Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1016
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,318
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    So you're essentially saying that Kobe is playing like the clear cut best player in the NBA. Can you make a decisive argument for him over KD and Lebron?

    Hint: Outlook not so good. .
    MVP doesn't always mean best player he's a big reason why the lakers record isn't even worse... U can make a case though that he's been playing like the best player in the league

    Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28,195
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    MVP doesn't always mean best player he's a big reason why the lakers record isn't even worse... U can make a case though that he's been playing like the best player in the league
    No you can't.

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    14,691
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    MVP doesn't always mean best player he's a big reason why the lakers record isn't even worse... U can make a case though that he's been playing like the best player in the league
    He's playing with the leagues best center and he's a top player, there's no pity points for that squad. They are terrible right now and he's a part of it whether that's fair or not. We've certainly seen players carry FAR worse squads to elite records. Cp3 and Lebron come to mind.

    So being that you're saying "if the Lakers had a better record he'd be the clear cut MVP", I'm asking how so? KD + Lebron both lead top teams, both have played far better defense than Kobe, and both have played better offensively. Numbers back them up. Kobe HAS definitely been awesome so far and deserves credit, but the bottom line is that both of these players have surpassed him and are playing at the top of their game, especially KD. Dude is putting up 27/8.6/4.4 with 1.5stls and 1.5blks on a TS% of 65%. That's incredible. #2 in PER to Lebron where they're both over 28, and he's #1 in Win Shares by a WIDE margin. Kobe's actually #2 at 3.78, KD's at 4.78. That isn't close. For Offensive rating KD's at 123... Kobe's never sniffed that even in his peak seasons.

    Kobe's playing like a top 5 player right now, but the gap is noticeable to the top 2.

    But hey by all means, let's hear your argument for him.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    MVP doesn't always mean best player he's a big reason why the lakers record isn't even worse... U can make a case though that he's been playing like the best player in the league
    and you say you're not a homer.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,318
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    and you say you're not a homer.
    Lol I am a homer just like everyone else I'm just not delusional I never said Kobe was the best player I said he can make a case for it

    Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    14,691
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Lol I am a homer just like everyone else I'm just not delusional I never said Kobe was the best player I said he can make a case for it
    Only apparently you can't.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,522
    vCash
    1500
    When Steve Nash comes back and he takes a sub .500 lottery team and turns them into a 55+ win team and a championship contender he wins his 3rd MVP right?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Actually, that is a fair and very interesting question to ask.

    What if it Nash comes back (in this system) with the 2 bigs getting healthier and Kobe being Kobe, does he not get some votes if he can catapult the Lakers from a sub-.500 ball club to maybe battling out for a top record in the West towards the end of the regular season?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,317
    vCash
    1500
    hey jb remember last years thread where you swore up and down lebron wouldn't win it lol

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28,195
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Actually, that is a fair and very interesting question to ask.

    What if it Nash comes back (in this system) with the 2 bigs getting healthier and Kobe being Kobe, does he not get some votes if he can catapult the Lakers from a sub-.500 ball club to maybe battling out for a top record in the West towards the end of the regular season?
    Not if OKC or Miami finish with a better record and the numbers stay the way they are.

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Only apparently you can't.
    "I watch games"


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,482
    vCash
    1500
    c........p........3
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,227
    vCash
    1500
    Carmelo is making a case for himself as a candidate.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,146
    vCash
    1500

    Official NBA Race to the MVP Thread

    Melo MVP Denver you just got #taped

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Based
    Posts
    7,895
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Carmelo is making a case for himself as a candidate.
    How? He wasn't good tonight besides the last 2 minutes? I really cannot see someone other than KD or LeBron winning it

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •