Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I agree. Linehan may be a smart man, but he can't game plan worth a damn. Our plays are literally so damn predictable even many of us know what's coming and when... just imagine if we actually reviewed game film more and were planning against it

I posted the article in the GT for the Packers and it basically says about us running out of the shot gun way too damn much and how predictable our running game really is and even offense in general even is.

Give Stafford back his ability to change plays at the line dammit.
    Exactly...If he is going to be our franchise QB than let him lead us . He won't lead us to the promise land if he doesn't have the ability to change the play when he sees what the D is giving him. I honestly think that our close games this year could have been W's if Staff had the ability to audible out to a different play. We can play the woulda, coulda, and shoulda of game all year with this team. It is what it is and we look to next year.

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 46
    Solo Tackles: 38
    Assisted Tackles: 8
    Sacks: 8.5

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 18-8-9 PTS: 45
    Detroit Lions 11-4
    Detroit Tigers Another disappointing season
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 8-3 ACC:
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 13-0 ACC: 8-0 ACC Champs (#3 in College Playoff)

vCash
    Wait wait wait...I listen to a lot of sports talk out of DC and while they like Trent Williams this year, he does get injured a bit more than you'd like (this might be his first year he hits 16 games) and I think he's one more cloud of weed smoke away from the NFL perma-ban. I'm sure if we drafted Williams, we'd be complaining about him as well.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    Exactly...If he is going to be our franchise QB than let him lead us . He won't lead us to the promise land if he doesn't have the ability to change the play when he sees what the D is giving him. I honestly think that our close games this year could have been W's if Staff had the ability to audible out to a different play. We can play the woulda, coulda, and shoulda of game all year with this team. It is what it is and we look to next year.
    I just don't get it. Last year you have a 40 TD QB who has the ability to change the play and it works, as well as running the no huddle. This year, you take away all his freedom? wtf, shouldn't you give him even more? lol he should know the playbook inside and out by now and he certainly has the ability to read defenses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Yup. It'll only piss you off to go back and look at picks and who you missed if you want to feel better here are some of the bears recent first round picks.
    Greg Olsen-traded
    Chris Williams-cut
    Gabe Carimi-lost starting job now playing rg
    Shea McClellin-project de only used in passing situations.

Or you could be the raiders.

http://i.imgur.com/ZtgjR.jpg
    lol
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Yup. It'll only piss you off to go back and look at picks and who you missed if you want to feel better here are some of the bears recent first round picks.
    Greg Olsen-traded
    Chris Williams-cut

This comment needs to be pulled...you're not allowed to post drafts by comparable GM's to show Mayhew isn't awful, just average or good at this point. Mayhew is only allowed to be compared to Newsome, Thompson, Dimitroff or well we know Bellichek is the real GM in NE...that's it because that's the only way to prove Mayhew is terrible. And especially don't EVER bring up Pioli, Holmgren, or Allen's drafting track records.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhador View Post
    This comment needs to be pulled...you're not allowed to post drafts by comparable GM's to show Mayhew isn't awful, just average or good at this point. Mayhew is only allowed to be compared to Newsome, Thompson, Dimitroff or well we know Bellichek is the real GM in NE...that's it because that's the only way to prove Mayhew is terrible. And especially don't EVER bring up Pioli, Holmgren, or Allen's drafting track records.
    just for the recored... the pats have more bust then most team do... but they also have more picks

basicly what i am saying is they are very good at geting picks... but as far as picking the player they are only above avg..
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    You guys should see if millens lookin for a job. I hear he's good.

Seriously though we had a guy in the bears forum lost out 5th 6th and 7th round pick "busts" he was fun

vCash
    Greg Olsen-traded
    Chris Williams-cut

Catches: 23 Yards: 210 TDs: 1

vCash
    this is the problem with society now, nobody wants to take charge for each persons responsibility, its always the guy behind me or above me, lions need to take charge, i feel like theres lots of finger pointing at coaches/other players or front office (ala titus young)

vCash
    walterfootball.com has a great draft for the lions, picking up that stud corner from bama rd 1 along with eric reid second, then a wr for the 3rd round, but id rather go DE in the third with gholston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhador View Post
    I want a good GM. Therefore, I'll continue to compare him to the level that I want my GM to perform at.

If you're happy with mediocrity, go ahead and compare him to the bottom of the barrel to help you feel better about him.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    I want a good GM. Therefore, I'll continue to compare him to the level that I want my GM to perform at.

If you're happy with mediocrity, go ahead and compare him to the bottom of the barrel to help you feel better about him.
    Hey man, I'm with you...Mayhew is terrible. I think it's a crime to even suggest he's remotely ok by comparing him to Emery or, even Angelo before him, according to comparable draft records. I also think it's despicable to point out that draft darlings NE are anything but perfection. TERRENCE WHEATLEY FTW!!!

I'm right on that train, sitting side by side with you saying...SO be it that Mayhew wiped out an entire team that went from 0 wins and built a 10 game winning playoff team. That is AWFUL IMO because we should be in Super Bowl contenders talks at this point, I mean how long should it take to go from nothing to something!? It's never been attempted but I will tell you it better be less than 2 yrs and Mayhew with his playoff team he built 3 seasons after the nothing year is one year too late and inexcusable ...INEXCUSABLE I TELL YOU!

vCash
    And the fact of the matter, is the 10 win season you guys continue to use as your measuring stick, as your LONE point to make in defense of this guy - was a fluke!!! It was the perfect storm of SO many lucky factors that came together to get this team into the wild card.

This season, their play, their record - this is what this team is. THIS is where the team is at right now. Last year isn't. Plain and simple.

They are undisciplined. They have NO run game to speak of. Blazing the statlines with penalties. Underachievers throughout the roster. Their playcalling is atrocious. They have players across the roster that take plays off. They are nowhere NEAR where we all allowed ourselves to perceive them as being after last season!

And quite frankly, Mayhew may have been an upgrade from Millen. He might have been able to help us go from THE worst, to towards the bottom of the league...but he isn't going to get you to elite status. He isn't going to turn this franchise into a consistent contender. He isn't going to hit on a 5th or 6th round pick and find you a future pro bowler.

He isn't the guy. And I'm beginning to think more and more that neither is Schwartz. The passion and fire you see in him when they're winning, you don't get once they're not. And when you're not winning that's when you need to see the MOST out of your coach to steer the ship...and I'm not getting that from him at all.

Sure, I'm just a fan who goes to every single home game, watches every moment of every road game, reads about every bit of anything regarding the team I can get my hands on - but I'm still on the outside looking in. There very well may be a TON of things we don't even know regarding every aspect of this team. But I'm not here to give guys a scapegoat to deflect accountability for a running track record of failures and disappointments all because we hit rock bottom a few years ago, with absolutely NOWHERE to go but up.

Scrap Detroit!!

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    gosh you're annoying. all you do is complain. go root for the packers or something.

-Good thing the Bears didn't fire Lovie Smith when he didn't make the playoffs 3 straight years after winning 13 games.
    -Good thing the Packers didn't fire McCarthy when he won 6 games after a 13 win season.
    -Good thing the Saints didn't fire Sean Payton when he missed the playoffs two seasons in a row after winning 10 games.
    -Good thing the Patriots didn't fire Belichick when he missed the playoffs the year after WINNING THE FRIGGIN SUPERBOWL.

Blah blah blah, the examples of endless. BETTER/MORE ESTABLISHED coaches and BETTER/MORE ESTABLISHED teams have had bad years after making the playoffs. You are holding the team to an unrealistic standard. This year sucks but they aren't going to make the playoffs every year or have good years every year. EVEN THE BEST COACHES AND TEAMS IN FOOTBALL CANT DO THAT, as evidenced above. If this pattern continues, sure fire everyone. As for now, they deserve another year.

Like I said, become a Patriots or Packers fan if you want to hold your team to unrealistic expectations of making the playoffs every season. Then maybe you can stop complaining and be happier with your life.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 12-06-2012 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    And the fact of the matter, is the 10 win season you guys continue to use as your measuring stick, as your LONE point to make in defense of this guy - was a fluke!!! It was the perfect storm of SO many lucky factors that came together to get this team into the wild card.

So just so I have your argument correctly, every time something goes bad personel wise, it's Mayhews fault but when something goes right (improving a team 3 straight seasons with one hiccup in fourth year) he gets none of the credit? Yep...we're the irrational ones.

I get it, the reasonable and rational expectation is that the team should have gone from zero to hero over night. Thompson, Bellichek, Demitroff, Polian, etc have all done that, right? I mean...it is sort of unacceptable that we had improvements for three seasons straight, it is about 2 seasons too long, and no other great GM has ever had a hiccup during their times with their respective teams, I get it, I now understand.
    Last edited by madhador; 12-06-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast