Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

I think we still need to keep an eye out for a kicker

Forbath has been fine on FGAs, which is the main priority for a kicker, but we all know that one of the very important aspects of the game which often goes underappreciated is field position, and there's a huge trade-off with Forbath when it comes to kick-offs. Looking at his kick-offs, you would think he was still kicking it from the 30-yd line like they used to, instead of from the 35. He can almost never even get it into the end zone and routinely kicks it to about the 5-yd, which always give a returner a chance, especially if the kick has a low hang-time. And what should only happen one in a blue moon - kicking to only the 10 - seems to happen all too often.

His kickoffs have been horrendous the last 2 games, but luckily our opponents weren't able to exploit it. However, it's only a matter of time before we start giving up great field position to teams if he can't get it sorted out. Some kickers are just more skilled with FGs and don't have the leg for long kick-offs, which is curious when they don't have issues with long FGAs, but I've always wondered why punters don't try to learn to do kickoffs, especially the ones that have very strong legs. Clearly, kicking FGs is an entirely different animal than punting, but how hard can kicking off be for a punter to learn? It would be sweet if Rocca could learn to boom kickoffs for touchbacks and we only had to rely on Forbath for FGAs.

vCash
    Redskins kick to pin the opposing team deep. IE they don't want to kick it out of the endzone, but rather have them come out and pin them inside the 20. He could be doing a better job, I agree, but he's technically doing what they want.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Which is why Danny Smith should have been axed a while ago.

vCash
    Right, but just explaining it's not so much him failing to IMO, just rather following directions.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    That's inconsistent with everything I read about the reasons they wanted Cundiff originally, which according to many reports was for his high number of touchbacks. In any case, if Forbath keeps kicking crucial long FGs lipke the 48-yader against Dallas, I'll have to reconsider my position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan4Life71 View Post
    That's inconsistent with everything I read about the reasons they wanted Cundiff originally, which according to many reports was for his high number of touchbacks. In any case, if Forbath keeps kicking crucial long FGs lipke the 48-yader against Dallas, I'll have to reconsider my position.
    That's exactly what I was thinking but I chose to stay out of this conversation.

vCash
    19 kickers since 1994. I would love to say we have the luxury of drafting a kicker in a mid round pick. but we simply don't.

But we are the worst team with regards to keeping a kicker on our team. Lions have had 2 Kickers since then!!! 2...

Someone convince Mark Moseley to come out of retirement. Five Guys burgers are good but he is a better kicker then Burger guy Hahaha
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Cobra Kai seems to be pretty clutch. i care more about making a 50 yarder to seal the deal against the Cowturds on Thanksgiving than if they start on the 20 or 30. we all know our previous kickers would've missed that.

vCash
    Kai is being being paid to kick and make field goals. He's doing that at an elite level right now. Our kickoff coverage isn't an issue at this point...smh

vCash
    Kai is fine 10/10 id take that

vCash
    Kai forbath is in no way a problem for this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan900 View Post
    Kai is fine 10/10 id take that
    This right here.

I don't know that dudes career stats or the story why he was availabale but yesterday when dude came out for that last field goal there was no doubt in my mind from what I'd seen so far he was going to make it. I haven't felt that way in a long long long time.

If this is what were going to pick over then theres nothing to see. How many games would we have won in the last five years with a dude who could make a kick when it mattered? How many would we have lost cos the kickoff gave the other team decent field position?

This is my opinion only, but dude just enjoy it.

vCash
    If he's puts hang time on those kicks between the goal line and the 5, more times than not opponents will start at the 20 or worse

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    I still think it isnt a need like all the other years

vCash
    Yea because Kai has made every attempt since we signed him so that makes since, lol. Don't get me wrong I didn't want to get rid of Gano, especially for Cundiff but Kai has been spot on since we picked him up. Let's at least keep someone around for a while before we push him out the door. Especially if he's making them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast