Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    You have to give to get sometimes. Ed is playing well this year and may have potential. With Gasol here, Ed will be getting the same amount of minutes. It's going to be hard from the scenario that includes Fields/bargs not to give up more. They many not even want Ed, since he'll be buried 3rd on the depth chart behind Jamison. So maybe our 2nd rounder, which is like a late first (as of now) and filler to match salaries.

Gasol will have more morale in Toronto if we keep Calderone in my view.
    I agree Calderon would be good to keep if Gasol comes but I doubt we could put together an offer that keeps him here outside of giving up Ross or something. We just don't have the assets.

vCash

Possible Raptors Trade for Pau Gasol?

Wondering if what peoples thoughts are on the potential acquisition of Gasol...

From ESPN.com today:

"The Toronto Raptors and Minnesota Timberwolves have both recently tried to engage the Lakers in trade discussions for Gasol"...

"Stretch power forward Andrea Bargnani, veteran point guard Jose Calderon and fellow vet Linas Kleiza are among the players, sources say, that the Raptors have discussed making available to the Lakers in a deal for Gasol."...

"CBSSports.com reported Wednesday that there's a growing belief among rival executives that Toronto has emerged as the most likely landing spot for Gasol, given Bargnani's potential as a floor-spacing frontcourt partner to Dwight Howard and the boost Calderon could give a backcourt that has featured Nash for only a game and a half this season thanks to the 38-year-old's fractured fibula and will be without Steve Blake for the next 6-to-8 weeks after abdominal surgery."

Thoughts?

vCash
    I would do it in a heartbeat. I am sure we will miss Calderon the most.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps_93 View Post
    am i the only one who thinks giving jose with bargs is too much for pau? its not like pau's playing great. i think bargs for pau is fair
    I agree, I think they would have to give up more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    they, as in the Lakers?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    they, as in the Lakers?
    Yes. That is a big contract we would be taking on.

Or if the T-Wolves are that interested in Pau then maybe they can take him and we can take Derrick Williams and more off their hands.

vCash
    Thats why I suggested they also take Fields in the trade and send back either Blake or like Morris + an expiring.

vCash

Or if the T-Wolves are that interested in Pau then maybe they can take him and we can take Derrick Williams and more off their hands.
    even if it's a one for one deal, Pau for Andrea?

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    even if it's a one for one deal, Pau for Andrea?
    I don't know... I guess that could be alright except that doesn't work out financially does it.

vCash
    As much as I hate saying this because I do the like Lakers but sorry I want my hometown team to be successful. So sorry Kobe but I'm Hoping the Lakers struggle continue and things get worst. If it doesn't this Gasol won't get traded.

vCash
    Wait do you guys think we could get calderon back in the off season. If we trade him to LA and Gasol is here I could see Calderon coming back for less money to play with Gasol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Wait do you guys think we could get calderon back in the off season. If we trade him to LA and Gasol is here I could see Calderon coming back for less money to play with Gasol.
    I was thinking the same thing. Doubtful if Calderon has a chance to ring chase. But if not I could see him coming back.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I don't know... I guess that could be alright except that doesn't work out financially does it.
    nope. i'm just trying to figure out your valuation on the players involved.

vCash

It is a big contract, but not a long one. The Lakers may get salary relief after this season, but we would be getting massive salary relief in 2014. That is also at a time when Kleiza, Lowry, Lucas and Gray all expire. Add the possibility amnestying Amir's 7 million dollar deal and that a possibility of 40+ million coming off the books in 2014 with DeRozan, Ross, Val, Fields and Davis as the only 5 signed.

vCash
    I think it's more about the bigger picture, well the reason I would want this trade to go down, even if Pau is terrible, he is a huge expiring and Lowry would be able to be resigned as well as getting rid of the most inefficient $10 million scorer in the league.
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast