Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Does advanced stats, especiallty efficiency, etc, determine true relevance to most valuable player to a team and league

does sidekicks factor

just curious, very

vCash
    ^Wasn't much of a sentence there.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    I think the general consensus among NBA fans was that it was Shaq in 2000 and Kobe didn't really come into form as a legit top 2-3 player in the league until the next season in 2000-2001. I think Game 4 @ IND of the 2000 Finals catapulted Kobe to that next level, and he never looked back from that point on.

There was a huge improvement from Kobe's 4th season in 99-00 (remember, he missed the first 15 games of that season with a broken right hand yet was still shooting one-handed shots during practice with his off left-hand in his time off) to the next yr in 2001. So Kobe missing that many games already to begin the season is where his MVP chances took a hit that season.
    Why is BEAN the only so called top 10 player ever to get off in his 5th season, or be a top 2-3 player yr5? he came to life and catapulted himself in 2000 Finals with a superstar avg of 15ppg?wow, the same 15ppg he avg to start in the Allstar game(his very first one)...one thing for sure is i do admire your passion to elevate his 'backup' status....just look at what you type and you'll see how comical the **** is....so he improved from 1998 15ppg to 2000 Finals avg of 15ppg? to now alltime top 5? now go look at that and think is that the stats of a 'backup' type or a franchisetype, i mean this **** aint rocket science..

he didnt elevate nothing,he scored more playing more minutes..his wannabe JORDAN game has always been there, so i dont see the big deal then and i definitely dont see it now, whats the big deal about a backup type? nevermind he plays for the LAKERS where everybody is a big deal,hollywood style

i recall PENNY/SHAQ combo was 'equal' right offtop, go look at that FINALS against HOU/DREAM...PENNY did damage even though it was a sweep just as equal as SHAQ did, he didnt wait to develop..nobody does if you're top 5-10 ever, its there....i can only imagine had EDDIE JONES won 3 rings in LAKERLAND, or someone like a MITCH RICHMOND just so i could see how much top 10 talk they would have received...and MITCH was regarded by the general consensus back then as the no2 SG behind JORDAN, DREXLER also included..but MITCH got no love because he didnt win the 'ring' right? BEAN is a overglorified PIPP/RICHMOND type, nothing wrong with that

but at least i give ya one thing, hes consistent, because he avg 25ppg for his career, and also 25ppg in playoffs where you supposed to 'elevate' your scoring game, ala JORDAN

of course its a huge improvement when you go from 7ppg to 28ppg, or maybe its just because your playing time increased, you know like 'developing' players do right? the thing is 'superstar' players dont go from that type of jump, they usually showcase they skill and drop 20-30ppg right off top, not 7ppg..but what do i know, i just watch and repeat what i hear from those who know have played the game, outside the media circle box...non fraternity bias

JORDAN got hurt his 2nd season right? and came back and dropped like 22ppg after dropping 28ppg as a rookie 84-85 season, so i dont want to hear about BEAN hand in 2000(4th yr in), he avg 7ppg as a rookie..same as PIPP,who also 'developed' right? or am i missing something...and just to think PIPP is a top 50 player of alltime, so yeah BEAN is a top 50 player of alltime also, this top 5-10 is comical
    Last edited by 3RDASYSTEM; 02-02-2013 at 07:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RDASYSTEM View Post
    Why is BEAN the only so called top 10 player ever to get off in his 5th season, or be a top 2-3 player yr5? he came to life and catapulted himself in 2000 Finals with a superstar avg of 15ppg?wow, the same 15ppg he avg to start in the Allstar game(his very first one)...one thing for sure is i do admire your passion to elevate his 'backup' status....just look at what you type and you'll see how comical the **** is....so he improved from 1998 15ppg to 2000 Finals avg of 15ppg? to now alltime top 5? now go look at that and think is that the stats of a 'backup' type or a franchisetype, i mean this **** aint rocket science..

he didnt elevate nothing,he scored more playing more minutes..his wannabe JORDAN game has always been there, so i dont see the big deal then and i definitely dont see it now, whats the big deal about a backup type? nevermind he plays for the LAKERS where everybody is a big deal,hollywood style

i recall PENNY/SHAQ combo was 'equal' right offtop, go look at that FINALS against HOU/DREAM...PENNY did damage even though it was a sweep just as equal as SHAQ did, he didnt wait to develop..nobody does if you're top 5-10 ever, its there....i can only imagine had EDDIE JONES won 3 rings in LAKERLAND, or someone like a MITCH RICHMOND just so i could see how much top 10 talk they would have received...and MITCH was regarded by the general consensus back then as the no2 SG behind JORDAN, DREXLER also included..but MITCH got no love because he didnt win the 'ring' right? BEAN is a overglorified PIPP/RICHMOND type, nothing wrong with that

but at least i give ya one thing, hes consistent, because he avg 25ppg for his career, and also 25ppg in playoffs where you supposed to 'elevate' your scoring game, ala JORDAN

of course its a huge improvement when you go from 7ppg to 28ppg, or maybe its just because your playing time increased, you know like 'developing' players do right? the thing is 'superstar' players dont go from that type of jump, they usually showcase they skill and drop 20-30ppg right off top, not 7ppg..but what do i know, i just watch and repeat what i hear from those who know have played the game, outside the media circle box...non fraternity bias

JORDAN got hurt his 2nd season right? and came back and dropped like 22ppg after dropping 28ppg as a rookie 84-85 season, so i dont want to hear about BEAN hand in 2000(4th yr in), he avg 7ppg as a rookie..same as PIPP,who also 'developed' right? or am i missing something...and just to think PIPP is a top 50 player of alltime, so yeah BEAN is a top 50 player of alltime also, this top 5-10 is comical
    We don't want your college essay.

vCash
    Tony Parker top 3 MVP candidate so far?

vCash
    CurryThompsonDuo

Best back court in the NBA.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    CurryThompsonDuo

Best back court in the NBA.
    Might not be the best, but definitely a very fun team to watch.
    Future Ace

vCash
    Durant
    LBJ
    Melo

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    Tony Parker top 3 MVP candidate so far?
    No.
    Durant
    Bron
    Cp3
    Melo
    The rest. Also I think Duncan is more valuable then Parker IMO.
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    The Clippers have kinda sucked without CP3 (2-4 without him). By CP3 being injured, he's pretty much helping his case for MVP with how the Clippers have played in his absence.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    The Clippers have kinda sucked without CP3 (2-4 without him). By CP3 being injured, he's pretty much helping his case for MVP with how the Clippers have played in his absence.
    +10000000

He's been my pick for MVP for months now, if he stays out too long the Clippers will find them self's going downward to the 4-6th seed.

“If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit. Never quit!!!”
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    They're 5-4 total with out him. They won the first three games without him. 7 of them have been on the road.

It does help his case....but he has now missed 9 games, which is 1/9th of the season. If he misses any more time, regardless of how poorly they do without him, that's gonna hurt his chances more than them sucking without him will.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    The reason LAC suck without Paul is because their entire team is full of players who can't create their shot. They are just missing a PG to facilitate. He is not even close to LBJ/Durant's league..

vCash
    KD
    Lebron
    CP3

Thats the top 3, the 2nd half should decide the winner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    The reason LAC suck without Paul is because their entire team is full of players who can't create their shot. They are just missing a PG to facilitate. He is not even close to LBJ/Durant's league..
    MVP stands for most valuable player. He doesn't have to be in their league when he has been more valuable.
    3 time sim league Champion

Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast