Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are you sick of Cam Newton?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 53.33%
  • No

28 46.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Agree he hasn't done ****. And Newton isn't Brees, Manning or Rodgers
    lol, panties in a twist still? Newton hasn't had a passer rating of less than 95 in three weeks. In that span he's thrown for 6 TD passes and had 2 TD runs. He's had zero turnovers. If anything there should be no articles about him. It's all about the media getting hits from idiot readers who don't watch him except for when there's negative news.

And no, he's not Brees, Manning, or Rodgers. They're elite QBs, genius. Do you expect every QB to be elite, in the second year no less? Btw, I'd bet Luck and RG3 have similar autograph deals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Okay so when Cam came out I was the loudest guy in the room calling BUSSTTT, but after his first season I quickly stopped my quick judgement, but after the last year of negative reports I'm sick of him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-2012-pro-bowl

I know it's just a dumb article about a guy who didn't even put his name on it, but come on. Act like you don't believe. This kid has been big headed ever since he entered the league. He was telling people he was NFL ready right after the National Championship. Then he goes out and sells his autograph for 400 dollars, but refuses to do a fan signing at the Pro Bowl?

I hope he gets it together, but as of right now I'm sick of Cam Newton.
    cool story bro

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    lol, panties in a twist still? Newton hasn't had a passer rating of less than 95 in three weeks. In that span he's thrown for 6 TD passes and had 2 TD runs. He's had zero turnovers. If anything there should be no articles about him. It's all about the media getting hits from idiot readers who don't watch him except for when there's negative news.

And no, he's not Brees, Manning, or Rodgers. They're elite QBs, genius. Do you expect every QB to be elite, in the second year no less? Btw, I'd bet Luck and RG3 have similar autograph deals.
    RGIII signs for kids. I dont know about luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t327 View Post
    Love Cam Newton. He's 23...the maturity and leadership will come with age.
    Not necessarily. QB's are usually much better at maturing than other positions[possibly because if they aren't/don't they do not last long], but a lot of players do not mature. Vick is the obvious example at QB.

vCash
    RGIII signs for kids. I dont know about luck.
    As does Newton. The contract doesn't say he can't give out free autographs. He probably signs more autographs than any other player during training camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Not necessarily. QB's are usually much better at maturing than other positions[possibly because if they aren't/don't they do not last long], but a lot of players do not mature. Vick is the obvious example at QB.
    Vince Young and Russell are other QB's that fall under that category.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    I think Vick has matured a lot compared when he was in ATL. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big Vick fan, but it looks like prison was the best thing that ever happened to him. He didn't mature that much as a player, but he matured a lot as a person (at least to the public eye).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    cool story bro
    Now make me a sandwich.

vCash
    I like Cam, has some maturing to do. Reminds me a tad bit of Cutler personality wise. Performance wise I think Cam will be an above average QB but his running ability could pish him into top 5 category.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I think Vick has matured a lot compared when he was in ATL. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big Vick fan, but it looks like prison was the best thing that ever happened to him. He didn't mature that much as a player, but he matured a lot as a person (at least to the public eye).
    He has matured now, but until he got arrested and kicked down to Earth he was as bad if not worse as the years went on. Maybe that is my go to example because I'm a slight bitter Falcons fan.

vCash
    in terms of fantasy value cam is top 6 in the league.
    I know a lot of QB's are above more valuable players in fantasy, but the numbers don't lie.
    Also... Anyone that watches a panthers game knows their running game is what's killing them. Cam's doing what the coaches have been preaching all season and it's not working. The option is run entirely too much and it seems like every handoff is a delay. We burn more time running the ball while picking up fewer yards than anyone in the league! that's why we lose games.
    Lastly, we aren't playing to the deangelo's strengths which is why he is having a down year. Just hand him the ball with no delay or option and he's good for 5+ yards. Stewart has been hurt , but reliable this year, but he splits too many snaps with deangelo. Mike tolbert has quietly been the panthers best option, but we put too much attention on deangelo and stewart to emphasize tolbert's potential.
    Cam also doesn't have the dual tight end threat he had last year. And anyone that tells me shockey was garbage last year is a fool. I personally feel like not getting him back was a big mistake. He moved the chains a ton and was as much of a big play receiver as smith or olsen was last year. Look at the tape. He and olsen were the reason why our offense was spectacular with Cam last year.

Cam haters beware, he is just getting started. I am not promising Super Bowls, but I am promising he'll be a starter and perennial pro-bowler for a very very long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThornMo View Post
    in terms of fantasy value cam is top 6 in the league.
    I know a lot of QB's are above more valuable players in fantasy, but the numbers don't lie.
    Also... Anyone that watches a panthers game knows their running game is what's killing them. Cam's doing what the coaches have been preaching all season and it's not working. The option is run entirely too much and it seems like every handoff is a delay. We burn more time running the ball while picking up fewer yards than anyone in the league! that's why we lose games.
    Lastly, we aren't playing to the deangelo's strengths which is why he is having a down year. Just hand him the ball with no delay or option and he's good for 5+ yards. Stewart has been hurt , but reliable this year, but he splits too many snaps with deangelo. Mike tolbert has quietly been the panthers best option, but we put too much attention on deangelo and stewart to emphasize tolbert's potential.
    Cam also doesn't have the dual tight end threat he had last year. And anyone that tells me shockey was garbage last year is a fool. I personally feel like not getting him back was a big mistake. He moved the chains a ton and was as much of a big play receiver as smith or olsen was last year. Look at the tape. He and olsen were the reason why our offense was spectacular with Cam last year.

Cam haters beware, he is just getting started. I am not promising Super Bowls, but I am promising he'll be a starter and perennial pro-bowler for a very very long time.
    If he doesn't start winning he won't be a starter for long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrphilly View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but is this a thread about not liking a guy on TV's personality? Who gives a damn, you dont really know him, his personality means nothing, unless you are dating him. I hate a lot of players, but i dont make threads about it, because I know my reasons are as silly as yours.
    let's just never talk about any athlete's personality then, no matter how controversial or interesting

vCash
    I agree and disagree. He came out smoking hot last year its hard to be young and humble.Now that is started falling apart its hard to be young and handle failing.

Its a double edge sword but hopefully he will grow up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtr...ebration_sport
    ^^^^are you going to tell me this didnt happen....23-0 at home and hes doing his superman ********...that **** is dumb...its happened multiple times this year that hes celebrating meaningless achievements while your losing.

Mike never sulked a day in his life.

then after the giants game, he says this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY_Z-MKuXYo

and then lets not forget this gem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlub...ture=endscreen

panther fans will see what they want to see, a lot of the other fans around the league see something very different
    1. That was stupid, but it was a TD, not a first down.

2. Michael Jordan never sulked? What are you, 10 years old?

3. What is wrong with anything he said after the Giants game?

4. Still don't see anything wrong with that. He's seeking answers like the rest of us. Heck, he took blame first in that statement.

If he doesn't start winning he won't be a starter for long.
    How many times do people have to tell you that wins are a function of a team, not one player, before it gets through your ****ing skull?
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast