Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I wonder if he got a ring from the Giants this year.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Nate Schierholtz signed a one-year, $2.25 million deal with the Cubs, with incentives that could tack on another $500,000. This is an early contender for bargain of the offseason, given Schierholtz's underrated skills: a glove that's average or slightly better in a corner outfield spot, with a potentially playable left-handed bat. The Rays reportedly came in a close second on the Schierholtz bidding, which makes you wonder if they made a low-ball offer because they're close to landing a bigger bat (such as Myers), especially given GM Andrew Friedman's slightly-less-cryptic than usual comments.
    Grantland

vCash
    AZ Phil:

Although Nate Schierholtz signed just a one-year contract, the Cubs actually have him under "club control" for two full seasons (unless he gets traded).

He only has 4+078 MLB Service Time through the 2012 season, and he was a free-agent this off-season only because he was non-tendered by the Phillies.

So if he isn't traded in the meantime, the Cubs will be able to tender him a contract this time next year (or non-tender him if they prefer), and he will be eligible for salary arbitration should he be tendered and he and the Cubs can't reach agreement on a 2014 contract.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    I don't how he's gonna be, or why we did this, but up to this point, he's been a garbage can player.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123