Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    At this point, I don't really care if it happens, I doubt Pau would help much, record wise.

Although a lineup of:

Lowry
    DD
    Pietrus
    Gasol
    JV

Seems pretty sexy

vCash
    Yeah I'd do it I don't even care how bad Gasol has been. The one thing that I'd worry about is if we could of found something better, future wise a pick or two or something then just run with the young guys. All I know is this team is horrible and needs a change and Bargs and JC have run there course.

vCash
    I dont understand ****ing bryan colangelo, why not trade bargnani? your team is ****ing trash with bargnani, you're not a ****ing contender. JUST TRADE HIM, ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THIS. **** BARGNANI, **** COLANGELO.
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    Don't mind trading Bargnani but not that keen on Pau at 32 with bad knees. And yes I do think jumper's knee is a problem for a PF.

vCash
    Please I pray the Lakers take our trash in Bargs and Caledron and we get Pau in return.

all three players need a fresh environment...would be perfect for both sides...

even if pau leaves im fine with it...give you lowry, damar, jval, ross and davis to build around.

vCash
    well it looks like the other execs are smart. too bad ours aren't

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ncsefu

Except Amir is actually Fields (virtually same contract except couldn't add Fields since he can't be traded until the 15th).

We get Pau for Calderon + Bargs while shedding Fields contract and getting Blake to replace Calderon as the backup (one year shorter contract than Fields plus 2mill less).

If we don't want Blake we could also take ebanks and clark in expirings to make the trade work financially.

Lowry/Blake/Lucas
    Demar/Ross/
    Pietrus/Anderson/Kleiza
    Pau/Ed/Acy
    Val/Amir/Gray
    Last edited by Six-8-TheWizard; 12-06-2012 at 01:08 AM.

vCash
    ^Also looked into Salaries in depth and assuming I didn't make any calculation errors at the end of this season our payroll (assuming Gray + Kleiza and Lucas options all picked up) is at $65.5 mill vs the ~$58 it would be if we just let Jose Expire.

The following season before the 2014 draft we would have a ton of expiring deals:

-Gasol $19.2mill
    -Blake $4.0mill
    -Lowry $6.2mill
    -Kleiza $4.6mill
    -Gray $2.6mill
    -Lucas $1.5mill

Plus also
    -Lowry has a cap hold of 9 mill apparently and Ed a Qualifying offer of 4.3 mill (Only guys I think we'd keep the rights for)

Gives us plenty of flexibility for next season for free agency and also to use in trades during the season
    Last edited by Six-8-TheWizard; 12-06-2012 at 01:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ncsefu

Except Amir is actually Fields (virtually same contract except couldn't add Fields since he can't be traded until the 15th).

We get Pau for Calderon + Bargs while shedding Fields contract and getting Blake to replace Calderon as the backup (one year shorter contract than Fields plus 2mill less).

If we don't want Blake we could also take ebanks and clark in expirings to make the trade work financially.

Lowry/Blake/Lucas
    Demar/Ross/
    Pietrus/Anderson/Kleiza
    Pau/Ed/Acy
    Val/Amir/Gray
    I don't like it.

We need Amir. He's the heart and soul of the team right now. He loves Toronto, and puts his heart in the game.

If anything, give em' Aaron Gray.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    I don't like it.

We need Amir. He's the heart and soul of the team right now. He loves Toronto, and puts his heart in the game.

If anything, give em' Aaron Gray.
    Amir is supposed to be fields in the trade. I just used him as a placeholder since they are paid the same and Fields cant be traded for another week or so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    Amir is supposed to be fields in the trade. I just used him as a placeholder since they are paid the same and Fields cant be traded for another week or so
    I read that, and then I posted what I posted. Whoops.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    wait nvm, we're keeping calderon. Trade fields + bargnani for pau. That Is something i can live with.

vCash
    We were wrong about BC, He does want to trade bargnani, he apparently is the one who offered the trade to the lakers. but the lakers rejected it.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...97426641575936

Pitches from Raps & Wolves for Pau already rejected by Lakers, sources tell ESPN. Story with @RamonaShelburne: http://es.pn/RDv2g7
    since he said, PITCHES FROM , tht means BC is obviously in hot water and knows he'll lose his job, thats why hes trying to trade bargnani now. step in the right direction at least.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ries-pau-gasol

Stretch power forward Andrea Bargnani, veteran point guard Jose Calderon and fellow vet Linas Kleiza are among the players, sources say, that the Raptors have discussed making available to the Lakers in a deal for Gasol. It's an open secret around the league, meanwhile, that Timberwolves general manager David Kahn has been trying since last season to acquire Gasol to join fellow Spaniard Ricky Rubio in a three-man core with All-Star forward Kevin Love, but sources say that the Lakers continue to resist Minnesota's attempts to build a trade offer around 2011's No. 2 overall pick Derrick Williams and center Nikola Pekovic.
    so bye linas klieza, jose, and bargnani?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ries-pau-gasol

so bye linas klieza, jose, and bargnani?
    I guess so. Article says they rejected the offer because they want to give Pau a chance to play with Nash first and adjust to the system.

If we are doing that deal I would still want to swap Fields for Blake as well given the amount of salary we are taking on with Pau. Although I think with Kleiza in the scenario it throws off the number too much to make it work.

I'd say otherwise just take back a second rounder or something but I doubt the lakers have any left lol

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast