Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    vCash
    In this day and age with the track record he has he should not be given a year three.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    In this day and age with the track record he has he should not be given a year three.
    He has a two year track record. And it's not like he's drafting terrible players. Like Ginn or Allen in the first round.

vCash
    The 11' draft was not very good at all so your not helping you case. Not going to judge this years until the season is over, but its not looking all that great either.

He also has brought in one. ONE. FA that has been worth a damn and has made two trades that are worth a damn.

Your calling him an average GM yet you want to keep him, why? There are better choices out there.

vCash
    The 11' draft was not very good at all so your not helping you case. Not going to judge this years until the season is over, but its not looking all that great either.
    The 2011 draft was average: Mike Pouncey is already one of the best Center in the NFL(according to PFF). DT is nothing special. Gates was a terrible pick. Clay contributes here and there. Wilson is one of the best ST players in the NFL(according to PFF).

2012 draft:
    Not going to judge this years until the season is over
    It's their first year in the NFL. How can you judge players in just one year? Even judging young players in two years is a bit of a stretch. Judging them just after one year is just insane.

vCash
    When a 1st round center and a ST player are your best picks, its not a very good draft.

vCash
    When a 1st round center and a ST player are your best picks, its not a very good draft.
    It was indeed a terrible draft. Drafting one of the best young centers in the NFL and finding some role players in the late rounds. I miss the days of Ted Ginn and Jason Allen

vCash
    Neither seasons where a fluke.

And as I said look back at that 09 season, we where in many games with Henne as or QB.

With Pennington at QB we win at least 1/3 of those close games and that gives us another 10 win season.

From 10' (Ireland took over) on the team has gotten worse and so has the record.
    2007-2008 were both fluke years. We have been a 6-10 to 9-7 team for almost a decade. One season with 11 wins and one with 15 losses are flukes.

I don't care how close of a game it is. A loss is a loss is a loss. Close games don't get you in the playoffs. Close games don't make your record any better.

The fact is, if we had better talent on the team we would have won those games. Just like now, we have to play near perfect football to win games. If we had more talent we might be able to win some of these games that aren't perfect.

Everyone brags on how good Tannehill is, the fact is he is the 5th best rookie QB this year. I don't care if you blame it on BP or Ireland but our talent is worse now than it was in the beginning of the decade with few exceptions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    It was indeed a terrible draft. Drafting one of the best young centers in the NFL and finding some role players in the late rounds. I miss the days of Ted Ginn and Jason Allen
    Who said I want to go backwards to the Mueller days, I want to go forward.

Christ, I'm done talking. Its obvious you like losing and will love the next five years once Ireland ****s up this offseason and sets this team back ever further.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    Instead we have Daniel Thomas and Michael Egnew.

vCash
    1 8 Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M......Potential- statistically one of the worst starting QB's in 2012
    2 42 Jonathan Martin T Stanford....Potential...Starting player
    3 72 Olivier Vernon DE Miami (Fla.)....Potential...
    3 78 Michael Egnew TE Missouri.....Looks like a bust, still on the team most likely because a high pick.
    4 97 Lamar Miller RB Miami (Fla.)....potential
    5 155 Josh Kaddu LB Oregon....Bust
    6 183 B.J. Cunningham WR Michigan State...Bust
    7 215 Kheeston Randall DT Texas....Bust
    7 227 Rishard Matthews WR Nevada-Reno...Jury is out. good value pick
    2011 - Miami Dolphins
    RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
    1 15 Mike Pouncey C Florida....All Pro quality player
    2 62 Daniel Thomas RB Kansas State....sucks, statistically one of the worst RB's in 2012.
    4 111 Edmond Gates WR Abilene Christian...bust
    6 174 Charles Clay RB Tulsa....jury is out
    7 231 Frank Kearse DT Alabama A&M....bust
    7 235 Jimmy Wilson DB Montana...potential good value for a 7th round.

Any player not on the team is a bust. Even if he becomes a ALL PRO for another team won't matter for us.
    Last edited by Plague; 12-11-2012 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Who said I want to go backwards to the Mueller days, I want to go forward.

Christ, I'm done talking. Its obvious you like losing and will love the next five years once Ireland ****s up this offseason and sets this team back ever further.
    *Typing*
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Instead we have Daniel Thomas and Michael Egnew.
    And Wrench said we're not moving forward. We want from drafting bad players in the first round to drafting bad players in the 2nd round.

GM of the century!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    1 8 Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M......Potential- statistically one of the worst starting QB's in 2012
    2 42 Jonathan Martin T Stanford....Potential...Starting player
    3 72 Olivier Vernon DE Miami (Fla.)....Potential...
    3 78 Michael Egnew TE Missouri.....Looks like a bust, still on the team most likely because a high pick.
    4 97 Lamar Miller RB Miami (Fla.)....potential
    5 155 Josh Kaddu LB Oregon....Bust
    6 183 B.J. Cunningham WR Michigan State...Bust
    7 215 Kheeston Randall DT Texas....Bust
    7 227 Rishard Matthews WR Nevada-Reno...Jury is out. good value pick
    2011 - Miami Dolphins
    RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
    1 15 Mike Pouncey C Florida....All Pro quality player
    2 62 Daniel Thomas RB Kansas State....sucks, statistically one of the worst RB's in 2012.
    4 111 Edmond Gates WR Abilene Christian...bust
    6 174 Charles Clay RB Tulsa....jury is out
    7 231 Frank Kearse DT Alabama A&M....bust
    7 235 Jimmy Wilson DB Montana...potential good value for a 7th round.

Any player not on the team is a bust. Even if he becomes a ALL PRO for another team won't matter for us.
    It's too early for that.

vCash
    I'm not sure how Kheeston Randall is a bust; a 7th round pick that has stuck with the team and doesn't get many chances behind 2 very good DT's. Oh yeah, and he's just a rookie.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    We lost the game vs the Saints because of Henne, he threw two pick 6's

We lost the game vs the Tiatans because of Henne and his 3 INTs one being in OT.

Really Ireland has brought in more talent? Lets list them.

Ireland's list, 4 of witch are rookies and all could be nothing in a years time. (List are in order of when they signed or where drafted.)

Kevin Burnett
    Reggie Bush
    Mike Pouncey
    Daniel Thomas
    Charles Clay
    Jimmy Wilson
    Ryan Tannehill
    Jonathan Martin
    Olivier Vernon
    Lamar Miller

BPs list.
    Randy Starks
    Jason Ferguson
    Anthony Fasano
    Jake Long
    Kendall Langford
    Davone Bess
    Dan Carpenter
    Cameron Wake
    Tony McDaniel
    Vontae Davis
    Sean Smith
    Brian Hartline
    Chris Clemons
    Jared Odrick
    Koa Misi
    John Jerry
    Reshad Jones
    Karlos Dansby
    Richie Incognito
    Kevin Burnett- solid all around linebacker
    Reggie Bush- the best weapon we have on offense
    Mike Pouncey- one of the best Centers in the game
    Daniel Thomas-solid all around running back
    Charles Clay- underperformed. might get it together but doubtful
    Jimmy Wilson- 7th round pick has played alot of snaps
    Ryan Tannehill- franchise QB
    Jonathan Martin- gives us the ability to let Long walk and get more skill players
    Olivier Vernon- has shown alot of potential his rookie season
    Lamar Miller- playmaker

he also went after Manning and didnt go after Flynn or Orton but instead went with Moore. also got us Brandon Marshall i dont see him

BPs list.
    Randy Starks-solid DT. Ireland get
    Jason Ferguson- not on the team
    Anthony Fasano- solid TE but not a receiving threat
    Jake Long- has been terrible as of late. Ireland get
    Kendall Langford- overrated by the fan base
    Davone Bess- elite slot. i was hoping we would draft him that yr. this is an Ireland get
    Dan Carpenter- good kicker
    Cameron Wake- sorry i consider this an Ireland get
    Tony McDaniel- not very good
    Vontae Davis- maturity issues. lock down if he puts it together
    Sean Smith- solid CB. one of his better gets in my eyes. Ireland get
    Brian Hartline- a #2 WR. Ireland get
    Chris Clemons- not very good
    Jared Odrick- has underperformed
    Koa Misi- hasnt been very good
    John Jerry- hasnt been very good
    Reshad Jones- has been solid so far and looks like he has one S spot assured for a few years. one of his better gets in my eyes but is an Ireland get
    Karlos Dansby- good linebacker. Ireland get
    Richie Incognito-has underperformed this yr. Ireland get

we disagree on who got who
    http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...c-mike-pouncey

with that said you say Ireland was responsible for only 2 drafts. well the 2010 draft was the worst draft i have witnessed for us since watching the draft in 2007. you can argue that 2007 was worse though. 2009 netted us Sean Smith and Vontae Davis, 2008 got Langford,Henne and Long. 2011 got us Pouncey and Thomas and finally the 2012 draft. the 2012 draft is the best draft i have seen us ever have. its not even close

oh and we lost the Saints game because of referees not bc of Henne

vCash
    Whether anyone likes it or not, Ireland will be given this off season and it will be his last if the offense doesn't produce next year. I'm not particularly sure if anyone has argued this, but we won't be switching GM's while Ireland has been scouting and game planning for this off season the entire season after being allowed to keep his job a year ago... Unless Ross's buddy/ business partner Carl Peterson wants the job. But since Ross chose to allow Ireland to keep hos job he should be allowed a fair shot to build the team that Philbin envisions. This off season will be plenty of a fair shot.

Judge his 2011 and 2012 drafts. Pouncey has proven to be an exceptional player , but was a first round pick. Thomas and Clay better step up or that class will be considered a bust. Tannehill needs to prove he can be the future throughout the course of next season, Martin improve and be a reliable starter, Vernon make impact plays on defense, and Miller to become featured and produce for the 2012 draft to be considered a success.

How the 2012 draft class performs and how the direction of the franchise (particularly the offense) looks after 2013, given the numerous amount of resources given to Ireland's disposal this upcoming off season (draft picks and cap space), will determine Ireland's fate as Miami's GM.

vCash
    I like how Wrench separated the Ireland moves and Parcell moves. But it should also be noted that Soliai and Wake were extended under Ireland and that Henne and Langford were allowed to walk away. Ronnie and Ricky were also allowed to walk in which Ireland chose to compensate for by acquiring Bush and drafting Thomas. Matt Moore was brought in as well.

Judge as you please

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast