes to Hultzen, I might consider it as well. But I'd prefer to deal him for a bat.

Although getting Holland probably makes KC a lot easier to trade with.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Get Holland in a deal for Paxton.

Flip Holland to KC for Myers/Butler
    I'm In.

vCash
    Holland is not that good Ian. What makes you think he is good enough to get one of them? He was bad last year, solid the year before, and awful the year before that.

He could be pretty good, but right now he isn't. If he doesn't get us Myers or Butler, i don't like the deal. Especially for Hultzen. That would be awful.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast