Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are you sick of Cam Newton?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 53.33%
  • No

28 46.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

I'm tired of Cam Newton.

Okay so when Cam came out I was the loudest guy in the room calling BUSSTTT, but after his first season I quickly stopped my quick judgement, but after the last year of negative reports I'm sick of him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-2012-pro-bowl

I know it's just a dumb article about a guy who didn't even put his name on it, but come on. Act like you don't believe. This kid has been big headed ever since he entered the league. He was telling people he was NFL ready right after the National Championship. Then he goes out and sells his autograph for 400 dollars, but refuses to do a fan signing at the Pro Bowl?

I hope he gets it together, but as of right now I'm sick of Cam Newton.

vCash
    Boowhoo. Who cares, well see in a couplemore years if cam is legit or was last year a fluke, he isnt a bust but having a pathetic record and a pathetic year is humbling so im sure hell change his attitude. Or he better or hell be another guy with good talent but never amounted to anything. Your tired of bewton like you actuslly see him everyday lol. If your saying you wont watch anymore games he plays in your geeking.

vCash
    well any Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa fans have already been sick of him. It's got absolutely nothing to do with his play, that should be judged and praised/criticized on its own merit.

I think 95% of people who have a problem with Cam have a problem cuz hes such a douche. I personally loved watching him at Auburn, was a little iffy when he went to a division rival but whatever and last year he did fine. His sulking, the towel hoodie, his over-the-top antics and post game press conferences are completely out of control.

If I was a Carolina fan and I saw my QB going all crazy about a first down when were getting blown out, I would ****ing flip. Hes an *******, and his moves are tired. You wanna be Superman, go win something, do something. Hes done nothing in the NFL except put up some above average numbers, so did Vinny Testaverde big deal.

Young man has his priorities really messed up, I dont know what it would take for him to really get it.

BWALL & QUIK FIX THIS MESS
    PSD Mock Draft

1. Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
    2. Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
    3. Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    5. Ego Ferguson DT LSU
    5. Marquis Spruill LB Syracuse
    6. Russell Bodine G/C North Carolina

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Okay so when Cam came out I was the loudest guy in the room calling BUSSTTT, but after his first season I quickly stopped my quick judgement, but after the last year of negative reports I'm sick of him.

I know it's just a dumb article about a guy who didn't even put his name on it, but come on. Act like you don't believe. This kid has been big headed ever since he entered the league. He was telling people he was NFL ready right after the National Championship. Then he goes out and sells his autograph for 400 dollars, but refuses to do a fan signing at the Pro Bowl?

1. I guess you didn't see the thread about the autographs here on PSD where I blew that stupid little argument to shreds. That was set up by a marketing company that Cam signed with, one that has multiple clients across multiple sports.

2. He was NFL-ready right after the National Championship. Looked pretty damn good to me in 2011 with very little training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    well any Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa fans have already been sick of him. It's got absolutely nothing to do with his play, that should be judged and praised/criticized on its own merit.

I think 95% of people who have a problem with Cam have a problem cuz hes such a douche. I personally loved watching him at Auburn, was a little iffy when he went to a division rival but whatever and last year he did fine. His sulking, the towel hoodie, his over-the-top antics and post game press conferences are completely out of control.

If I was a Carolina fan and I saw my QB going all crazy about a first down when were getting blown out, I would ****ing flip. Hes an *******, and his moves are tired. You wanna be Superman, go win something, do something. Hes done nothing in the NFL except put up some above average numbers, so did Vinny Testaverde big deal.

Young man has his priorities really messed up, I dont know what it would take for him to really get it.
    1. Michael Jordan did the towel thing too. Man, he was a pretentious douche who couldn't win anything either, right?

2. What about the post game press conferences are out of control? They seem pretty tame to me.

3. He's never "gone crazy" over a first down. You're overreacting.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    1. I guess you didn't see the thread about the autographs here on PSD where I blew that stupid little argument to shreds. That was set up by a marketing company that Cam signed with, one that has multiple clients across multiple sports.

2. He was NFL-ready right after the National Championship. Looked pretty damn good to me in 2011 with very little training camp.

1. Michael Jordan did the towel thing too. Man, he was a pretentious douche who couldn't win anything either, right?

2. What about the post game press conferences are out of control? They seem pretty tame to me.

3. He's never "gone crazy" over a first down. You're overreacting.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtr...ebration_sport
    ^^^^are you going to tell me this didnt happen....23-0 at home and hes doing his superman ********...that **** is dumb...its happened multiple times this year that hes celebrating meaningless achievements while your losing.

Mike never sulked a day in his life.

then after the giants game, he says this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY_Z-MKuXYo

and then lets not forget this gem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlub...ture=endscreen

panther fans will see what they want to see, a lot of the other fans around the league see something very different

BWALL & QUIK FIX THIS MESS
    PSD Mock Draft

1. Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
    2. Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
    3. Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    5. Ego Ferguson DT LSU
    5. Marquis Spruill LB Syracuse
    6. Russell Bodine G/C North Carolina

vCash
    Correct me if I am wrong, but is this a thread about not liking a guy on TV's personality? Who gives a damn, you dont really know him, his personality means nothing, unless you are dating him. I hate a lot of players, but i dont make threads about it, because I know my reasons are as silly as yours.

vCash
    Cam is superman, He should act better.. Afterall hes been getting paid for football for 10 years lol

vCash
    Cam is irrelevant. Let me know when he starts making players around him better and winning games. The guy is neither a winner or a leader. 1 win against a .500 team or better and that was houston last year when Schaub and Johnson didn't play.

vCash
    Yeah.. That celebrating on a first down losing by more than a possession is stupid.. Cam needs go to those charity golf tournaments and talk to guys like Brady, Rodgers and Brees.. True leaders.

vCash
    He has yet to make one bad commercial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtr...ebration_sport
    ^^^^are you going to tell me this didnt happen....23-0 at home and hes doing his superman ********...that **** is dumb...its happened multiple times this year that hes celebrating meaningless achievements while your losing.

Mike never sulked a day in his life.

then after the giants game, he says this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY_Z-MKuXYo

and then lets not forget this gem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlub...ture=endscreen

panther fans will see what they want to see, a lot of the other fans around the league see something very different
    A. It was a touchdown not a first down HUGEEEE difference.

B. 23-0 with more than half the 3rd and the entire fourth to go is not a blowout by any means. Yet alone the fact that it was 23-7 merely seconds after.

C. He is verbally displaying he is upset, but is he saying his team ****ing sucks and he wants out of Carolina? No, is he *****ing and being immature like most young rookies thrown into the fire do? Yes he is.

D. Lol mike has never sulked... That's funny.

vCash
    Love Cam Newton. He's 23...the maturity and leadership will come with age.

vCash
    No, I'm not sick of Cam Newton one bit. I'm sick of the constant negative articles that get posted every week to get easy hits/comments. Newton hasn't done **** to warrant a bad article in weeks, if not months, yet they still write them on a weekly basis. And now this one of an alleged pro bowl player who for whatever reason waited almost a year to make these claims? Bull-****.

Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post

The autograph thing is stupid. Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and just about every other big-named player does the EXACT same thing. I don't know why Newton got critiqued for it, but the same day he was signing them, Bo Jackson was there beside him. It's a deal the player makes with the company. He still does autographs at training camp, and from what I've heard, almost always does them for kids.

It could just be the fact that I actually watch Newton every week, but I don't see how he's big-headed. If anything he's a goof-ball. Every interview he's had has been 100% truth and unless you like a QB who enjoys losing, he's had the kind of interviews I'd expect from a competitive QB.

I just don't get how Newton gets ragged on for **** that other QBs do. Everyone always -ALWAYS- makes the comment "Cam needs to be more like Peyton Manning, durrrr". Am I the only person in the universe who's seen Peyton melt down and blame every teammate on his ****ing roster for losing? Newton has NEVER thrown another player under the bus. He always shares blame with the team, even in games where he clearly wasn't the reason they loss.

Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    Yeah.. That celebrating on a first down losing by more than a possession is stupid.. Cam needs go to those charity golf tournaments and talk to guys like Brady, Rodgers and Brees.. True leaders.
    What does a charity golf tournament have to do with a damn thing? If you're implying that Newton isn't charitable, he has his own charity foundation that has dumped tons of money into schools in NC.
    Last edited by manbearchef; 12-05-2012 at 10:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No, I'm not sick of Cam Newton one bit. I'm sick of the constant negative articles that get posted every week to get easy hits/comments. Newton hasn't done **** to warrant a bad article in weeks, if not months, yet they still write them on a weekly basis. And now this one of an alleged pro bowl player who for whatever reason waited almost a year to make these claims? Bull-****.

The autograph thing is stupid. Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and just about every other big-named player does the EXACT same thing. I don't know why Newton got critiqued for it, but the same day he was signing them, Bo Jackson was there beside him. It's a deal the player makes with the company. He still does autographs at training camp, and from what I've heard, almost always does them for kids.

It could just be the fact that I actually watch Newton every week, but I don't see how he's big-headed. If anything he's a goof-ball. Every interview he's had has been 100% truth and unless you like a QB who enjoys losing, he's had the kind of interviews I'd expect from a competitive QB.

I just don't get how Newton gets ragged on for **** that other QBs do. Everyone always -ALWAYS- makes the comment "Cam needs to be more like Peyton Manning, durrrr". Am I the only person in the universe who's seen Peyton melt down and blame every teammate on his ****ing roster for losing? Newton has NEVER thrown another player under the bus. He always shares blame with the team, even in games where he clearly wasn't the reason they loss.

What does a charity golf tournament have to do with a damn thing? If you're implying that Newton isn't charitable, he has his own charity foundation that has dumped tons of money into schools in NC.
    Agree he hasn't done ****. And Newton isn't Brees, Manning or Rodgers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast