Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

M's rumored to be in on four team blockbuster deal

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m...?new_post=true

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The fourth team in the blockbuster – or, at least, in some permutations of the blockbuster – is Seattle.

And the Mariners, in the opinion of one of the officials involved in the talks, amount to the biggest roadblock, unsure of whether to push forward with the deal.

Texas general manager Jon Daniels is the driving force behind the trade, feverishly trying to land Arizona right fielder Justin Upton, according to multiple sources. Cleveland is the third principal team in the deal.

Daniels’ desire to land Upton could indicate that the Rangers would prefer not to re-sign free-agent outfielder Josh Hamilton, and may be confident of landing free-agent right-hander Zack Greinke.

But barring a major shift in the talks, the four-team blockbuster appears unlikely to happen, sources say.

The teams in the trade have discussed numerous combinations of players, and the identity of the fourth team has shifted at various points. Tampa Bay was involved at one stage, sources say, and so was Kansas City, according to ESPN.com.

Shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera is a linchpin of the deal, going from Cleveland to Arizona. The player that Seattle wants most is left-hander Derek Holland, sources said.

The package of young players going to Cleveland would vary, but Arizona right-hander Trevor Bauer, left-hander Patrick Corbin and Texas infielder Mike Olt were among the names in play, according to one source.

Seattle also would give up prospects, and club officials are divided over whether the team is in a strong enough position competitively to make such a deal, the source said.

-Ken Rosenthal
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    We were the anonymous team for quite awhile.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    We don't need Derek ****ing holland we need Justin Upton or the Cleveland guys. Don't help Texas out. Run!!

vCash
    **** that! Do the trade! Get Holland and sign Hamilton.

vCash
    Yeah wtf? Why take Holland just to help the Rangers? If this goes through, it would be an awful move. Makes no sense.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Holland was bad last year, solid the year before, and awful the year before that. I don't get this at all. All we are doing is helping our rival get Upton.

If we give up any of the big 3 or Franklin for Holland...

vCash
    We're stacked in pitching. Why would we trade out prospects for another pitcher. Might as well go sign a free agent pitcher and save the prospects to land a bat. I don't get it at all. On top of that, you'd be helping a division rival land a superstar who will be there kicking out ***** for the next 10-15 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Holland was bad last year, solid the year before, and awful the year before that. I don't get this at all. All we are doing is helping our rival get Upton.

If we give up any of the big 3 or Franklin for Holland...
    Exactly. He's a dime a dozen pitcher.

vCash
    I mean his road numbers look a little better, but still doesn't make sense. Unless we plan on flipping him for Myers or Butler. But even then man, we are helping our rival get a star.

vCash
    Holland is solid. He's young.

He'd make Vargas expendable, so more trade bait.

Also put two fours in the title
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    First of all, I'm sure there's a lot more than Holland to the deal. The details are somewhat murky. Also, if we got Holland and traded Vargas, we just freed up some more room to go after another bat, or to get Hamilton. It makes sense for sure.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    But enough to justify helping a rival get Upton?

vCash
    How does it make sense? Holland is not that solid. He had a good year. Granted hes young and would fit our park but the fact that were helping them land a superstar is just insanely stupid. Might as well trade them Felix too. Plus Vargas trade value is ****, u aren't gonna trade him for much.

vCash
    Help taxas get Upton? pass

vCash
    fixed the title for you

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast