Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Durant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    MVP doesn't mean best player in the NBA. It means MVP. Best combo of impact, stats and wins.

So I have it
    1. Durant
    2. James
    3. Duncan
    4. Paul

Nobody else is really in the discussion at this point.
    So 6 more wins equate to the amount of impact and stats LeBron has over Durant? LeBron has more impact in the game than any other player because he's just a better player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    So 6 more wins equate to the amount of impact and stats LeBron has over Durant? LeBron has more impact in the game than any other player because he's just a better player.
    Winning is probably the #1 thing in MVP voting. Statistically Durant is performing at a similar if not higher level than James.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Winning is probably the #1 thing in MVP voting. Statistically Durant is performing at a similar if not higher level than James.
    How is Durant playing similar or higher than James? Stats prove otherwise. The fact is LeBron can rebound, pass, and defend better than Durant while still averaging a high amount of points with an amazing FG%. If LeBron wanted to score more, he can certainly become the leading scorer.

Winning is the most important thing in MVP voting. However, 6 wins isn't enough of a difference. Miami is the best team in the Eastern Conference and that certainly means something. The day LeBron loses in MVP voting is the day fans get tired of voting and seeing the same MVP winner.

vCash
    How is Durant playing similar or higher than James? Stats prove otherwise. The fact is LeBron can rebound, pass, and defend better than Durant while still averaging a high amount of points with an amazing FG%. If LeBron wanted to score more, he can certainly become the leading scorer.

Winning is the most important thing in MVP voting. However, 6 wins isn't enough of a difference. Miami is the best team in the Eastern Conference and that certainly means something. The day LeBron loses in MVP voting is the day fans get tired of voting and seeing the same MVP winner.
    Advanced statistics my man. KD and Lebron are neck and neck statistically, and therefore the team record puts Durant over Lebron.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Advanced statistics my man. KD and Lebron are neck and neck statistically, and therefore the team record puts Durant over Lebron.
    LeBron:

55 FG%
    8.2 RPG
    7.1 APG
    1.6 SPG
    .9 BPG
    26.5 PPG

Durant
    52 FG%
    7.4 RPG
    4.4 APG
    1.6 SPG
    1.3 BPG
    29.6 PPG

Those stats aren't neck and neck. It's clearly visible that James outplays Durant in every aspect of the game except BPG.

Advanced statistics also show LeBron is +2 compared to Durant. +2 is the difference between Durant and Carmelo. Are you telling me Durant=Carmelo?

The winning record of the team plays a huge role but not to the point where 5 wins dictates that. It's about the impact the player has on the team and LeBron is certainly that player any coach would choose.

vCash
    For me it's Durant in first, CP3 2nd and LBJ 3rd.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Really depends on how you view the award, if its the best overall player that season or the guy most valuable to his teams success. If its best overall player then its Lebron pretty easily if the other that's when the argument starts.

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    LeBron:

55 FG%
    8.2 RPG
    7.1 APG
    1.6 SPG
    .9 BPG
    26.5 PPG

Durant
    52 FG%
    7.4 RPG
    4.4 APG
    1.6 SPG
    1.3 BPG
    29.6 PPG

Those stats aren't neck and neck. It's clearly visible that James outplays Durant in every aspect of the game except BPG.

Advanced statistics also show LeBron is +2 compared to Durant. +2 is the difference between Durant and Carmelo. Are you telling me Durant=Carmelo?

The winning record of the team plays a huge role but not to the point where 5 wins dictates that. It's about the impact the player has on the team and LeBron is certainly that player any coach would choose.
    Looks neck and neck to me, especially when you consider their overall efficiency. Id say Durant is having the better year, Ive never seen someone score so effortlessly/effectively as he has this year. Im starting to believe the hype

vCash
    LeBron:

55 FG%
    8.2 RPG
    7.1 APG
    1.6 SPG
    .9 BPG
    26.5 PPG

Durant
    52 FG%
    7.4 RPG
    4.4 APG
    1.6 SPG
    1.3 BPG
    29.6 PPG

Well:

1. Like I said, check the advanced statistics. They actually favor Durant in almost every way.

2. Those aren't favoring Lebron as much as you're making them out to.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    LeBron:

55 FG%
    8.2 RPG
    7.1 APG
    1.6 SPG
    .9 BPG
    26.5 PPG

Durant
    52 FG%
    7.4 RPG
    4.4 APG
    1.6 SPG
    1.3 BPG
    29.6 PPG

Ocean, you have a ton to learn about stats. And even with the ones you posted, how are those not close (nevermind you used standard FG% without FT or accounting for 3's taken, so it's about half the battle as it relates to scoring efficiency... which Durant is significantly higher in, and that's on 3+ more points per game). You're kind of embarrassing yourself here. Also, what +2 are you talking about? There's a ton of advanced metrics dude. Be clear.

If you go by Hollinger's VORP (value over replacement player) KD rates 477 to Lebron's 445 (next closest is Kobe at 315 followed by Cp3 at 294), and his EWA (Estimated wins added) has KD #1 at 15.9 to Lebron's 14.8 (next being Kobe around 10). In WS/48 KD is at #1 at .305, Lebron 3rd at .280. Overall win shares same story. Durant #1 by about 20% over the next best.

Combine the closeness of their stats with the fact that they both have stacked rosters, yet Durant's team has a fairly sizable cushion over the Heat record wise in a much tougher conference and it's fairly clear to me that the edge goes to KD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Looks neck and neck to me, especially when you consider their overall efficiency. Id say Durant is having the better year, Ive never seen someone score so effortlessly/effectively as he has this year. Im starting to believe the hype
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Ocean, you have a ton to learn about stats. And even with the ones you posted, how are those not close (nevermind you used standard FG% without FT or accounting for 3's taken, so it's about half the battle as it relates to scoring efficiency... which Durant is significantly higher in, and that's on 3+ more points per game). You're kind of embarrassing yourself here. Also, what +2 are you talking about? There's a ton of advanced metrics dude. Be clear.

If you go by Hollinger's VORP (value over replacement player) KD rates 477 to Lebron's 445 (next closest is Kobe at 315 followed by Cp3 at 294), and his EWA (Estimated wins added) has KD #1 at 15.9 to Lebron's 14.8 (next being Kobe around 10). In WS/48 KD is at #1 at .305, Lebron 3rd at .280. Overall win shares same story. Durant #1 by about 20% over the next best.

Combine the closeness of their stats with the fact that they both have stacked rosters, yet Durant's team has a fairly sizable cushion over the Heat record wise in a much tougher conference and it's fairly clear to me that the edge goes to KD.
    How crazy is it that we're starting to talk about Durant' stats now being on Lebron's level.

I mean I've always been a Durant homer, but have very willingly admitted that Lebron was head and shoulders above everyone else on the planet. But KD is already starting to put up Lebron numbers now at age 24. Scary.

vCash

The fact that you included FT% and three point percentage is irrelevant. It all falls down to FG% and PPG. Durant has the lead in FT%, that will mean he scores more. Three pointer will fall to Durant because he's a shooter. That's like saying Durant is better than Shaq because he can shoot threes. No one is forcing him to shoot threes.

What does EWA have anything to do with it? OKC has a better roster than Miami, that's not a lie.

+2 in terms of PER. I thought that was clear since I quoted what he was referring to.

You guys are using meaningless stats that are team achievements to prove your case. Use individual stats and watch the games. You'll see LeBron has to do more.

There's a reason why Karl Malone won MVP when MJ was playing light years better than him. The fans just get tired of it.

vCash

The fact that you included FT% and three point percentage is irrelevant. It all falls down to FG% and PPG. Durant has the lead in FT%, that will mean he scores more. Three pointer will fall to Durant because he's a shooter. That's like saying Durant is better than Shaq because he can shoot threes. No one is forcing him to shoot threes.

What does EWA have anything to do with it? OKC has a better roster than Miami, that's not a lie.

+2 in terms of PER. I thought that was clear since I quoted what he was referring to.

You guys are using meaningless stats that are team achievements to prove your case. Use individual stats and watch the games. You'll see LeBron has to do more.

There's a reason why Karl Malone won MVP when MJ was playing light years better than him. The fans just get tired of it.

vCash

PER? Okay first of all, Durant's PER is 29.3, Lebron's is 30.3. My mathz has that as 1.

Win Shares is like PER in that it's based on box-score stats, only it attempts to account for the whole game by taking defensive stats into consideration. Has nothing to do with a team stat. Durant > Lebron here. And no, comparing Lebron and KD in terms of TS% is nothing like comparing them to Shaq. They are both SF's. Lebron is a fantastic shooter and shoots over 40% from three this year. Wtf are you talking about? The difference is that along with KD's ridiculous fieldgoal (including 3pt) shooting, he's also just about the best in the league at Free throws. A HUGE part of the game that Lebron simply isn't good at. And that matters if you're trying to win close games... a lot.

And of course the team record matters dude. Half of the voters conventional wisdom on this vote is "best player on best team". I love that we are to the point where people have to ramp up Lebron's case because his team of Ray Allen, D. Wade, Bosh 'n company is simply not up to par with the Thunder.

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast