Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    vCash
    Exactly. Unfortunately, you can't really gauge too much of his performance having lost his 2,3,4 receivers as well as his #1 Tight End. Even though I'm of the opinion Pettigrew being gone is actually a positive...but either way.

I think the kid has the chops...just needs to get a coaching staff around him to help get him there. If they spoil the well with him, it'll be a rough thing to climb back from. Seems like he had more freedom last year to audible and run the offense...I'd like to see them return to that if it's the case.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Exactly. Unfortunately, you can't really gauge too much of his performance having lost his 2,3,4 receivers as well as his #1 Tight End. Even though I'm of the opinion Pettigrew being gone is actually a positive...but either way.

I think the kid has the chops...just needs to get a coaching staff around him to help get him there. If they spoil the well with him, it'll be a rough thing to climb back from. Seems like he had more freedom last year to audible and run the offense...I'd like to see them return to that if it's the case.
    Exactly, I mean if you want Stafford to lead this team then give him the freedom to audible out of plays. I mean we have completely changed our offense around to accommodate having Leshoure in the backfield. We ran some no huddle last year and I have yet to see it this year.

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 15
    Solo Tackles: 11
    Assisted Tackles: 4
    Sacks: 3

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 1-1-0 PTS: 2
    Detroit Lions 4-2
    Detroit Tigers Another disappointing season
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 6-0 ACC: 4-0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Had to base it off last game. He's playing without his starting TE, #2/3/4 receivers and the replacements are basically PS quality (Durham and Robiskie) and Mike Thomas isn't being utilized in the slot for whatever reason. Getting hit 14 times and knocked down 12 doesn't help either. O Line kinda **** the bed.

IMO, Stafford is a fine leader, it's the lack of around him that's the problem. Burleson being out is pretty big and the lack of guys stepping up and taking advantage of the situation is what's making this team suck. Also most of the guys in contract years seem to be playing for themselves rather than for the team.
    I don't know man, I don't see him ripping in to guys and getting people to gather around him. This is his 4th year, and he should have taken a HUGE step forward (or stayed around the same).

I agree that no quarterback will be good without protection, and I think that is our #1 must during this offseason. A guard like Warmack and a big mauling offensive tackle are huge needs.

And a lot of quarterbacks make WRs around them (James Jones/Jordy Nelson, etc). But Aaron Rodgers at least has time to throw.

I personally would like to see more spark in him. Play angry, and not after you throw a crappy interception (DJ MOORE).

vCash
    On a positive note, I don't know about anybody else that has been noticing how well Don Carey has been playing at Strong Safety, but do you think we should give him a chance at a starting gig next year?

vCash
    In my opinion anyone on the roster should have the chance at earning a starting gig next year. No one on the field has secured their position indefinitely. (aside from the obvious)

Scrap Detroit!!

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    In my opinion anyone on the roster should have the chance at earning a starting gig next year. No one on the field has secured their position indefinitely. (aside from the obvious)
    The obvious being Logan right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    The obvious being Logan right?
    LMFAO.. you guys and Logan..

vCash
    I'd like to see Stafford get 2 or 3 games in a row with decent protection and a decent running game, with limited injuries.

Notice I didnt say good protection, good running game and no injuries. The guy has had to deal with non stop **** all year. He drives me nuts with some of his decisions and apparent lack of leadership, but the guy hasnt had ANY normalcy from his offense all year long.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112