Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ries-pau-gasol

so bye linas klieza, jose, and bargnani?
    i think a three way trade with la tor and min can be worked out to help all teams.

Toronto trades: Bargnani,Calderon, and Kleiza
    Toronto gets: Pekovic,derrick williams,duhon

LA Trades: Gasol and Duhon
    La Gets: Bargnani,Calderon and kleiza

Min Trades: Williams,Pekovic
    Min gets: Gasol

Through in fillers to make salaries match

LA does this trade for depth/better bench and outside shooters for Howard
    Minnesota does this to get Gasol and Rubio together, also Gasol and Love complement each other well.
    Toronto does this to get rid of Bargnani.

Toronto Lineup:
    Lowry/Duhon/Lucas
    Derozan/Ross/Fields
    Williams/Pietrus/Anderson
    Davis/Amir/Acy
    Pekovic/Val/Gray

vCash
    If you do it, do it early so you attempt one last push for the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    This is all speculation and i don't see why we should give them both Bargs and Calderon for a guy that can be a decent veteran presence for a couple of years. It's not really worth it.
    I've been saying it all along. Force Fields on them. I think Fields would do well In Mike's system so they'll get a pleasant surprise in that regard.

vCash
    I honestly think Pau will pick it up if he gets more touches and is more a focal point of the offense. Look at his play in the Olympics, he also played sub-par last year but in the summer he looked very good. Try to keep Calderone who will help keep him motivated. Make one last push for the playoffs if you get Pau. If things flop we can trade him in the offseason for some expirings and a pick.

vCash
    lmao just fire BC and trade bargnani. If Colangelo shows no willinness to trade bargnani when he obviously sucks dick, just fire his ***. also, try to get atlanta involved in a three team deal. I personally think pau can be the 20/10 presence with ihigh efficentcy.

Its actully a steal for the lakers cus they save salary and get a perfect compliment player to dwight. Andrea would flourish in LA.

Try to get a atlanta involved and get josh smith, id love smithto be on the raptors.
    Atlanta has no interest, they spent energy trying to save cap by trading JJ and now adding more cap is just contradictory and puzzling.

vCash
    wait nvm, we're keeping calderon. Trade fields + bargnani for pau. That Is something i can live with.
    Give em Ed Davis as well if that's not enough. We still have Amir and Gray as the primary back-ups.

Another side note: Amir Johnson's contract has value since it can still be amnestied.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I've been saying it all along. Force Fields on them. I think Fields would do well In Mike's system so they'll get a pleasant surprise in that regard.
    Thats what I was thinking too. Dumping Fields contract for expirings or Blake who would be an expiring next year would make it a decent trade for Toronto. You dump a bad contract while getting a guy better than Bargs and giving up Jose who may not have come back anyway. You improve talent wise now and financially it makes more sense for the future as well. The only downside is Pau's age

vCash
    Give em Ed Davis as well if that's not enough. We still have Amir and Gray as the primary back-ups.

Another side note: Amir Johnson's contract has value since it can still be amnestied.
    Value to us. Other teams can't amnesty him if we trade him though

vCash

Don't mean to be rude but are you stupid. With Andrea gone I want Ed getting more minutes. Gasol might not be 100% plus how long do you think he will be around for. Why would we trade Ed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    Value to us. Other teams can't amnesty him if we trade him though
    That's what I mean, some are suggesting package Amir. I would keep Amir because we can amnesty him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Don't mean to be rude but are you stupid. With Andrea gone I want Ed getting more minutes. Gasol might not be 100% plus how long do you think he will be around for. Why would we trade Ed?
    You have to give to get sometimes. Ed is playing well this year and may have potential. With Gasol here, Ed will be getting the same amount of minutes. It's going to be hard from the scenario that includes Fields/bargs not to give up more. They many not even want Ed, since he'll be buried 3rd on the depth chart behind Jamison. So maybe our 2nd rounder, which is like a late first (as of now) and filler to match salaries.

Gasol will have more morale in Toronto if we keep Calderone in my view.

vCash
    gasol to toronto? didn't we learn anything from alonso morning to toronto?

this is a bad idea.

if colangelo tries to save his seat maybe. long term benefits none.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    You have to give to get sometimes. Ed is playing well this year and may have potential. With Gasol here, Ed will be getting the same amount of minutes. It's going to be hard from the scenario that includes Fields/bargs not to give up more. They many not even want Ed, since he'll be buried 3rd on the depth chart behind Jamison. So maybe our 2nd rounder, which is like a late first (as of now) and filler to match salaries.

Gasol will have more morale in Toronto if we keep Calderone in my view.
    Ed is the best PF in this team. why would you give him away for a gasol which is over the hump. ed fits better with val for the long term plans.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post
    Ed is the best PF in this team. why would you give him away for a gasol which is over the hump. ed fits better with val for the long term plans.
    It's because we are unloading Field's contract on them. They have to take on an extra year of Bargs/Fields money in exchange for Gasol who expires next year. If they keep Gasol, all the contracts on the Lakers expire by next year except Nash. So we are forcing them to change their financial flexibility.

Maybe I should've stated as a last resort throw in Ed to sweeten the pot. I guess most would like to keep him here.
    Last edited by Heediot; 12-06-2012 at 08:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post
    gasol to toronto? didn't we learn anything from alonso morning to toronto?

this is a bad idea.

if colangelo tries to save his seat maybe. long term benefits none.
    It would help Val develop, it would be a huge expiring after next season. It would improve our team at a time where we have nothing to lose (no point in tanking since our pick is gone). I had the same stance as you at first, but the more I think about it the more sense it makes to me.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast