Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wiggins is not eligible for the draft until 2014.

He is still in high school.

vCash
    wiggins should just come out and say, I will not play for any other team besides the toronto raptors. So then toronto can just trade whoever in order to get the first overall pick. Is that allowed to be done? can you refuse to play for any other team and not workout for them? I know kobe declared he only wanted to play for the lakers.
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    wiggins should just come out and say, I will not play for any other team besides the toronto raptors. So then toronto can just trade whoever in order to get the first overall pick. Is that allowed to be done? can you refuse to play for any other team and not workout for them? I know kobe declared he only wanted to play for the lakers.
    Well the franchise did that to Vancouver when he got drafted so why not? Oh wait because Wiggins isn't a douche bag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Well the franchise did that to Vancouver when he got drafted so why not? Oh wait because Wiggins isn't a douche bag.
    ...but we can always hope that maybe he is....

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    If the Thunder amnesty Perkins, they can take on Gasols contract fairly easily.

Bobcats are always looking for talent in any way possible so we can always trade him to them without salaries having to match.
    Lots of teams would take Gasols talents over Bargnani.
    Why wouldn't salaries have to match? Do they have a trade exception?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    The TWolves are apparently offering Derrick Williams and Nikola Pekovic for Pau Gasol. I would gladly turn around and trade Gasol for those two.
    Me too. 3-way deal for the win!
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    I would hate that. That shows such a lack of professionalism. The rumour that Bargs did the same thing is something I have always held against him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I wouldn’t count on that. This team is capable of winning the games during the softer part of the schedule and will have good enough record to fall out of the top 3. I am use to the losing and don’t care if they don’t’ make the playoffs. But this team is fundamentally flawed. So some changes are required at the player level or the managerial level.
    The way i see it, the only risk we are taking is losing Calderon for nothing. If things don't work out this year and we still don't get the third pick, we can always trade Barg's after the season and of course NOT sign BC.

vCash
    id really like to keep calderon if we were to get gasol.

i would def do a bargs & fields for gasol and just keep pietrus..

lowry/calderon
    derozan/ross/anderson
    pietrus/kleiza
    gasol/ed davis
    jonas/amir

this would be nice.. we get rid of fields bad contract, and part ways with bargs. jonas gets a great mentor and calderon & gasol have great chemistry together.

i do worry about gasol being 32 and haveing issues with both knees though.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-06-2012 at 05:55 PM.

vCash
    "The Los Angeles Lakers recently rejected a Timberwolves trade offer for forward Pao Gasol that would revolve around Minnesota center Nikola Pekovic and forward Derrick Williams, according to an ESPN.com report citing sources with knowledge of the Lakers' thinking.

The report claimed that the Lakers also turned down an offer from the Toronto Raptors.

Wolves president of basketball operations David Kahn was unavailable for comment Thursday morning, Dec. 6.
    If that's true, then Colangelo is clearly willing to let go of Bargnani.

http://www.twincities.com/timberwolv...gasol-rejected

vCash
    Dammit I don't want Bargs and Calderon here anymore :cry:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post

but in an earlier post it was stated that Colangelo has shown an unwillingness to let go of Bargnani. it's possible that he wasn't even on the table yet. the Lakers are unlikely to make a trade until they have a chance to see their whole team, I don't think the discussions have reached a serious point yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    but in an earlier post it was stated that Colangelo has shown an unwillingness to let go of Bargnani. it's possible that he wasn't even on the table yet. the Lakers are unlikely to make a trade until they have a chance to see their whole team, I don't think the discussions have reached a serious point yet
    Depends how you look at it. If the Raptors have already made an offer, that shows Colangelo is willing to part with him. IF the Raptors actually didn't make the offer, that shows Colangelo isn't willing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    The way i see it is, why not just ride the season out and see what happens? I know everyone is tired of losing but i don't see how Pau could really save this team. At best he would make us get the 9th spot in East and nothing would change. Right now we have the second worst record in the league and a pretty good chance at Wiggins lol Plus, that really could be the ideal scenario especially if BC doesn't get resigned this year.

Although i'm not sure if Wiggins is actually eligible for the draft. If someone can confirm this. Either way though we could likely have a top three pick and that in itself is worth it right now. I just don't see how this team can change things around with this roster. For whatever reason it is clearly not working the way it should.
    Aren't they saying this years draft is horrible. Also Wiggins ain't even in college he's not eligible for the draft until 2014.

vCash
    Depends how you look at it. If the Raptors have already made an offer, that shows Colangelo is willing to part with him. IF the Raptors actually didn't make the offer, that shows Colangelo isn't willing.
    i could be missing something, i didn't read as closely as i might have, but aren't we assuming that the offer included Bargnani? as far as i could tell the link didn't actually state that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash

Its pure speculation. He may just be testing the waters as any GM would do. He would inquire what the Lakers can offer him for his baby.

But there is no way that somebody can say that he is clearly willing to part ways with his former no.1 pick.

Maybe it's the other way around, Lakers calling BC about Bargs...offering a second rounder and their scrubs for him(no Gasol). Then completely shut it down when BC responded **** you Kupchak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i could be missing something, i didn't read as closely as i might have, but aren't we assuming that the offer included Bargnani? as far as i could tell the link didn't actually state that.
    I assumed that the trade included Bargnani since that's the only trade possibility out there. There's no big man we can offer back for Gasol expect for Bargnani and Jonas. I doubt Colangelo would trade Jonas.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast