Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Real Problems

BAD DRAFTS:
    1. We have a terrible draft record. Below are wasted draft picks the last 3 years under Mayhew.

2009:
    1(20): Pettigew (Alex Mack, Michael Oher, Percy Harvin and Vontae Davis went after him-all needs now)

3(82): Derrick Williams (Mike Wallace went 2 picks after him)

6th round: Aaron Brown

7th round: Lydon Murtha, Zack Follett, Dan Gronkowski

2010:
    1(2): Ndamkong Suh (In my opinion, Suh is the best defensive player in the league. However, his EGO and attitude are ridiculous. Personally, I love having someone hated by everyone on our team. The refs don't like him though. Trent Williams is a franchise LT and Joe Haden is the 3rd best shutdown corner in the league.)

1(30): Jahvid Best (Trading up was stupid, we lost draft picks for a walking injury bug. Pro-bowl safety TJ Ward and Rob Gronkowski went after him.)

3(2): Amari Spievey (I actually don't think he's that bad, but he sure as hell isn't Jared Veldheer or Jon Asamoah)

4(30): Jason Fox (Do I need to say anything about this? Kam Chancellor went after him.)

7th round: Great find in Willie Young, awful pick in Tim Toone.

2011:
    1(13): Nick Fairley (If we didn't draft Suh, then I'm all for this pick. Since we did, it made no sense. Kerrigan and Pouncey both fill huge needs.)

2(44): Titus Young (Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb and Greg Little went after him).

5th round: Doug Hogue
    7th round: Johnny Culbreath

Honestly, I don't like Jim Schwartz. I think he's a coward.

vCash

The Real Problems

Wow ok they missed on a couple picks.. Big deal everyone does.. But they took a team with 0 talent and built a team that can compete with anyone week in and week out.. They have also had cap restrictions because of constantly drafting so high.. You can't pass on staff, Suh, Fairley.. Delmas was a good pick I wanted Mack over Petti but he is a good blocker and our line wasn't great and it gave staff a weapon so I understand the pick.. I know we are going to be over the cap but there's gonna be a lot if money coming off the books as well.. They have also made some good trades as well.. Oh and I loved the move for best.. They saw a guy they wanted and got him.. He is a beast and its a shame he can't stay on the field but look at what he brought to the team.. I read an article that said a defensive coordinator said it was harder to game plan for him than CJ and it makes a lot of sense cuz if you want to double or triple CJ you just roll coverage you can't do that to best..
    [CENTER]

vCash
    Yes but the great teams find value in the later rounds and the talent sticks. Our great picks were on no brainer picks, where it is obvious who you take. You are right you can't hit on every pick but I think we need to do better then just our 1st rounders making an impact. You are right they took a team with out talent and made them into contenders but most of that was with the easy picks (stafford and johnson). I don't think they can get us over the top though. We seemed to have regressed and it doesn't seem like we have ever been under control, we need someone else to come in and get the job done. Theres alot of talent if we can just eliminate mistakes, and make good coaching decisions.
    Last edited by lionsfanphil; 12-05-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash

The Real Problems

It's the first time we regressed in 4 years and I don't think we are far off.. We have had chances to win every game this year just haven't been able to close.. I don't see a lot of the dumb penalties we had like last year it seems like Schwartz is putting his foot down.. And there's going to be growing pains it is his first home coaching.. Yes it's been 4 years but everyone makes mistakes.. He also isn't the one calling the offensive plays.. That's Linehan who pretty much calls the same group of plays.. The dumb draw.. If staff is under center it's prob a run and pass out of shotgun
    [CENTER]

vCash

The Real Problems

They have added talent other than the draft as well.. I haven't heard of anyone (player or commentator) say to fire Schwartz.. I think he's made mistakes but he is worth another year.. If its. Disappointing year next year then I understand I think it's just a lol to early
    [CENTER]

vCash
    your jokeing right??

you can do that for any round any team any player...

for the recored i am not saying he is doing a good job.. but how your are grading him is beaned ridicules
    Last edited by det32; 12-06-2012 at 12:39 AM.
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    hindsight is a *****
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Seriously. We are going to complain about the draft. Yes sometimes picks do not work out but on draft day for the past three years we have been praised for our picks. Yes some did not work out. And some of these are still up in the air. If Best gets one more chance and can stay healthy he will be the next Darren Sproles. I still think Hogue might have something to contribute. Fox and Spivey also still got one more year to show me something, and did you ever think Mr. Irrelevant would do anything. And besides the draft has always been a game of chance. If you randomly get a superstar in anything but the first or second you are praised as having this great scouting when in reality you got lucky. And bad drafts make Schwartz a coward. Alright whatever. And yes if we picked all of those people that you gave as backup picks we would have one of the best teams in the NFL but we didn't so stop whining. Simply put stop complaining about our picks.

And on a different note Suh would not be considered the best defender in the league without being so dirty. He scares people and thats what makes him so good. Anybody else you know that strikes fear into anyone else in the league. I don't think so and I would take that over someone who plays by the rules any day. I would take him over any d-lineman in the league. To me he is our most untradeable player on defense.

vCash
    Look, Lovie Smith went 11-3, 13-3, and then 7/9/7 wins the next 3 years.
    Mike McCarthy won 13 games one year and then only 6 games the next.
    Andy Reid also won 13 games one year and then only 6 games the next.
    Sean Payton went 10-6 with an NFC champ. appearance and then missed the playoffs the next two seasons.

It happens. It EVEN happens to better and more established teams and coaches. Even good coaches have bad years. I'm not saying Schwartz is good, just saying that he deserves another year to see what team is the real team and what coach is the real coach.

vCash
    Suh's a wasted pick but he's in your opinion the best defensive player in the league... I'm sorry, how's Gerald McCoy doing?

#HandItOnly2Bell
    SigBet that Suh stays in Detroit
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Sig bet!
    Sig bet!
    I'll step up. I'm pretty sure he's gone too.

vCash
    LOL this guy said Suh and Fairley are wasted picks

vCash
    How can you say Delmas was a good pick? I understand people like him...but the guy is never even on the field!! If you're looking for draft picks who look good in warm up pants and a team t-shirt, then he's your guy!!

High draft picks can't be spent on guys who aren't actively in the game week in and week out. Planning your roster around a guy, who inevitably winds up sidelined for a big chunk of the year leaves you scrambling and filling in with back ups.

Everyone gets hurt from time to time...but Delmas gets hurt ALL the time.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    I do believe that Schwartz needs to have another year to straighten this out. Linehan is to predictable like most of us have said. What happen to Staff audible out of original play called like he did last year. I for once want him to audible out of a run play out the center to a pass to confuse the opposing D for once. If anything I want Linehan gone. I am sick of his play calling. When opposing teams know exactly what play you are going to run a light bulb needs to come on and say I need to change things up.
    Last edited by vader817; 12-06-2012 at 10:51 AM.

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 42
    Solo Tackles: 34
    Assisted Tackles: 8
    Sacks: 6.5

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 17-7-7 PTS: 41
    Detroit Lions 9-4
    Detroit Tigers Another disappointing season
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 6-4 ACC:
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 13-0 ACC: 8-0 ACC Champs (#3 in College Playoff)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I do believe that Schwartz needs to have another year to straight this out. Linehan is to predictable like most of us have said. What happen to Staff audible out of original play called like he did last year. I for once want him to audible out of a run play out the center to a pass to confuse the opposing D for once. If anything I want Linehan gone. I am sick of his play calling. When opposing teams know exactly what play you are going to run a light bulb needs to come on and say I need to change things up.
    I agree. Linehan may be a smart man, but he can't game plan worth a damn. Our plays are literally so damn predictable even many of us know what's coming and when... just imagine if we actually reviewed game film more and were planning against it

I posted the article in the GT for the Packers and it basically says about us running out of the shot gun way too damn much and how predictable our running game really is and even offense in general even is.

Give Stafford back his ability to change plays at the line dammit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    hindsight is a *****
    Yup. It'll only piss you off to go back and look at picks and who you missed if you want to feel better here are some of the bears recent first round picks.
    Greg Olsen-traded
    Chris Williams-cut
    Gabe Carimi-lost starting job now playing rg
    Shea McClellin-project de only used in passing situations.

Or you could be the raiders.
    http://i.imgur.com/ZtgjR.jpg

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast