Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    doesnt matter if he wanted to stay Ireland still retained him. Ireland also has us set up for a huge 2013 offseason
    We're set up for this off season, but he better take advantage of it or he's gone. Ross chose to retain Ireland so he deserves a fair shot to build the team that Philbin envisions. With all the resources available this off season will be plenty of a fair shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trex44 View Post
    I remember Soliai taking the home team discount for family reasons after all the hype of him being a high-sought after FA.

Wake was also extended a year early. He could have played out this year making less than $1 mil or accept the offer and extension that Ireland gave him.

We kept two of our best players for "fair" deals that could have otherwise been inflated with other teams getting involved and bidding for their services. Imagine if Wake was hitting FA this year like he would have been if not offered the extension a year ago.

I like to give credit when it is due and criticize when it is justified. Ireland's 2011 draft does not look good at all outside of Pouncey. There's still a sliver of hope that Thomas and Clay will actually do something. Ireland has bought himself another year so we will see how they perform.
    Yeah that 2011 draft class wasn't that great. In about three years, Pouncey will probably be the only one left. But as of now its an average draft class since Clay, Thomas and Wilson are all contributers. That draft class reminds me of the 2008 draft class minus Langford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    Who are they?
    That would be derek and you. No way in hell you back him this much and think he is "average".

vCash
    They wanted to stay close to their family. It has nothing to do with the team.
    So you're telling me that these guys would rather take less money and play in a dysfunctional organization, so they can stay close to their family when they can just as easily pick their team, move their family, and have long-term security. Makes no sense at all. Denver had interest in Soliai; he probably would have gotten more money, been in a successful organization, been closer to family and friends if he moved out there since he's from California. And the same goes for Wake; he probably could've chosen any team he wanted to go to. With the money these guys are making, they have absolutely no ties to Miami other than this team. Their decision to take less money to stay has a lot to do with this team than not.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    That would be derek and you. No way in hell you back him this much and think he is "average".
    I defend him because I think that he should get at least three years to prove himself. I refuse to go with the flow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    So you're telling me that these guys would rather take less money and play in a dysfunctional organization, so they can stay close to their family when they can just as easily pick their team, move their family, and have long-term security. Makes no sense at all. Denver had interest in Soliai; he probably would have gotten more money, been in a successful organization, been closer to family and friends if he moved out there since he's from California. And the same goes for Wake; he probably could've chosen any team he wanted to go to. With the money these guys are making, they have absolutely no ties to Miami other than this team. Their decision to take less money to stay has a lot to do with this team than not.
    There's no state taxes in Florida. That must be another reason. Let's also remember that these guys formed a lot of friendship bonds in the locker room. You can't put a price on friendship because its priceless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trex44 View Post
    We're set up for this off season, but he better take advantage of it or he's gone. Ross chose to retain Ireland so he deserves a fair shot to build the team that Philbin envisions. With all the resources available this off season will be plenty of a fair shot.
    yea and i fully agree with this. i dont think you can judge Ireland until you see what he does this offseason. after this offseason if he hasnt brought talent here then i will jump ship and say he deserves to go but he deserves to stay until then
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Yeah that 2011 draft class wasn't that great. In about three years, Pouncey will probably be the only one left. But as of now its an average draft class since Clay, Thomas and Wilson are all contributers. That draft class reminds me of the 2008 draft class minus Langford.
    i actually think in 3 yrs that Thomas and Pouncey both will still be here and without Pouncey our line would be beyond horrendous and Tannehill would be dead
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    I should not of called Randle and Kaadu busts. I should of labeled them jury is still out.

vCash
    ArmandoSalguero
    Punter Brandon Fields is the only Dolphins player leading at his position among Pro Bowl fan ballots.
    Ireland for GM of the year! Lolz
    Last edited by Wrench; 12-12-2012 at 02:22 PM.

vCash
    Don't tell me that you're one of those people who takes the fan votings seriously. Michael Oher leads all AFC tackles in votes and guess who's behind him....Jake Long. Cameron Wake isn't even in the top three at his position and we all know how great he's playing.

Here's what I care about:
    Pro Football Focus ranks Mike Pouncey, Reshad Jones, Cameron Wake and Kevin Burnett as one of the best players at their positions.
    Last edited by godolphins; 12-12-2012 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    Wrench, you remind me of Scrappy Doo. Remember when that guy said that Mike Pouncey might be injury prone just because his twin brother was having some injuries issues during his second year That's what your comment) about Pouncey reminded me of (that it wasn't a hard pick just because his twin brother made the pro bowl the year before).

You do know that they're different, right?
    Last edited by godolphins; 12-12-2012 at 02:57 PM.

vCash
    Ha if anyone does its you. I guess you really have no idea how dumb you seem defending Ireland time and time again.

99% of the football world knows Ireland should not be a GM, but you keep defending him. It isn't just his football moves witch are piss poor its how he handles himself in other aspects as well. (Dez incident, Fan incident, etc etc)

vCash
    Marshall is going back to the Pro Bowl. remember him the Pro Bowler Ireland got for us that Philbin didnt want. you know the top WR in the NFL this year so far
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Marshall is going back to the Pro Bowl. remember him the Pro Bowler Ireland got for us that Philbin didnt want. you know the top WR in the NFL this year so far
    I love watching Marshall on the Bears, especially living in Chicago. The many Bears fans I know can't stand me since I'm part Packers fan, and they know I'm also a Dolphins guy. So they were joking with me about how awesome Marshall is and he's gonna tear the Packers up and all (this was before the Bears-Packers game). I was watching the game with a big group, the Bears were driving down the field and I told all of them that Marshall is about to drop a big touchdown pass. Sure enough, Cutler throws a great pass to Marshall, who is wide open in the endzone, no one in 10 yards of him, and he drops it. The look on their faces was hilarious.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast