Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 173
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,473
    vCash
    1500
    Cam Cameron was just fired in baltimore as their OC because of his vanilla play calling. The Ravens are 9-4...lions please take note of this.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,707
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Cam Cameron was just fired in baltimore as their OC because of his vanilla play calling. The Ravens are 9-4...lions please take note of this.
    It's not Linehan's fault Stafford can't hid the broad side of a barn in half of the games he has played this year.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,542
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    so your saying he has been average...32 teams in the league top 16 puts him in at half or more...average.
    no saying he is always 16 is saying avg... he is usley top 10 by the stats but has been in the teens a copple times

    and even so the 16th best LT still has talent

    PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.



  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    no saying he is always 16 is saying avg... he is usley top 10 by the stats but has been in the teens a copple times

    and even so the 16th best LT still has talent
    everyone who makes it to the NFL has talent by the estimation then. What are they the top 2% athletes in their sport. 16th best LT means 15 other people are better than you and you should have been upgraded during your 14 year career. Sure he should be moved to the inside because his natural position is guard, but something should have been done with Backus years ago.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,542
    vCash
    1500
    i dont think he is 16th best... i think he is more like 10th.. people just like to rember the bad more then the good

    PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.



  6. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    79
    vCash
    1500
    He gotta show more against talented pass rushers when he's not giving up sacks he's on his ***

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    i dont think he is 16th best... i think he is more like 10th.. people just like to rember the bad more then the good
    how about the fact that Allen has more sacks against detroit and thus backus than any other team by far. Half of his sacks have come against detroit...even with Chicago's terrible oline the last few years and the Mike Martz system Backus fails when it comes to someone like Allen way too frequently.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,542
    vCash
    1500
    he playes us more then anyother team other then the bears and pack...

    PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.



  9. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jsneller1985 View Post
    Here's a re-draft.

    2009:
    Matthew Stafford (QB)
    Clay Matthews (OLB) instead of Brandon Pettigrew
    Lesean McCoy (RB) instead of Louis Delmas
    Louis Vasquez (RG) instead of DeAndre Levy
    Mike Wallace (WR) instead of Derrick Williams
    Chris Clemons (FS) instead of Sammie Lee Hill
    Brandon Myers (TE) instead of Aaron Brown
    Lance Lewis (OG) instead of Lydon Murtha
    Larod Stephens-Howling (RB) instead of Zack Follett

    2010:
    Jason Pierre-Paul (DE) instead of Ndamkong Suh (probably trade back)
    Rob Gronkowski (TE) instead of Jahvid Best (don’t trade up)
    Jared Veldheer (LT) instead of Amari Spievey
    Geno Atkins (DT) (4th round pick given up for Best)
    Kam Chancellor (S) instead of Jason Fox
    Wille Young

    2011:
    Mike Pouncey (C) (Instead of Nick Fairley)
    Justin Houston (OLB) (Instead of Titus Young)
    Richard Sherman (CB) Don’t trade up for Leshoure and draft him in 4th (could have traded down)
    Trade up a couple slots to get Denarius Moore (WR) (instead of Doug Houge)
    Jeremy Beal (DE) (instead of Johnny Culbreath)

    2012:
    Riley Reiff (RT)
    Lavonte David (LB) instead of Broyles
    Bobby Massie (OT) instead of Bill Bentley
    Miles Burris (LB) instead of Ronnell Lewis
    Josh Norman (CB) instead of Tahir Whitehead
    Alfred Morris (RB) instead of Chris Greenwood
    Jonte Green
    David Molk (C) instead of Travis Lewis

    QB: Matthew Stafford
    RB: Lesean McCoy, Alfred Morris
    WR: Calvin Johnson, Mike Wallace, Nate Burleson, Denarius Moore
    TE: Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Myers, Tony Scheffler
    LT: Jared Veldheer, Bobby Massie
    LG: Rob Sims, Lance Louis
    C: Mike Pouncey, David Molk
    RG: Louis Vasquez, Stephen Peterman
    RT: Bobby Massie, Gosder Cherlius

    LE: Cliff Avril, Willie Young, Jeremy Beal
    RE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Kyle Vanden Bosch
    DT: Geno Atkins, Corey Williams

    OLB: Clay Matthews, Miles Burris
    MLB: (Let Tulloch Walk) Lavonte David
    OLB: Justin Houston

    CB: Joe Haden, Richard Sherman, Chris Houston, Josh Norman, Jonte Green, Alfonzo Dennard

    FS: Chris Clemons

    SS: Kam Chancellor

    You're sitting at a 13-3 or 14-2 team here. We are 4-8 and underachieving. So yeah, GMs/Teams miss on draft picks.. if you're team is the Detroit Lions.

    Look at that long and hard. That's what we COULD have. You guys have paid for tickets, jerseys and other things and supported this team through terrible and mediocre teams because you don't know any better. When are you going to demand more?
    This is the most ******** and moronic thing i have ever read! Look we are all Lions Fans and frustrated as hell, but come on this is going overboard!! Hindsight is 20-20, I can say you should have picked the winning lottery numbers after they are drawn too! I guarantee nobody was sitting at home screaming for these players to be picked at that particular time. Besides Scheme is just as important as talent. Why do you think players may be a bust on one team and then rejuvenate their career somewhere else? Because their ability fits a certain scheme better! Bottom Line is we were absolutely terrible and couldnt compete with 2nd stringers. Then Mayhew and schwartz put this team/city back on the NFL map! We have gone toe to toe with the nfls best this yr and should have one most of them! I have full confidence in this staff and in a yr or two after adding the final couple pieces i dont want to hear you haters jumping on the Schwartz and Mayhew band wagon!! Blue and Silver to the day i die!! GO LIONS!!!

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    319
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    people can hate on suh all they want, but i've never seen a guy get held as much as him and never get 1 call. it actually makes me kinda feel bad for him. I mean, every time we even grab a jersey for a millisecond it's holding. numerous times this year we've seen O lineman actually wrap up our D line and tackle them to the ground without a call and if you watch the game last nigh, you obviously saw the amount of times Suh was getting held. I understand holding's going to happen in the trenches, but it's just soooo blatant with him and never called.
    Like Mike Valenti (97.1 The Ticket) said today, your best option is trade this guy for picks. No one wants to pay him $11 million/year, especially for a head case that is a walking time bomb that gets penalized (not because he is always guilty, but because he is a target) all the time.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BucketheadZ06 View Post
    Being the LOYAL fan that I am, and not a little *****. I will
    Someone who sits in front of their TV every sunday with their Honolulu Blue flag in hand, ignoring the REALITY they're forced to watch for 3 hours continuing to praise Schwartz and Mayhew - that's the little *****.

    EVERYONE wants to give them a free pass because of the 0-16 season. It's been 4 years!!! That's 28 players drafted. That's 4 different free agent classes. 4 years to make trades and improve your roster.

    Green Bay won 6 games that year. San Francisco won 7. Seattle won 4. Now sure, none of those are ZERO wins. But to say they each came up in the same time frame to where they're at now, and to be OK with this ridiculous state of affairs this team is in now because of the 0-16 season is ridiculous!! Granted, I'd rather have our roster then Seattle - but I'm guessing Pete Carrol would probably have this team well into the playoff hunt right now.


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    And Suh doesn't get the holding calls because his reputation precedes him. Officials read headlines. They see his quotes, and see him repeatedly in the news. They're also human. Those things do have an effect on things - regardless of if they should or shouldn't.


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    he playes us more then anyother team other then the bears and pack...
    so then there should be two more teams where he gets his sacks consistently against thus not having the majority vs the lions...Greenbay's offensive line is not great, chicago's line has been terrible for years now. However only Backus is giving up more than his fair share of sacks vs Allen.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,628
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Someone who sits in front of their TV every sunday with their Honolulu Blue flag in hand, ignoring the REALITY they're forced to watch for 3 hours continuing to praise Schwartz and Mayhew - that's the little *****.

    EVERYONE wants to give them a free pass because of the 0-16 season. It's been 4 years!!! That's 28 players drafted. That's 4 different free agent classes. 4 years to make trades and improve your roster.

    Green Bay won 6 games that year. San Francisco won 7. Seattle won 4. Now sure, none of those are ZERO wins. But to say they each came up in the same time frame to where they're at now, and to be OK with this ridiculous state of affairs this team is in now because of the 0-16 season is ridiculous!! Granted, I'd rather have our roster then Seattle - but I'm guessing Pete Carrol would probably have this team well into the playoff hunt right now.
    Its so funny how this season is impacting you.

    Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

    http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    581
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Someone who sits in front of their TV every sunday with their Honolulu Blue flag in hand, ignoring the REALITY they're forced to watch for 3 hours continuing to praise Schwartz and Mayhew - that's the little *****.

    EVERYONE wants to give them a free pass because of the 0-16 season. It's been 4 years!!! That's 28 players drafted. That's 4 different free agent classes. 4 years to make trades and improve your roster.

    Green Bay won 6 games that year. San Francisco won 7. Seattle won 4. Now sure, none of those are ZERO wins. But to say they each came up in the same time frame to where they're at now, and to be OK with this ridiculous state of affairs this team is in now because of the 0-16 season is ridiculous!! Granted, I'd rather have our roster then Seattle - but I'm guessing Pete Carrol would probably have this team well into the playoff hunt right now.
    Don't like the direction they're going then jump ship. Become a Packers, or Niners, or Texans or Patriots fan. Who was the coach of the Bengals when all those players were getting arrested... that one guy got killed jumping off the back of a truck, I forget. Was it the same guy coaching them now? I guess that could NEVER happen here with time. Hell, I'd rather have the **** we've got going here than the **** that was going on with the Bengals. Everyone wants what happened to the niners happen to the Lions. It didn't, nothing us as FANS can do about it. Am I pissed off that they've lost so many games, games they SHOULD HAVE won? Of course I am, but I'm not going to complain on a daily basis (THAT would be something little *****ES do) and ask for the entire coaching staffs head. There's a reason why WE are fans and not making decisions. If their job was so damn easy then why don't all of you gripping about it go and apply for it? Oh... wait... because you aren't qualified to do so.

    Too many "WELL IF WE HAD THIS COACH THEN BLAH BLAH BLAH, OR IF WE HAD THIS OC OR THIS DC THEN WE'D BE UNDEFEATED". This team isn't a ****** team, no longer the joke of the NFL. Teams FEAR the Lions now. Any given Sunday this team CAN and SHOULD win. Problem is, THEY DON'T. Very well, off to next season, and like loads of you say "IT'S EASY TO HIT ON PLAYERS WHEN YOU'RE PICKING HIGH IN THE DRAFT". The Lions will be picking high in the draft, get a stud (hopefully Manti) and the young, dangerous team we have now will become even more dangerous. If the Lions were getting blown out every game like the Bucs were last year then I'd be on you alls bandwagon of firing everyone. But it's been close every single game.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •