Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 173
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,243
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Someone who sits in front of their TV every sunday with their Honolulu Blue flag in hand, ignoring the REALITY they're forced to watch for 3 hours continuing to praise Schwartz and Mayhew - that's the little *****.

    EVERYONE wants to give them a free pass because of the 0-16 season. It's been 4 years!!! That's 28 players drafted. That's 4 different free agent classes. 4 years to make trades and improve your roster.

    Green Bay won 6 games that year. San Francisco won 7. Seattle won 4. Now sure, none of those are ZERO wins. But to say they each came up in the same time frame to where they're at now, and to be OK with this ridiculous state of affairs this team is in now because of the 0-16 season is ridiculous!! Granted, I'd rather have our roster then Seattle - but I'm guessing Pete Carrol would probably have this team well into the playoff hunt right now.
    Like I said, you hate it so much then become a Packers or Patriots fan or something.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,608
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BucketheadZ06 View Post
    Don't like the direction they're going then jump ship. Become a Packers, or Niners, or Texans or Patriots fan. Who was the coach of the Bengals when all those players were getting arrested... that one guy got killed jumping off the back of a truck, I forget. Was it the same guy coaching them now? I guess that could NEVER happen here with time. Hell, I'd rather have the **** we've got going here than the **** that was going on with the Bengals. Everyone wants what happened to the niners happen to the Lions. It didn't, nothing us as FANS can do about it. Am I pissed off that they've lost so many games, games they SHOULD HAVE won? Of course I am, but I'm not going to complain on a daily basis (THAT would be something little *****ES do) and ask for the entire coaching staffs head. There's a reason why WE are fans and not making decisions. If their job was so damn easy then why don't all of you gripping about it go and apply for it? Oh... wait... because you aren't qualified to do so.

    Too many "WELL IF WE HAD THIS COACH THEN BLAH BLAH BLAH, OR IF WE HAD THIS OC OR THIS DC THEN WE'D BE UNDEFEATED". This team isn't a ****** team, no longer the joke of the NFL. Teams FEAR the Lions now. Any given Sunday this team CAN and SHOULD win. Problem is, THEY DON'T. Very well, off to next season, and like loads of you say "IT'S EASY TO HIT ON PLAYERS WHEN YOU'RE PICKING HIGH IN THE DRAFT". The Lions will be picking high in the draft, get a stud (hopefully Manti) and the young, dangerous team we have now will become even more dangerous. If the Lions were getting blown out every game like the Bucs were last year then I'd be on you alls bandwagon of firing everyone. But it's been close every single game.
    i dont disagree with you point

    but sometimes close games are wrose... its harder to say what our problem is..

    b/c we are not horrible at any position really..
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy


    0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    Hell, by all of your logic not a single one of us should have made it as Lions fans through the Millen years. Either that, or you were supporting Millen and happy and silent as he systematically put together the laughing stock of professional football year after year.

    Being disgusted with the consistent ridiculous CRAP this team has put together for the entire calendar year of 2012 means I shouldn't be a Lions fan?? I have to it silent and smile as horrendous **** continues to be laid out in front of me with my team???

    "Shut up or go root for the Packers!" - said every annoyingly dumb sports fan ever.

    Can't face facts and have an objective view of your own team, so you have to stomp your feet and try and shoo away the big bad guy who points out the faults and crap you're happy to shovel in your hole week after week.

    This is PRO sports. It's a business. You don't deliver, you down perform up to par with the expectations laid before you - you get fired. If any one of us performed how this front office has in OUR jobs - we'd get fired. Why should it be any different?? If the guy who had my job before me went and played on his phone in the bathroom for 6 hours a day, and I came in but only did it for 4 hours a day - that justifies me keeping my job?? Pathetic what a lot of you turn into when the product being put out is absolute CRAP. Smiling, apathetic yes-men.


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,986
    vCash
    1875
    I don't have quite the level of vitriol as some but i agree that the people running a team should be held responsible when things don't work out the way that they should.

    There is no reason this team should have taken this big of a step backwards. Everyone should be open for criticism: Stafford, Johnson, Suh, Gun, Schwartz and the front office.
    Each of them have some of the blame. Sure there have been some tough breaks this season that affected the record but those are excuses for not winning and people shouldn't accept excuses for why a bad job was done. Everyone i mentioned made mistakes and none should be above question.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    603
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Hell, by all of your logic not a single one of us should have made it as Lions fans through the Millen years. Either that, or you were supporting Millen and happy and silent as he systematically put together the laughing stock of professional football year after year.

    Being disgusted with the consistent ridiculous CRAP this team has put together for the entire calendar year of 2012 means I shouldn't be a Lions fan?? I have to it silent and smile as horrendous **** continues to be laid out in front of me with my team???

    "Shut up or go root for the Packers!" - said every annoyingly dumb sports fan ever.

    Can't face facts and have an objective view of your own team, so you have to stomp your feet and try and shoo away the big bad guy who points out the faults and crap you're happy to shovel in your hole week after week.

    This is PRO sports. It's a business. You don't deliver, you down perform up to par with the expectations laid before you - you get fired. If any one of us performed how this front office has in OUR jobs - we'd get fired. Why should it be any different?? If the guy who had my job before me went and played on his phone in the bathroom for 6 hours a day, and I came in but only did it for 4 hours a day - that justifies me keeping my job?? Pathetic what a lot of you turn into when the product being put out is absolute CRAP. Smiling, apathetic yes-men.
    Never said I was happy withthe way this team has performed this year. But as much as you whine, you'd think the only thing left to do is change teams. And you're right, we would get fired if we were doing a ****** job constantly. But this team turned it around last year and had a down year this year. Vikings turned it around this year, who's to say the Lions won't do it next year? I'm not ready to call for anyones head just yet. But you're pretty funny, reading all these post of yours and I just imagine this spoiled little kid who's pissed off at his parents because he got a 32 gb Ipad instead of a 64 gb.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    Spoiled little kid? I'm a 30 year old man who buys his OWN 64GB iPad. And I'm a 30 year old man who spent over $1500 of his hard earned money on season tickets to go out and pay $30 for parking each Sunday, spend $9 a pop on beers at the game, spent $100 on a new Nike jersey - only to watch a team with no accountability for their regression, a coach who week after week stands in front of a podium and down plays any sense of criticism and responsibility for his own career, and see a front office systematically make the same mistakes over and over again.

    EVERY single radio show I listen to, every single article I read echoes the identical opinions and frustration towards this franchise...and yet so many of you want to point at an 0-16 season as a reason to give an entire front office essentially a free pass. No, I don't think Schwartz should get the boot right this second...but his *** belongs on the hot seat. No Mayhew shouldn't be fired right now...but if he drafts with this same crap BPA approach, and doesn't make changes to steer the ship in a different direction - then he needs to go!!

    You consider speaking negatively about a franchise performing negatively as whining?? Exactly what is a sports forum for??? Trading baseball cards and discussing Stafford's latest ESPN commercial??


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    70,150
    vCash
    2266
    Oooo the I'm a season ticket holder argument.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    133
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Hell, by all of your logic not a single one of us should have made it as Lions fans through the Millen years. Either that, or you were supporting Millen and happy and silent as he systematically put together the laughing stock of professional football year after year.

    Being disgusted with the consistent ridiculous CRAP this team has put together for the entire calendar year of 2012 means I shouldn't be a Lions fan?? I have to it silent and smile as horrendous **** continues to be laid out in front of me with my team???

    "Shut up or go root for the Packers!" - said every annoyingly dumb sports fan ever.

    Can't face facts and have an objective view of your own team, so you have to stomp your feet and try and shoo away the big bad guy who points out the faults and crap you're happy to shovel in your hole week after week.

    This is PRO sports. It's a business. You don't deliver, you down perform up to par with the expectations laid before you - you get fired. If any one of us performed how this front office has in OUR jobs - we'd get fired. Why should it be any different?? If the guy who had my job before me went and played on his phone in the bathroom for 6 hours a day, and I came in but only did it for 4 hours a day - that justifies me keeping my job?? Pathetic what a lot of you turn into when the product being put out is absolute CRAP. Smiling, apathetic yes-men.
    lmfao, if your UNION it does!!

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    1,230
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Spoiled little kid? I'm a 30 year old man who buys his OWN 64GB iPad. And I'm a 30 year old man who spent over $1500 of his hard earned money on season tickets to go out and pay $30 for parking each Sunday, spend $9 a pop on beers at the game, spent $100 on a new Nike jersey - only to watch a team with no accountability for their regression, a coach who week after week stands in front of a podium and down plays any sense of criticism and responsibility for his own career, and see a front office systematically make the same mistakes over and over again.

    EVERY single radio show I listen to, every single article I read echoes the identical opinions and frustration towards this franchise...and yet so many of you want to point at an 0-16 season as a reason to give an entire front office essentially a free pass. No, I don't think Schwartz should get the boot right this second...but his *** belongs on the hot seat. No Mayhew shouldn't be fired right now...but if he drafts with this same crap BPA approach, and doesn't make changes to steer the ship in a different direction - then he needs to go!!

    You consider speaking negatively about a franchise performing negatively as whining?? Exactly what is a sports forum for??? Trading baseball cards and discussing Stafford's latest ESPN commercial??
    I'm fed up with his podium talks as well. I just wish for once he would show some fire when we loose instead of excuse after excuse.

    AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Tackles: 6
    Sacks:
    Personal Fouls:

    Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions 1-1
    Detroit Tigers 83-66
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 2-0 ACC:

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    603
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Spoiled little kid? I'm a 30 year old man who buys his OWN 64GB iPad. And I'm a 30 year old man who spent over $1500 of his hard earned money on season tickets to go out and pay $30 for parking each Sunday, spend $9 a pop on beers at the game, spent $100 on a new Nike jersey - only to watch a team with no accountability for their regression, a coach who week after week stands in front of a podium and down plays any sense of criticism and responsibility for his own career, and see a front office systematically make the same mistakes over and over again.

    EVERY single radio show I listen to, every single article I read echoes the identical opinions and frustration towards this franchise...and yet so many of you want to point at an 0-16 season as a reason to give an entire front office essentially a free pass. No, I don't think Schwartz should get the boot right this second...but his *** belongs on the hot seat. No Mayhew shouldn't be fired right now...but if he drafts with this same crap BPA approach, and doesn't make changes to steer the ship in a different direction - then he needs to go!!

    You consider speaking negatively about a franchise performing negatively as whining?? Exactly what is a sports forum for??? Trading baseball cards and discussing Stafford's latest ESPN commercial??
    I said you remind me of a spoiled kid from reading all your comments. But yea, lets get rid of all the coaches whenever they Lions fail to make the playoffs. It's been working WONDERS for the Raiders, the Chiefs, the Browns... who else am I missing? So I guess the rest of us are idiots for NOT spending all that money on season tickets, jerseys, stickers, parking, etc... and not asking for everyone to be fired? Again, not ONCE have I said that I was happy with this losing record, but to get rid of an entire coaching staff because of one bad season (and not one blowout loss the entire season) and wanting to start ALL over again, then 4 years after another 4 disappointing seasons back to were we're at right now. I'm just a firm believer of 2nd chances and I'd like to see what J.S can do with one more year under his belt. And I consider CONSTANT negatively speaking about ANYTHING, ANYWHERE whining. You like real life scenerios, go off and be in the same mood you're always on here and that's EXACTLY what people will be saying about you. "GOD DAMN THAT GUY IS A WHINY LITTLE PRISSY"

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Flint Town
    Posts
    5,626
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BucketheadZ06 View Post
    I said you remind me of a spoiled kid from reading all your comments. But yea, lets get rid of all the coaches whenever they Lions fail to make the playoffs. It's been working WONDERS for the Raiders, the Chiefs, the Browns... who else am I missing? So I guess the rest of us are idiots for NOT spending all that money on season tickets, jerseys, stickers, parking, etc... and not asking for everyone to be fired? Again, not ONCE have I said that I was happy with this losing record, but to get rid of an entire coaching staff because of one bad season (and not one blowout loss the entire season) and wanting to start ALL over again, then 4 years after another 4 disappointing seasons back to were we're at right now. I'm just a firm believer of 2nd chances and I'd like to see what J.S can do with one more year under his belt. And I consider CONSTANT negatively speaking about ANYTHING, ANYWHERE whining. You like real life scenerios, go off and be in the same mood you're always on here and that's EXACTLY what people will be saying about you. "GOD DAMN THAT GUY IS A WHINY LITTLE PRISSY"
    this kinda ruins ur point. those dudes all deserved to be showed the door, they couldnt fix the team meaning they couldnt find the talent and couldnt put it together if they had any. exactly why some of our guys need to be let go. Like Linehan. You backing them up after not doing their job saying oh they didnt have enough time... thats the same ****** excuse ppl used for Obamas 2nd term. its all ********
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    Open your eyes...there's far more people with a grips on reality with this franchise leaning in my direction, pal. Catch me discussing ANYTHING other than the current Detroit Lions and you'll catch plenty of positivity. Just what exactly is there to stay positive about with the Lions right now??? Oh boy, our draft position is going to be RIGHTEOUS!!!

    And if you read correctly, I've never said a thing about firing the entire coaching staff. I said they need to change their direction and approach, or else they should be fired. Doing the same thing the same way and ignoring the end result is stupidity. And your little toss in there tells the TRUE story - "not one blowout loss the entire season". That's what you really think. You think this ain't so bad. We haven't been BLOWN OUT, so it really isn't that bad.

    Forget all of the wasted draft picks. Forget the complete inability to close out a game. Forget the consistent HORRIBLE penalties. Forget the terrible play calling. Forget special teams LOSING you games, and doing nothing about it what so ever...Logan still sitting back there waiting on the ball.

    And no, don't get rid of the coaches anytime they miss the playoffs. But don't ignore a complete and total regression, and an absolute step in the wrong direction and just chalk it up to what?? Bad luck??? If nothing changes, expect the same exact bag full of crap you're shoveling in your face this season to come right back around next year.


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    603
    vCash
    1500
    All on the coaches, never the fact that the players can't execute when they have to... GOT IT

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Flint Town
    Posts
    5,626
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BucketheadZ06 View Post
    All on the coaches, never the fact that the players can't execute when they have to... GOT IT
    too an extent. when the talent is there and we still cant win...

    you said it urself we have lost all our games by a small margin. the players did some good stuff, but look at all the bad from the coaching end that helps us lose these close ones..
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    603
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    too an extent. when the talent is there and we still cant win...

    you said it urself we have lost all our games by a small margin. the players did some good stuff, but look at all the bad from the coaching end that helps us lose these close ones..
    And I'm saying with the talent we have, I'd give the coaches and GM a bit more time to put it together. I've read how most think Mayhew sucks and his only good picks are the sure picks and compare him to Millen. Millen had sure picks too and ****ed up majorly. Mayhew has made some trades and picked good players (some we don't know what they can do until they get on the field). Just trying to stay positive in the midst of EVERYONES negativity. Things SHOULD be better, but they could be far worse. I guess I'm just remembering what a joke this team used to be and I'm glad they are no longer that joke. Maybe I'm blind but I do see this team making the adjustments next year and becoming the contender we all have been waiting for.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •