Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Driz, I'll tell ya what...I'm going to the game on Sunday. Why don't you jump on the old ferry, cross into Packerland and as united Mayhew hatin' fans, we'll go to that trash hole Lambeau. But come the night before, I'll pull out all my own Millen signs from 07', we'll cross that name out, put Mayhew...bedazzle the 's' out of them, making them all sparkly and nice.

Then, we can head on over to the park but not in Lions gear...we'll Detroit/Cincy the heck out of this game and protest the current administration by wearing Packer gear! That'll show them...then during the 3rd quarter, we'll walk right out. Sure Packer fans will be like, 'What's going on? The game is only a 2 point game and Packer fans are leaving!' But it's not Packer fans, it's Lions fans and we're protesting the 's' out of this
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash

vCash
    "All you do is complain"...

Find me a positive spin on this season thus far? Aside from Calvin's yardage - and accompanying disappointing TD count - what is there??

The end of Best's career?? Our top CB being booted from the team?? Having a new arrest just about every two weeks all off season??? Our #2 WR going down with a broken leg?? Our THEN #2 WR being the total head case everyone thought he was prior to being drafted, and being SENT HOME and then placed on IR - WITHOUT AN INJURY???? Suh having another investigation about possibly kicking another QB on the national stage??? Our head coach breaking a CLEAR CUT rule he was well aware of, costing the team a score - and essentially an entire game??? Perhaps being on track to finish LAST in the division??? The WR we used a luxury pick in the 2nd round on, who was coming off an ACL injury, ending his season due to another ACL injury??? Perhaps we should be PUMPED with the acquisition of Mike Thomas???

You guys are all so pathetic when it comes to facing the harsh realities. So Calvin might go and break a record...it'll give you all an excuse to make some fluffy little thread and stick a bunch of clapping smiley faces and emoticons holding up trophies and act like we won something.

Want me to quit complaining?? Well that'll take this organization to quit being the absolute **** show that it's been my entire life, and seems to be on track to continue to be. SOL - Same ol Lions!!!

Want to know the REAL problems??? This team was so horrible for so long, you all want to take ONE playoff appearance and give the guy a free pass because of it. It's like the people still supporting Joe D because of a ring won like a decade ago!!

Take the honolulu blue blind fold off your face and take a real look at what's going on here. Sure, being as HORRIBLE as we were, we eventually struck gold on a couple of our annual high draft picks. We had a few pieces that are SOLID. Really good foundations to build around. And all of the planets were alined, and with a bunch of strokes of good luck we squeaked into the playoffs. But the harsh awareness of reality came back thus far this year...and we're really no better off than we were two years ago...except now we're on the verge of having to re-sign some guys to BLOW up our salary cap. And I hate to say it, but if the franchise stays on the same course they're on...and keep doing things as business as usual, we're going to be going the same route over and over again. Listing a handful of GOOD franchises who had one off year, and saying it's good those teams didn't cut off the head of the snake makes NO SENSE. We're the complete opposite!!! We're a BAD franchise that had one ON year!! And you're suggesting essentially the opposite reaction in sticking by the head of the snake BECAUSE of the one season that is the anomaly!!!

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    The thing is, it takes the Ford's so long to fire people that you have to start screaming about the front office at the very hint of incompetence so that he might get the ax in 5 years. If we wait on screaming for his head, we may be effed in 2 years when he's just starting to get heat and Ford starts the 5 year severance plan.

Fish Pasty

vCash
    I don't know if I've ever written a post that long.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post

Find me a positive spin on this season thus far? Aside from Calvin's yardage - and accompanying disappointing TD count - what is there??

The end of Best's career?? Our top CB being booted from the team?? Having a new arrest just about every two weeks all off season??? Our #2 WR going down with a broken leg?? Our THEN #2 WR being the total head case everyone thought he was prior to being drafted, and being SENT HOME and then placed on IR - WITHOUT AN INJURY???? Suh having another investigation about possibly kicking another QB on the national stage??? Our head coach breaking a CLEAR CUT rule he was well aware of, costing the team a score - and essentially an entire game??? Perhaps being on track to finish LAST in the division??? The WR we used a luxury pick in the 2nd round on, who was coming off an ACL injury, ending his season due to another ACL injury??? Perhaps we should be PUMPED with the acquisition of Mike Thomas???

You guys are all so pathetic when it comes to facing the harsh realities. So Calvin might go and break a record...it'll give you all an excuse to make some fluffy little thread and stick a bunch of clapping smiley faces and emoticons holding up trophies and act like we won something.

Want me to quit complaining?? Well that'll take this organization to quit being the absolute **** show that it's been my entire life, and seems to be on track to continue to be. SOL - Same ol Lions!!!

Want to know the REAL problems??? This team was so horrible for so long, you all want to take ONE playoff appearance and give the guy a free pass because of it. It's like the people still supporting Joe D because of a ring won like a decade ago!!

Take the honolulu blue blind fold off your face and take a real look at what's going on here. Sure, being as HORRIBLE as we were, we eventually struck gold on a couple of our annual high draft picks. We had a few pieces that are SOLID. Really good foundations to build around. And all of the planets were alined, and with a bunch of strokes of good luck we squeaked into the playoffs. But the harsh awareness of reality came back thus far this year...and we're really no better off than we were two years ago...except now we're on the verge of having to re-sign some guys to BLOW up our salary cap. And I hate to say it, but if the franchise stays on the same course they're on...and keep doing things as business as usual, we're going to be going the same route over and over again. Listing a handful of GOOD franchises who had one off year, and saying it's good those teams didn't cut off the head of the snake makes NO SENSE. We're the complete opposite!!! We're a BAD franchise that had one ON year!! And you're suggesting essentially the opposite reaction in sticking by the head of the snake BECAUSE of the one season that is the anomaly!!!
    Go run to your hole, you missed the point.

If the absolute BEST COACHES/TEAMS IN THE NFL even have down years/bad seasons after making the playoffs, why is it a surprise when a team or coach that isn't as established as the BEST COACHES/TEAMS IN THE NFL has a down year? My point is, unless there is a Belichick or a Payton sitting out there for the Lions to hire..... inconsistency from season to season will always happen.

As far as i'm concerned, Schwartz is 1 for 2 when it comes to good seasons. No one was going to win with the roster we had in years 1 and 2. I'm all for juding him from this point forward with actual talent on the roster and right now he 1 out of 2.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 12-06-2012 at 05:39 PM.

vCash
    If you want to see a bad team/franchise look at how many times the raiders have replaced their coaches since they won the SB.

vCash

you know, i was beginning to tell you completely off when i was originally planning to respond to this but now after seeing the barry sanders story on NFL network the other night, and thinking about that seeing how this season has gone a few things went through my mind.....

*wayne fonts is considerably the best coach weve ever had

*calvin johnson is the barry sanders of the 2007-20xx lions (obviously diffrent positions etc)

*lots of strong pieces in place right now but fail to win it all (on both lion teams)

*and this season has made me think, last year was the only good season weve had (kind of like 1991)

*the leadership/coaches on this team have really scared me as they are good, but not great coaches and have seemed to run out of a strategic ideas for this team (like where do we go next? ala wayne fonts)

vCash
    maybe the lions ARE really cursed... maybe we will have a few good teams here and there, but for the most part get our ***** kicked, ah son of a ***** this is how the average lions fan feels, able to accept being .500 at best! lol

vCash
    Driz thinks hes smart because he tries so hard to hate on the Lions and thinks by doing that it will make him look good and calls people homers for making valid points.

Driz we had a bad season this year, calm down, take the 0-16 season out of your head and breathe.

Heres a good song to listen to, get a drink of some nice iced tea put a lemon in it take off your socks put your feet on a sofa, table, chair anything that makes your comfortable and relax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df-eLzao63I
    Last edited by rocket; 12-06-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    The very root of my issue with what you guys all say, is the point you all make is "we had one bad season" - when the reality is we've had one good one! The SUCCESS in the anomaly in this situation, not the failure.

Scrap Detroit!!

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    And I'll confess...my transmission blew in Detroit on my way to the game last Sunday. Three days after my fiance spilled pop on my brand new Macbook Pro ($800 repair).

I have extra hostility inside me this week!

Scrap Detroit!!

vCash
    And I'll confess...my transmission blew in Detroit on my way to the game last Sunday. Three days after my fiance spilled pop on my brand new Macbook Pro ($800 repair).

I have extra hostility inside me this week!
    might as well buy new one

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    might as well buy new one
    New MacBook is like 2gs bro

vCash
    o.. lol

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast