Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Jordan's potential? He's nothing but a 10 and 10 C with the athletic ability to block shots. He's not even a good defender, he has absolutely 0 impact on defense for a guy that averages 2 blocks per game.

He's more talented than Pekovic and has the potential to be a better player but he's not a better player than Pek.
    http://bkref.com/tiny/bEL3W
    yeah he is not better now

but you were talking about future top C's

and you are agreeing with me that Jordan does have the potential to be a better player than Pekovic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    yeah he is not better now

but you were talking about future top C's

and you are agreeing with me that Jordan does have the potential to be a better player than Pekovic
    I have a hard time seeing a player who is averaging less than the league average and is considered as 'cancer' to suddenly become a productive player. These types of players are quite rare. He's basically going to be a Derrick Coleman. So no, I wouldn't consider him to be a future top C.

10 and 10 is not better than Pekovic.

Howard, Monroe, Hibbert, Gasol and and everything after that is pretty much debatable. Maybe McGee.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 12-07-2012 at 12:39 AM.

vCash
    Jordan's potential? He's nothing but a 10 and 10 C with the athletic ability to block shots. He's not even a good defender, he has absolutely 0 impact on defense for a guy that averages 2 blocks per game.

He's more talented than Pekovic and has the potential to be a better player but he's not a better player than Pek.
    http://bkref.com/tiny/bEL3W
    Jordan has and is improving. His help defense has taken leaps. He still needs to work on his man defense, but even that is improving. He added a baby hook as his go to move down low. His footwork has improved as well. The guy has sick work ethic and will only get better. Still I don't know if he'll be better then Pek but there's an argument for both sides. Also, Jordan is roughly 15 months younger. I like both players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    imagine this

Lakers get Bargnani, Calderon
    Minnesota gets Pau Gasol
    Boston gets Pekovic and Derrick Williams
    Raptors get Ridnour and Jeff Green
    Boston only gives up a bad contract and gets all that?

vCash
    I have a hard time seeing a player who is averaging less than the league average and is considered as 'cancer' to suddenly become a productive player. These types of players are quite rare. He's basically going to be a Derrick Coleman. So no, I wouldn't consider him to be a future top C.

Howard, Monroe, Hibbert, Gasol and and everything after that is pretty much debatable. Maybe McGee.
    Clearly, you know **** all about DeAndre, he is anything but a team cancer. I follow the Clippers as they are my favourite team because of Cp3. His improvement is widely acknowledge across the league among media, players, and coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    exactly. and they aren't going to watch their season go up in flames just because they promised him his buddy would be there, even if they can't sell him on it.
    From what I heard the promise to Nash wasn't before the season. They promised Nash to keep pau until Nash is back and see if he can right the ship. I personally think this would be a huge trade for the raptors. I can't think of anybody better to help teach jv. Also it gives the raptors experience and a great passer. We would be better rebounding and better defensively. Would miss Calderon on offense and in the locker room but his perimeter defense is just awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    exactly. and they aren't going to watch their season go up in flames just because they promised him his buddy would be there, even if they can't sell him on it.
    From what I heard the promise to Nash wasn't before the season. They promised Nash to keep pau until Nash is back and see if he can right the ship. I personally think this would be a huge trade for the raptors. I can't think of anybody better to help teach jv. Also it gives the raptors experience and a great passer. We would be better rebounding and better defensively. Would miss Calderon on offense and in the locker room but his perimeter defense is just awful.

vCash
    The problem with the previously suggested 3 way trade is that Pekovic and Williams only make about half of what Gasol makes.

If Gasol is playing well, what about the following 3 way deal with LA and Minnesota:

To LA:
    Calderon, Bargnani and Brandon Roy

To Minnesota:
    Gasol

To Toronto:
    Pekovic,Williams, Barea and a 2014 1st round pick from LA

vCash
    Roy is done.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    no way we give calderon AND bargs. id do amir, fields and bargs though. the lakers just have no assets we can scoop up any more.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Clearly, you know **** all about DeAndre, he is anything but a team cancer. I follow the Clippers as they are my favourite team because of Cp3. His improvement is widely acknowledge across the league among media, players, and coaches.
    I was referring to Cousins. Try again.

vCash
    I was referring to Cousins. Try again.

So how is DeMarcus averaging less than the league average? 17 and 10 is higher then average, or do you mean fg percentage (that's the only number I can see him being below average) ? Who are you referring to that's averaging 10 & 10. Maybe if the post wasn't so disorganized people can be clear on who is spoken upon.
    Last edited by Heediot; 12-07-2012 at 09:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    So how is DeMarcus averaging less than the league average? 17 and 10 is higher then average, or do you mean fg percentage (that's the only number I can see him being below average) ? Who are you referring to that's averaging 10 & 10. Maybe if the post wasn't so disorganized people can be clear on who is spoken upon.
    It wasn't written for you, it was written for the person who I was replying to. It's obvious that Jordan is the 10 and 10 player and Cousins is the marginal volume shooting C.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    The problem with the previously suggested 3 way trade is that Pekovic and Williams only make about half of what Gasol makes.

If Gasol is playing well, what about the following 3 way deal with LA and Minnesota:

To LA:
    Calderon, Bargnani and Brandon Roy

To Minnesota:
    Gasol

To Toronto:
    Pekovic,Williams, Barea and a 2014 1st round pick from LA
    That proposal doesnt work, Roy would have to come to Toronto for the salaries to match up. LA takes on too much money in that deal. Assuming were admitting this core is not gonna work and were just gonna blow it all up, why not something like this:

To LA: Calderon, Bargnani

To Minnesota: Derozan, Pau

To Toronto: Pekovic, Kirilenko, Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnour, Minnesota + Memphis 1st round pick in 2013.

Minnesota gets a player they covet in pau and the dynamic wing scorer theyve been looking for to add to their core in derozan.

vCash
    wow i don't think minny is gonna want to give up that much.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast