Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    furthermore, even if the Lakers turn it around at some point, their record will not be top 4-5 in the league, virtually guaranteeing Kobe has no shot at the MVP.
    I don't know if Durant should win the award simply because to an extent, Westbrook is basically canceling him out. Westbrook is having a career yr in scoring and assists.

You can't be the MVP if the 2nd best player isn't too far off from you.

LeBron was MVP last yr because Wade wasn't nearly having the dominant and stud type of season that Westbrook is having now as the second option to Durant.

It's like in 2001. They didn't give the MVP to Shaq (28.7 PPG) because Kobe was right behind him on that team at (28.5 PPG) as he made a 6.0 PPG jump from the previous season and was in the conversation as top 2 or 3 best player in the league.

So the NBA decided to give it to a guy who was #1 seed in the Weak East, leading the league in scoring at an inefficient rate and a guy who was doing everything by himself in Allen Iverson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    I don't know if Durant should win the award simply because to an extent, Westbrook is basically canceling him out. Westbrook is having a career yr in scoring and assists.

LeBron was MVP last yr because Wade wasn't nearly having the dominant and stud type of season that Westbrook is having now as the second option to Durant.

It's like in 2001. They didn't give the MVP to Shaq (28.7 PPG) because Kobe was right behind him on that team at (28.5 PPG) as he made a 6.0 PPG jump from the previous season and was in the conversation as top 2 or 3 best player in the league.

So the NBA decided to give it to a guy who was #1 seed in the Weak East, leading the league in scoring at an inefficient rate and a guy who was doing everything by himself in Allen Iverson.
    i don't think that really matters they'll give it to durant as long as his team keeps winning he keeps playing well. maybe if he had one already that may hold true i just don't see anyone taking it from him.

vCash
    Cp3.
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kb-pau-dh2012 View Post
    i don't know if durant should win the award simply because to an extent, westbrook is basically canceling him out. Westbrook is having a career yr in scoring and assists.

You can't be the mvp if the 2nd best player isn't too far off from you.

lebron was mvp last yr because wade wasn't nearly having the dominant and stud type of season that westbrook is having now as the second option to durant.

It's like in 2001. They didn't give the mvp to shaq (28.7 ppg) because kobe was right behind him on that team at (28.5 ppg) as he made a 6.0 ppg jump from the previous season and was in the conversation as top 2 or 3 best player in the league.

So the nba decided to give it to a guy who was #1 seed in the weak east, leading the league in scoring at an inefficient rate and a guy who was doing everything by himself in allen iverson.
    yup he gets sp much heat form the media its so unfair
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Just seems setup for Durantula to win (not saying it's rigged, more of a 'his time is now' thing). I'd be surprised if he didn't win it.
    Your sig...

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash

Durant is the new poster boy. Do you think any of your points matter if the Thunder lead the west in wins, which is likely?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Durant is the new poster boy. Do you think any of your points matter if the Thunder lead the west in wins, which is likely?
    So then you admit that the Maurice Podoloff League MVP award is nothing more than a sham? It's basically a popularity contest and nothing more. The criteria seems to change every yr for the media and the NBA gurus to hand out the award to the player they had already decided upon before the season even started.

Look at how the criteria has changed over the yrs:

The guy who makes his teammates better (the cliche): Steve Nash

Best player on BEst team: Dirk Nowitzki

The guy that does the most with the least with the best individual stats: LeBron James.

New poster boy and the next big thing: Kevin Durant

That's basically how the award changes from yr to yr.

I mean, WTF does Most Valuable even mean in today's sports?

The award has become a sham.

vCash
    Would it be "likely" if Durant were to sit out 20-25 games though?

Clearly a hypothetical being that Durant never misses games but you get my point...

Durant's MVP stance right now is clear cut and unquestionable from both a team and personal stance but let's wait 3-4 months to see if that stands. No point in arguing this now. It's Durant and the rest. Lebron has still been awesome, but KD caught up + some and his team is better.

vCash
    So then you admit that the Maurice Podoloff League MVP award is nothing more than a sham? It's basically a popularity contest and nothing more. The criteria seems to change every yr for the media and the NBA gurus to hand out the award to the player they had already decided upon before the season even started.

Look at how the criteria has changed over the yrs:

The guy who makes his teammates better (the cliche): Steve Nash

Best player on BEst team: Dirk Nowitzki

The guy that does the most with the least with the best individual stats: LeBron James.

New poster boy and the next big thing: Kevin Durant

That's basically how the award changes from yr to yr.

I mean, WTF does Most Valuable even mean in today's sports?

The award has become a sham.
    yes the mvp award is a media award pretty much a popularity contest if guys like boussard have a vote i mean .... lol

vCash
    Kobe would be the clear cut MVP right now if the lakers had even close to okc's or the clippers record but since the lakers ain't winning a lot of games so far he's getting no credit! If lakers finish with a top 3-4 record though he might have a chance to get it

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by THE GIPPER View Post
    Lakers 1-8 when Kobe scores 30 or more and 8-3 when he's under 30.
    That doesn't tell the whole story, I wish some people watched the games before just judging someone by looking at stats

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe would be the clear cut MVP right now if the lakers had even close to okc's or the clippers record but since the lakers ain't winning a lot of games so far he's getting no credit! If lakers finish with a top 3-4 record though he might have a chance to get it
    in the west or nba
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    So you're essentially saying that Kobe is playing like the clear cut best player in the NBA. Can you make a decisive argument for him over KD and Lebron?

Hint: Outlook not so good. .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    So you're essentially saying that Kobe is playing like the clear cut best player in the NBA. Can you make a decisive argument for him over KD and Lebron?

Hint: Outlook not so good. .
    Honestly, I as a Laker fan don't care about him getting the League MVP. I'm just happy that he got 1 in his career. But give me the Finals MVP trophy any day of the week. That's what puts up banners up at Staples.

After 17 yrs in the association, I'm just proud of how hard the guy works with such passion and zest. For his entire career he's been knocked for his shooting percentages (which career wise really aren't that bad for a perimeter player who the last half of his career has become so mid-range oriented).

He's shooting 49% from the field (Career is 45.5 and previous career high was just under 47%), he's shooting 39% from 3 pt range (career is about 33% and previous career high was 38%) and he's shooting 87% from the FT line (career is about 84% and previous career high was just under 87%).

He's leading the league in scoring at 28.5 PPG to go along with 5 boards, 5 dimes, and he's averaging the most steals per game (1.7) in 6 yrs since his 07-08 MVP campaign when he averaged 1.8 SPG. Doing all of this in 37 MPG.

I'm just really proud of him and hope he can keep this up and the team can improve as the season progresses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seikou8 View Post
    in the west or nba
    nba

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast