Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeFAN View Post
    These topics are so stupid.

Let's go back even further, look at how many great players they missed out on through out the years. We could have won multiple super bowls by now.

This team could have had Tom Brady, Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis & Revis! WTF LIONS?
    You can't be serious
    The year Willis & Revis were drafted (both in the first round) we took cj, hardly a miss.
    As for Brady, if ANYONE knew he was going to be this good, EVERYONE would have drafted him first round.
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 12-18-2012 at 11:38 AM.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I want a winner here. I don't care if we lose by one point or 21 points, a loss is a loss. We're are not that far off from last years results except that we're losing the close games, whereas last year we got lucky & won them. I could see a few losses being attributed to our coaches: Houston & Indy. Some losses were plain dumb mistakes by players, Chicago & tenn.

I'd rather be competitive & lose than get blown out every game. It hurts more to lose close games but that's why we follow any sports franchise, for the emotional investment, the ups the downs & the heartache all come with that.

Losing sucks & I'm not trying to justify it with excuses. It is what it is.

On a side note I'd sure like the lions to start drafting highest quality need, & if there guy isn't there then trade down. It really feels like mayhew got black listed from his deals in his first year, as if Jerry jones called all the other GM's & said "do me a favor & don't trade with mayhew for a couple of years". I can't explain how this guy shot out like a cannon leaving no stone unturned, acquiring solid backups & then nothing as of late.
    In regards to why Mayhew hasn't been able to faciliate any significant trades as of late......I have heard some say that GMs are more apt and open to trade players to losing teams as opposed to teams that can compete; which makes trades more difficult once your record improves.

I personally don't believe that due to the fact that a team like NE seems to be able to pull key guys in via trade each season. I know I was one of the few that was PISSED when they acquired Aquib Talib. We didn't even try to go after him.......The thing that pisses me off even more is that Mayhew wants to give up draft picks for players like Mike Thomas and Kevin Barnes but won't pull the trigger on a proven talent.

I know he had some character concerns but hell, Mayhew DRAFTS guys with those concerns (using high picks, mind you) that have question marks on whether or not thier talent will translate to the NFL. At least with Talib, it would have been a 5th rounder and a PROVEN TALENT. Now the guy is doing wonders in NE.

We can find examples of how Mayhew missed all season. How bout the draft (2nd round) I remember a lot of debate last year on this forum about LaMicheal James.....a lot of us (including myself) had him in our mock draft. Mayhew passed him up and now that he has had a chance to play, his skills rival a healthy Jahvid Best. I like Broyles; but there is a player like Broyles in every draft....as an example, Tavon Austin (projected 2nd round pick) will be better than Broyles; you can hold me to that prediction.
    Last edited by mc18641; 12-18-2012 at 11:31 AM.

vCash
    I want a winner here. I don't care if we lose by one point or 21 points, a loss is a loss. We're are not that far off from last years results except that we're losing the close games, whereas last year we got lucky & won them. I could see a few losses being attributed to our coaches: Houston & Indy. Some losses were plain dumb mistakes by players, Chicago & tenn.

I'd rather be competitive & lose than get blown out every game. It hurts more to lose close games but that's why we follow any sports franchise, for the emotional investment, the ups the downs & the heartache all come with that.

Losing sucks & I'm not trying to justify it with excuses. It is what it is.

On a side note I'd sure like the lions to start drafting highest quality need, & if there guy isn't there then trade down. It really feels like mayhew got black listed from his deals in his first year, as if Jerry jones called all the other GM's & said "do me a favor & don't trade with mayhew for a couple of years". I can't explain how this guy shot out like a cannon leaving no stone unturned, acquiring solid backups & then nothing as of late.
    very good points LFFS

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 28
    Solo Tackles: 23
    Assisted Tackles: 5
    Sacks: 4.5

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 10-4-5 PTS: 25
    Detroit Lions 7-3
    Detroit Tigers Another disappointing season
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 3-0 ACC:
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 11-0 ACC: 8-0

vCash
    K...I didnt know Basch was a jerk. I havent been on in a while, but I thought he used to be a quiet nice guy. It just seemed that everyone was piling on him. I cant stand that kind of stuff.

STAFFORD THE LEADER

Sliding a yard short on 4th down because he's too afraid to take a hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    K...I didnt know Basch was a jerk. I havent been on in a while, but I thought he used to be a quiet nice guy. It just seemed that everyone was piling on him. I cant stand that kind of stuff.
    lol Well keep an eye out for the next time i get ganged raped on here for one of my posts. It happens bout once/week lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    lol Well keep an eye out for the next time i get ganged raped on here for one of my posts. It happens bout once/week lol
    your making the lions forum sound like a prison... a bunch of guys wearing the same colors, trapped in a dark dreary environment, with no hope.... wait.... never mind

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int

vCash
    your making the lions forum sound like a prison... a bunch of guys wearing the same colors, trapped in a dark dreary environment, with no hope.... wait.... never mind
    Time to put on those prison issued honolulu blues.

STAFFORD THE LEADER

Sliding a yard short on 4th down because he's too afraid to take a hit.

vCash

vCash
    We need the Andy Duphrane of the NFL to come in to town and bring this depressed roster some new life!!

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    We need the Andy Duphrane of the NFL to come in to town and bring this depressed roster some new life!!
    Great freaking movie bro. We def need some spark of new life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Time to put on those prison issued honolulu blues.
    clink clank... turn to the right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post

I can't help but think of the Family Guy episode they did about that movie.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    I'm not trying to make anyone mad here, but after this last game and seeing the lack of leadership and confidence Stafford has, do you think he will ever be elite? Also, do you see him as our franchise quarterback moving forward?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsneller1985 View Post
    I'm not trying to make anyone mad here, but after this last game and seeing the lack of leadership and confidence Stafford has, do you think he will ever be elite? Also, do you see him as our franchise quarterback moving forward?
    Had to base it off last game. He's playing without his starting TE, #2/3/4 receivers and the replacements are basically PS quality (Durham and Robiskie) and Mike Thomas isn't being utilized in the slot for whatever reason. Getting hit 14 times and knocked down 12 doesn't help either. O Line kinda **** the bed.

IMO, Stafford is a fine leader, it's the lack of around him that's the problem. Burleson being out is pretty big and the lack of guys stepping up and taking advantage of the situation is what's making this team suck. Also most of the guys in contract years seem to be playing for themselves rather than for the team.

vCash
    Staff needs o-line protection (as if late, it's been bad) & a threat @ #2 wr to be elite. IMO

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast