Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yeah, if hes holding back then it better reveal itself in the playoffs. Personally, IF hes holding back, it wont be by much. He himself admits to not be holding back but thats what I would expect him to say.
    the only thing kd does better than lebron is shooting.

the kd and lebron comparison is not even close. if you think kd is close to lebron you should find another sport to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellisgw View Post
    the only thing kd does better than lebron is shooting.

the kd and lebron comparison is not even close. if you think kd is close to lebron you should find another sport to watch.
    Shooting or more specifically, putting up PTS is very important so thats pretty good place to be better than someone.

If you think its not a close matchup, you can keep watching the sport, but you should definitely stop commenting on it.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    KD can only shoot better than lebron, there is nothing else. lebron brings way more value to a team.

1. plays multiple positions on offense and defense
    2. better playmaker
    3. better passer
    3. better finisher
    4. more athletic
    5. better defender

KD only has shooting/FT

How is it close when every single GM would pick lebron first to start a team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellisgw View Post
    KD can only shoot better than lebron, there is nothing else. lebron brings way more value to a team.

1. plays multiple positions on offense and defense
    2. better playmaker
    3. better passer
    3. better finisher
    4. more athletic
    5. better defender

KD only has shooting/FT
    He brings more versatility, not more value. For example, Scottie Pippen was a better rebounder, facilitator, and in many of their years together, a better defender than Michael Jordan. All MJ had on him was that he was the most unstopable offensive player of all time, not the best shooter/passer, but the best combination of scoring+playmaking+efficiency of All-Time. Scottie Pippen is one of the most versatile 2-way players of all time, it doesn't make him better than guys who could score at will at GOAT levels of efficiency. Bron is like a suped up version of Scottie Pippen and Durant is a suped up version of Tayshaun/Tmac.

How is it close when every single GM would pick lebron first to start a team?
    Can you prove that? Would they change their minds if Durant continues at this pace? I think so, he is younger.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Who said KD was better offensive player than lebron...... All he does is shoot more. Jordan has a way more diverse game than pippen. The only thing pippen had on jordan was defense.

vCash
    nba.com
    Jan. 25 -- With no concrete criteria to use as a guideline, we're left to our own subjectivity and various statistical devices to determine the names on our ballots for the NBA's Most Valuable Player Award.

For some of us, that means weighing a player's individual statistics, his team's overall success and whatever thoughts we have about his game, character and performances before putting him on the ballot.

That means each voter brings a unique perspective to the process, a painstaking affair that we go through every week here on the Kia Race to the MVP Ladder (which has a new No. 1 this week). But this is a debate that rages daily around the NBA world, and I mean literally around the world.

And the view from afar, using the formula of Fergus McFarlane from Canberra, Australia, is an interesting one.

Hey Sekou,

I'd just like to throw my support behind one MVP candidate. So if you'll stay with me, let me propose the following for two "players:"

Player A: in 38.5 mpg, he collects 26.3 pts, 8.1 boards, 7.0 assists, 1.7 steals, 0.9 blocks whilst shooting 55% from the field, 40% from three, 73% from the stripe and commits 2.8 turnovers a game.

Player B: in 39.7 mpg, he collects 29.5 pts, 8.4 boards, 8.2 assists, 1.9 steals, 2.8 blocks whilst shooting 56% from the field, 41.7% from three, 91% from the stripe and commits 3.3 turnovers.

Despite the difference in blocks, I'm sure you will agree that player A and player B are pretty much identical stats-wise. As I'm sure you know, Player A is none other than your current (as of last Wednesday) MVP leader, LeBron James.

Player B, on the other hand, is the output you would receive if you took the leading statistical categories from the big three of the Oklahoma City Thunder. The minutes, points, 3-point percentage, free-throw percentage and turnovers are Kevin Durant's stats. The assists and steals are Russell Westbrook's and the rebounds, blocks and field goal percentage are Serge Ibaka's.*

While I can appreciate the team success OKC is experiencing, how can anyone in the media say LeBron James is not the MVP when his statistics are on par with the contributions of the Thunder's big three?

Now, surely, the media understands that the Thunder, on paper, are a more traditionally structured team and therefore better placed for regular season success. But as long as the Heat continue to win (they're on a 55-win pace), I don't see why LeBron should be denied a fourth MVP in five years because the media enjoys fresh stories. Give credit where credit is due and give the man what he rightly deserves!
    wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    nba.com

wow.
    yeah i read that too. lol pretty impressive. and pretty impressive on that person who wrote the letter to point those stats out

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Doesn't matter, Durant still has better stats than LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    curious question.. who are your top 5 nba players currently [this season only]
    Durant
    Lebron

Those two are far and away in a league of their own.

Chris Paul
    Tim Duncan

My next two, with a solid cushion.

The the fifth spot would go to either Kobe, Westbrook, Melo, Harden, or Parker.

(Based off this season alone).

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    It's obvious Durant is the second best player in the game. It's obvious LeBron is going to pass the torch to him. It's also obvious that LeBron is the best player.

C'mon, stop the garbage. LeBron does more for his team than any other player. He has to defend the best player, rebound the ball, pass the ball, score with the ball, and arguably the best leader in NBA. Durant is a better shooter and better at free throws.

If you were starting a team, you would want a player who can do it all. Durant still hasn't reached that point. Until Durant can play elite defense and become a better leader, he is not ahead of LeBron. Stats show that they are close but watching the game, you take LeBron out and Miami starts losing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    nba.com

wow.
    Now lets take Miami's best players in TS%, Win Shares, Offensive Rating, Defensive Rating, and WS/48 and compare that to KD.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Now lets take Miami's best players in TS%, Win Shares, Offensive Rating, Defensive Rating, and WS/48 and compare that to KD.
    Who was the best player in 2005-2006 and 1993-1994?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Exactly. Not to mention that KD is comparable or better than Lebron in multiple of the categories listed that other Thunder players actually lead in. Let's not pretend that Lebron would post the same assist totals in place of KD on the Thunder, either.

The post made impressive points on the surface, until you actually look into it for a moment.

vCash
    So right now you would say Durant is better than Lebron overall?

vCash
    This season, yes. It's a virtual wash, but KD's team success gives him the nod.

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast