Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsneller1985 View Post
    Would you rather have Clay Matthews as a DE or a "piss-poor" OLB or Brandon Pettigew?

Would you rather have Justin Houston as a DE or a "piss-poor" OLB or Titus Young?

Come on, be realistic. If that was the case, could have traded Avril to the Patriots for their 1st rounder like they wanted. Lmao.

Why do you people make excuses for our poor drafts by mentioning schemes? It's dumb to think that these "FAR SUPERIOR" athletes and football players wouldn't fit in to our team.

Keep riding your sub-par Detroit Lions team to mediocrity and abysmal records and keep buying tickets and jerseys instead of demanding more. Nice work.
    Being the LOYAL fan that I am, and not a little *****. I will

vCash
    I'm seriusly getting tired of people *****ing about this.

They took, an 0-16 team, with literally ZERO talent, and in 3 short years, turned it into a team that competes with the best teams in the NFL, EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

Every team misses draft picks, EVERY year. But to turn a completely talentless team into what it is now is very impressive. That fact that you guys go crazy over one bad season is completely ****ing ridiculous.

Especially when this year we've competed with elite teams better than.. probably since the 50s...

Do you know how many teams go to the playoffs year in and year out with no drop offs every year or two?

vCash
    CJ.. k smooth(tho i dont like him) avril.. hanson.. hariies.. backus... dom gos.. don.. might be it.. is not zero talnt..
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    CJ.. k smooth(tho i dont like him) avril.. hanson.. hariies.. backus... dom gos.. don.. might be it.. is not zero talnt..
    Backus, cherilus, smith, and dom are not talent.

Hanson was on the team for 20 years, and is only a kicker.

Avril is questionable, his success can mostly be attributed to great DT play.

CJ is the only real talent that team had, one elite player does not a team make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Backus, cherilus, smith, and dom are not talent.

Hanson was on the team for 20 years, and is only a kicker.

Avril is questionable, his success can mostly be attributed to great DT play.

CJ is the only real talent that team had, one elite player does not a team make.
    backus has been a top 16 LT (by stats) every year but one... and that was under martz..

gos wasnt grate then but has turnd into something

dom is better then given cridt for...

and smith is consistent

wether they are top 3 at there postion like CJ or not that fact is the are still good talent and atarters on most teams..

i agree with your overall point for most part just saying tho
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Smith was sitting on his couch before the Lions called, not only is he not a starter anywhere else, he can't even get on a team.

Top 16 is not good...that's barely even in the top half of the league, and that's probably only even in pass protection.

When I see our oline do it's job in the running game, I'll say these players are talent, but all I ever see is us getting 4th & 1 and having to pass because we can't get any push from our oline to gain even 1 yard.

vCash
    Whoever says we should get rid of mm and coaches THERE IS A REASON YOU AREN'T A GM OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL THEN JUST A FAN. WE don't know what goes on behind the scenes, we are what we are 4-9. And we need to continue to get better. we have a young team that got caught up in successes last season and will come back hungrier next season. We will also have a better roster. When have you ever seen a franchise team get good instantly. (thats what i considered our 0-16 roster to be) look how long it took the texans to actually be good. So quit all this whining about we need to rebuild every time we get a loss. Next year you will be riding MM's D and saying we need to keep him and the coaches forever.

vCash
    The real problem is our discipline issues we still have. Last night there were two examples and cost us points in the process. Although I hate the rule it is still a rule and players know about it. When Scheff scored the TD to put us up 14-0 he gets flagged for excessive celebration because Bell decides to join him.
    Q. Penalty time: The Lions got a 15-yard penalty after Tony Scheffler’s touchdown catch boosted their lead to 14-0. What was that for?

A. A rule that’s been on the books for several years prohibits group celebrations, and Joique Bell joined Scheffler in his celebration in the end zone. It isn’t an obscure penalty like the one Jim Schwartz got on Thanksgiving Day for throwing a challenge flag on a touchdown by Houston.

The penalty is called frequently enough for every player to know it.

Every time the Lions get a penalty for something like that it brings up the question of team discipline, and it will continue until they stop it.

Q. Penalty impact: Did the penalty hurt the Lions?

A. Jason Hanson had to kick off from the 20 instead of the 35, and the Packers started their possession at their 38 after the return. The drive ended with Mason Crosby’s 49-yard field goal, into a slight wind.

I doubt that he would have made it from 64 yards. So the answer is yes, the penalty cost the Lions 15 yards and three points.
    The next big thing was when Fairley and Suh both got flagged. Suh was the costly one. Here is why it was costly

Q. Double trouble: On Green Bay’s first possession, the Lions had two defensive penalties on the same play that helped set up the go-ahead TD. Nick Fairley was offside, and Ndamukong Suh got 15 yards for hitting Aaron Rodgers late. Was that a reputation call on Suh?

A. No, it wasn’t a reputation call. It was a clear violation – not really dirty, but against the rules. After Rodgers had released the ball. Suh took two more steps in his pursuit and pushed Rodgers down. It was an easy call by the referee, and the right call – just as Corrente announced it to the crowd.

It was a third-and-six play, and Rodgers’ deep pass was incomplete. Instead of fourth down at their 41 and punting, the Packers had first down at the Lions’ 44 because of the penalties. From there, they drove to the go-ahead TD – on a 27-yard scramble by Rodgers.
    All these discipline issues are clearly on Schwartz's shoulders and something has to be done.

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Tackles: 6
    Sacks:
    Personal Fouls:

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions 1-1
    Detroit Tigers 83-66
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 2-0 ACC:

vCash
    also missed a clear hold on Suh on that same personal foul call

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    also missed a clear hold on Suh on that same personal foul call
    The lions radio announcers were pissed about it. Listened to the first half with them and I actually liked them. Called a decent game wo a ton of homerism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    The lions radio announcers were pissed about it. Listened to the first half with them and I actually liked them. Called a decent game wo a ton of homerism.
    people can hate on suh all they want, but i've never seen a guy get held as much as him and never get 1 call. it actually makes me kinda feel bad for him. I mean, every time we even grab a jersey for a millisecond it's holding. numerous times this year we've seen O lineman actually wrap up our D line and tackle them to the ground without a call and if you watch the game last nigh, you obviously saw the amount of times Suh was getting held. I understand holding's going to happen in the trenches, but it's just soooo blatant with him and never called.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    backus has been a top 16 LT (by stats) every year but one... and that was under martz..

gos wasnt grate then but has turnd into something

dom is better then given cridt for...

and smith is consistent

wether they are top 3 at there postion like CJ or not that fact is the are still good talent and atarters on most teams..

i agree with your overall point for most part just saying tho
    so your saying he has been average...32 teams in the league top 16 puts him in at half or more...average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    people can hate on suh all they want, but i've never seen a guy get held as much as him and never get 1 call. it actually makes me kinda feel bad for him. I mean, every time we even grab a jersey for a millisecond it's holding. numerous times this year we've seen O lineman actually wrap up our D line and tackle them to the ground without a call and if you watch the game last nigh, you obviously saw the amount of times Suh was getting held. I understand holding's going to happen in the trenches, but it's just soooo blatant with him and never called.
    yeah I don't mind holding not being called just be consistent about it. Sims hold was nothing compared to what was happening to Suh and Fairley just about ever play.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by detam View Post
    Whoever says we should get rid of mm and coaches THERE IS A REASON YOU AREN'T A GM OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL THEN JUST A FAN. WE don't know what goes on behind the scenes, we are what we are 4-9. And we need to continue to get better. we have a young team that got caught up in successes last season and will come back hungrier next season. We will also have a better roster. When have you ever seen a franchise team get good instantly. (thats what i considered our 0-16 roster to be) look how long it took the texans to actually be good. So quit all this whining about we need to rebuild every time we get a loss. Next year you will be riding MM's D and saying we need to keep him and the coaches forever.
    although you have a point there is nothing wrong with someone wanting these coaches fired. there is a phrase " commitment to excellence" the lions do not have it and they never have under this ownership. I want these coaches fired but I know they wont be and thats what sucks the ford family are beyond loyal.
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    I am also getting tired of Stafford getting multiple shots after he slides. The guy coming in from behind that was fine he was already in the air but the guy who blasted him in the face well he was way late and should have been penalized.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast