Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The problem here is that signing one of Marcum, Jackson, Sanchez, etc. before Blanton would have been smarter to do because they're the better pitchers, meaning they would set the price tag for low tier pitchers like Blanton, instead of the other way around. Now low tier pitchers like Blanton are driving the price up for those second tier pitchers because he got overpaid and they will want to as well.

vCash
    @JeffFletcherOCR: The #Angels believe having Blanton (and not a hole in the rotation) allows them to better negotiate w/ other starters.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Suuuure...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Suuuure...
    Tomorrow when we sign Greinke for 5 years 85M you will see

vCash
    If you are right I will buy you a whole tray full of In N Out Double Doubles

()

vCash
    If you are right I will buy you a whole tray full of In N Out Double Doubles

()
    Protein style double doubles or Flying Dutchmen's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Protein style double doubles or Flying Dutchmen's
    Heck! I'll buy you all the Flying Dutchmens in the world and buy you a Mike Trout Angela Jersey. I'll throw you a bone. If Grienke signs for 5yr 100M it's all yours!
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

vCash
    The Royals may be at a critical stage in the decision whether to trade top prospect Wil Myers for a starting pitcher such as the Rays' James Shields, tweet Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. *Bob Dutton believes the Royals would not hesitate to trade Myers for Shields, but that it'd probably require more.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#7TYrld0jkHqoleI2.99

This kinda ruins my dreams of the Angel trading for Shields if we can't get Grienke.
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

vCash
    thanks to the couple of posts over the last page or 2 that made this signing seem a little better.

vCash
    If they trade him for Shields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Please let this be a one year deal.

Please let this be a depth move.

Please don't do this Dipoto if its neither of the two.
    I am hoping so, I would rather get Brandon McCarthy. He is younger and has better arm.

vCash
    The problem here is that signing one of Marcum, Jackson, Sanchez, etc. before Blanton would have been smarter to do because they're the better pitchers, meaning they would set the price tag for low tier pitchers like Blanton, instead of the other way around. Now low tier pitchers like Blanton are driving the price up for those second tier pitchers because he got overpaid and they will want to as well.
    The thing is, though, they won't sign until Greinke does. Blanton isn't going to set the market for them, Greinke will. I have a very good feeling that the Blanton contract will look a lot better after all these guys sign(even if we snag one of them). Free agency has been a little crazy this year, with 3 guys getting $13 million coming off of down years, two of them getting it mainly due to career years in 2011 that they probably won't match going forward. With a complete lack of studs outside Greinke and Hamilton, second tier guys are going to get paid considerably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    one guy doesn't take you from yearly playoff conteder to the worst team in football

vCash
    I guess we'll just agree to disagree. haha. I still believe in what I said because 2nd tier pitchers are closer to being worth what Blanton is than what Greinke's worth.

vCash
    Like many, if not most, of you: this isn't a good deal for the Halos. What does Dipoto know that we don't? I suspect they won't sign Greinke now because they could afford two SP for less than what he'll go for. I hope I'm wrong though. Hopefully it's only for depth...but for $15M? That doesn't sound like depth :/

vCash
    Yeah he won't be a depth signing. He's our 5th starter.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast