Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 173
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    319
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAZ420 View Post
    Pretty easy to do with perfect hind sight. I'm not mayhews biggest fan but who has drafted a pro bowler in virtually every spot like your suggesting with that draft board
    No one, but even if TWO of those players were picked, we'd be 100 times better. Especially Chancellor and Mike Wallace.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    319
    vCash
    1500
    I can't wait til the draft, because the Lions are DEFINITELY drafting that safety from Texas. Very excited.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    976
    vCash
    1500
    In 2011, we started 5-0......

    Since then, our record is 9-15 (including playoff game).

    Not sure why everyone is hatin' on driz......or proud of this record.

    I swear, we gotta be one of the few fan bases in the NFL considering a 9-15 record over the past 12 months a success.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,009
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jsneller1985 View Post
    Here's a re-draft.

    2009:
    Matthew Stafford (QB)
    Clay Matthews (OLB) instead of Brandon Pettigrew
    Lesean McCoy (RB) instead of Louis Delmas
    Louis Vasquez (RG) instead of DeAndre Levy
    Mike Wallace (WR) instead of Derrick Williams
    Chris Clemons (FS) instead of Sammie Lee Hill
    Brandon Myers (TE) instead of Aaron Brown
    Lance Lewis (OG) instead of Lydon Murtha
    Larod Stephens-Howling (RB) instead of Zack Follett

    2010:
    Jason Pierre-Paul (DE) instead of Ndamkong Suh (probably trade back)
    Rob Gronkowski (TE) instead of Jahvid Best (donít trade up)
    Jared Veldheer (LT) instead of Amari Spievey
    Geno Atkins (DT) (4th round pick given up for Best)
    Kam Chancellor (S) instead of Jason Fox
    Wille Young

    2011:
    Mike Pouncey (C) (Instead of Nick Fairley)
    Justin Houston (OLB) (Instead of Titus Young)
    Richard Sherman (CB) Donít trade up for Leshoure and draft him in 4th (could have traded down)
    Trade up a couple slots to get Denarius Moore (WR) (instead of Doug Houge)
    Jeremy Beal (DE) (instead of Johnny Culbreath)

    2012:
    Riley Reiff (RT)
    Lavonte David (LB) instead of Broyles
    Bobby Massie (OT) instead of Bill Bentley
    Miles Burris (LB) instead of Ronnell Lewis
    Josh Norman (CB) instead of Tahir Whitehead
    Alfred Morris (RB) instead of Chris Greenwood
    Jonte Green
    David Molk (C) instead of Travis Lewis

    QB: Matthew Stafford
    RB: Lesean McCoy, Alfred Morris
    WR: Calvin Johnson, Mike Wallace, Nate Burleson, Denarius Moore
    TE: Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Myers, Tony Scheffler
    LT: Jared Veldheer, Bobby Massie
    LG: Rob Sims, Lance Louis
    C: Mike Pouncey, David Molk
    RG: Louis Vasquez, Stephen Peterman
    RT: Bobby Massie, Gosder Cherlius

    LE: Cliff Avril, Willie Young, Jeremy Beal
    RE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Kyle Vanden Bosch
    DT: Geno Atkins, Corey Williams

    OLB: Clay Matthews, Miles Burris
    MLB: (Let Tulloch Walk) Lavonte David
    OLB: Justin Houston

    CB: Joe Haden, Richard Sherman, Chris Houston, Josh Norman, Jonte Green, Alfonzo Dennard

    FS: Chris Clemons

    SS: Kam Chancellor

    You're sitting at a 13-3 or 14-2 team here. We are 4-8 and underachieving. So yeah, GMs/Teams miss on draft picks.. if you're team is the Detroit Lions.

    Look at that long and hard. That's what we COULD have. You guys have paid for tickets, jerseys and other things and supported this team through terrible and mediocre teams because you don't know any better. When are you going to demand more?
    I glanced ahead and as soon as I saw Suh wasn't on the final roster, I disregarded it. If you are even going to second guess that pick, then it's totally fantasy land.
    2013 PSD Lions Forum Fantasy Football Champion

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,311
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jsneller1985 View Post

    Clay Matthews (OLB) instead of Brandon Pettigrew
    the guy thet is injerd??


    what a wasted picked that would have been


    Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I am trying to figure out where we drafted Joe Haden because he was a first round pick in 2010 and you have us selecting JPP and Dennard was selected in the 7th round by the Patriots in the last years draft and neither one them are on your list.
    there is alot wrong with it

    PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.



  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,311
    vCash
    1500
    its all about the systum for alot of players.. mathuews could have came here and busted... we dont know


    in other words just b/c thes players worked where they went dont mean they would here...

    ojn top of that hitin 7 of 7 in every draft will never happen

    PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.



  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    Am I REALLY reading that someone - even with the capability of hind sight - is telling me taking Clay Matthews over Pettigrew would have been bad???

    I can't do it anymore.


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,311
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Am I REALLY reading that someone - even with the capability of hind sight - is telling me taking Clay Matthews over Pettigrew would have been bad???

    I can't do it anymore.
    if injured once = bust then sure....


    im not happy with MM either but you need to hold every player to the same grade.. if they get injured then they are a wasted pick

    PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.



  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    How many snaps did Broyles play before hurting another ACL?? You're going to compare that to Clay Matthews being the backbone of a defense, being in on every single down all season long, playing in his 4th year and getting a hamstring injury 10 weeks into the season?? The guy has missed like 2 games of his entire career. Broyles came in like week 7 and was done injured again by week 12.

    See, it's ****ing comparisons like that and a complete and total lack of a logical approach to things that makes me want to bang my head against the wall in this thread.


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    319
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    How many snaps did Broyles play before hurting another ACL?? You're going to compare that to Clay Matthews being the backbone of a defense, being in on every single down all season long, playing in his 4th year and getting a hamstring injury 10 weeks into the season?? The guy has missed like 2 games of his entire career. Broyles came in like week 7 and was done injured again by week 12.

    See, it's ****ing comparisons like that and a complete and total lack of a logical approach to things that makes me want to bang my head against the wall in this thread.
    Amen, brotha.

    And I'm not saying that every single pick should/could have been switched, I just honestly think that Trent Williams/Joe Haden/JPP are better fits/needs than Ndamkong Suh. Not only that, look at the dude's contract. Who wants to pay $60 million to a DT? Lmao.

    And if we would have picked up a couple of those players in the re-draft, we'd be a contender, not a pretender. We didn't deserve to be in the playoffs last year, and it shows this year.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,406
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    if injured once = bust then sure....


    im not happy with MM either but you need to hold every player to the same grade.. if they get injured then they are a wasted pick
    Brady is a wasted pick

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,236
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jsneller1985 View Post
    Here's a re-draft.

    2009:
    Matthew Stafford (QB)
    Clay Matthews (OLB) instead of Brandon Pettigrew
    Lesean McCoy (RB) instead of Louis Delmas
    Louis Vasquez (RG) instead of DeAndre Levy
    Mike Wallace (WR) instead of Derrick Williams
    Chris Clemons (FS) instead of Sammie Lee Hill
    Brandon Myers (TE) instead of Aaron Brown
    Lance Lewis (OG) instead of Lydon Murtha
    Larod Stephens-Howling (RB) instead of Zack Follett

    2010:
    Jason Pierre-Paul (DE) instead of Ndamkong Suh (probably trade back)
    Rob Gronkowski (TE) instead of Jahvid Best (don’t trade up)
    Jared Veldheer (LT) instead of Amari Spievey
    Geno Atkins (DT) (4th round pick given up for Best)
    Kam Chancellor (S) instead of Jason Fox
    Wille Young

    2011:
    Mike Pouncey (C) (Instead of Nick Fairley)
    Justin Houston (OLB) (Instead of Titus Young)
    Richard Sherman (CB) Don’t trade up for Leshoure and draft him in 4th (could have traded down)
    Trade up a couple slots to get Denarius Moore (WR) (instead of Doug Houge)
    Jeremy Beal (DE) (instead of Johnny Culbreath)

    2012:
    Riley Reiff (RT)
    Lavonte David (LB) instead of Broyles
    Bobby Massie (OT) instead of Bill Bentley
    Miles Burris (LB) instead of Ronnell Lewis
    Josh Norman (CB) instead of Tahir Whitehead
    Alfred Morris (RB) instead of Chris Greenwood
    Jonte Green
    David Molk (C) instead of Travis Lewis

    QB: Matthew Stafford
    RB: Lesean McCoy, Alfred Morris
    WR: Calvin Johnson, Mike Wallace, Nate Burleson, Denarius Moore
    TE: Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Myers, Tony Scheffler
    LT: Jared Veldheer, Bobby Massie
    LG: Rob Sims, Lance Louis
    C: Mike Pouncey, David Molk
    RG: Louis Vasquez, Stephen Peterman
    RT: Bobby Massie, Gosder Cherlius

    LE: Cliff Avril, Willie Young, Jeremy Beal
    RE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Kyle Vanden Bosch
    DT: Geno Atkins, Corey Williams

    OLB: Clay Matthews, Miles Burris
    MLB: (Let Tulloch Walk) Lavonte David
    OLB: Justin Houston

    CB: Joe Haden, Richard Sherman, Chris Houston, Josh Norman, Jonte Green, Alfonzo Dennard

    FS: Chris Clemons

    SS: Kam Chancellor

    You're sitting at a 13-3 or 14-2 team here. We are 4-8 and underachieving. So yeah, GMs/Teams miss on draft picks.. if you're team is the Detroit Lions.

    Look at that long and hard. That's what we COULD have. You guys have paid for tickets, jerseys and other things and supported this team through terrible and mediocre teams because you don't know any better. When are you going to demand more?
    You do know about scheme fits don't you?

    Clay Matthews would be a piss poor LB in a 4-3 system
    Justin Houston would be a piss poor LB in a 4-3 system

    Both are RUSH LB's in 3-4 systems or undersized DE's in a 4-3 not LB's and you can't go back and say what if half of those guys don't fit what Lions do/did at the time they became great players but doesn't mean they would have in Detroit

    Also at the time of the draft in 2010 Suh was considered the best prospect in a long time and a once in a generation player so trading back/drafting someone else would have caused a riot
    Last edited by Chickenfin; 12-08-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    MSU ROSEBOWL CHAMPS CONNOR COOK OFFENSIVE MVP GO GREEN

    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    14,311
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    How many snaps did Broyles play before hurting another ACL?? You're going to compare that to Clay Matthews being the backbone of a defense, being in on every single down all season long, playing in his 4th year and getting a hamstring injury 10 weeks into the season?? The guy has missed like 2 games of his entire career. Broyles came in like week 7 and was done injured again by week 12.

    See, it's ****ing comparisons like that and a complete and total lack of a logical approach to things that makes me want to bang my head against the wall in this thread.

    no one knows how any one will come back.. or how a 3-4 LB would do in a 4-3..



    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    You do know about scheme fits don't you?

    Also at the time of the draft in 2010 Suh was considered the best prospect in a long time and a once in a generation player so trading back/drafting someone else would have caused a riot
    prety much somes up my thoughts... why you cant go bac and do redrafts..

    you end up with the same what ifs... coaches sceems.. teamates ect ect alll play a huge facter

    PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument


    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.



  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    319
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    You do know about scheme fits don't you?

    Clay Matthews would be a piss poor LB in a 4-3 system
    Justin Houston would be a piss poor LB in a 4-3 system

    Both are RUSH LB's in 3-4 systems or undersized DE's in a 4-3 not LB's and you can't go back and say what if half of those guys don't fit what Lions do/did at the time they became great players but doesn't mean they would have in Detroit

    Also at the time of the draft in 2010 Suh was considered the best prospect in a long time and a once in a generation player so trading back/drafting someone else would have caused a riot
    Would you rather have Clay Matthews as a DE or a "piss-poor" OLB or Brandon Pettigew?

    Would you rather have Justin Houston as a DE or a "piss-poor" OLB or Titus Young?

    Come on, be realistic. If that was the case, could have traded Avril to the Patriots for their 1st rounder like they wanted. Lmao.

    Why do you people make excuses for our poor drafts by mentioning schemes? It's dumb to think that these "FAR SUPERIOR" athletes and football players wouldn't fit in to our team.

    Keep riding your sub-par Detroit Lions team to mediocrity and abysmal records and keep buying tickets and jerseys instead of demanding more. Nice work.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    577
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jsneller1985 View Post
    Amen, brotha.

    And I'm not saying that every single pick should/could have been switched, I just honestly think that Trent Williams/Joe Haden/JPP are better fits/needs than Ndamkong Suh. Not only that, look at the dude's contract. Who wants to pay $60 million to a DT? Lmao.

    And if we would have picked up a couple of those players in the re-draft, we'd be a contender, not a pretender. We didn't deserve to be in the playoffs last year, and it shows this year.
    The Redskins

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •