Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 1016
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,482
    vCash
    1500
    Um....




    CP3
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    hmm is this the same guy who calls people lebroninites???
    No, that's Nickdymez. I just used that once yesterday, and you know it was as a joke.

    And seriously, I enjoy having discussions with you guys here. I learn a little bit from everyone. Why do you think I post so much and come back on PSD everyday. I enjoy basketball discussions. All I ask is for some respect from guys like you and Chronz and a few worthy other posters here. That's all.


    I like to have a good time with the dancing emoticons and "Amnesty this or that" and the "You're Welcome" stuff, but I don't try to put anyone down like that as a result. I'm goofy in that way. That's just the way I am.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,936
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Sure, just go to www.basketballreference.com or any one of Haberstroh or Hollinger's articles, you can find everything in there. Like a player's PER when he takes 2 sips of Gatorade between the 1st and 2nd qtr, or when a player wears his headband in a certain way during the last 2 minutes of a game.
    Seriously is it that hard to admit you dont know of any comparable situation? Its fine if you just have this gut instinct that Blake will be so different than anyone of his stature all Im saying is that alil bit of supporting evidence couldn't hurt. Forgive me for expecting so much from you.

    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    I watched parts of last night's game and every game of Lakers vs Clippers, so that's what I based my assessment off of that. Of course I don't watch every Clippers game religiously like you do.
    So on average you prolly watch less than 10% of their games?

    It's like you having all these statistical references to bring down Kobe,
    I dont have statistical references to bring down anyone, I simply dont allow for misconceptions to exceed fact.

    but I'm sure YOU don't watch every Laker game like I do to know what's really going on.
    Put it this way, I watch the Lakers almost as much as I watch the Clippers. Personally, I get the feeling you dont watch us much, which wouldn't be a problem if you didn't say so many contradictory things that would be evident with even a modicum of statistical research.

    Im not asking for you to watch us play, frankly I dont think you even need to catch half of our games to know what our team is about, I think the bigger problem is you dont get our team from an analytical point of view. Your an emo fan
    Last edited by Chronz; 12-26-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

    Put it this way, I watch the Lakers almost as much as I watch the Clippers. Personally, I get the feeling you dont watch us much, which wouldn't be a problem if you didn't say so many contradictory things that would be evident with even a modicum of statistical research.
    Yes, I just admitted, I don't watch the Clippers as much. You're right, 10% sounds about right.

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,936
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Will it make bucketss and Chronz and the rest of you out there in TV Land happy to say that nobody is the MVP besides LeBron and that nobody in the future will ever win a League MVP as long as LeBron is in the league?
    But I have Durant as my MVP, and CP3 is my favorite player currently, so why would I have bias towards Bron when Im not even voting for him? See what happens when you generalize people and dismiss their posts because of an emoticon (even though you use them yourself).

    Okay, here it goes, LeBron big dick, oh oh so good, MVP every yr, PER King, Check my Stats Shirt, Better than Kobe, Better than His Airness, just the best. Mr. Naismith learned the game from his. Oh, and he has bigger dick than all of us. Oh so good. MMMmm, toasty!
    Your insecurities are showing
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

    Your insecurities are showing
    Uh-oh, not my insecurities!


    Do they make me look fat?

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,936
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    I'm no statistician or PER guru, so forgive me if I can't back up my stats from basketball reference.com.
    Who asked you to?

    I view the game differently from watching certain games and pointing out certain nuances and details and noticing certain patterns of a team or individual's game. That's MY VIEW. Doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong or illegitimate just because I don't have stats like you guys do.
    Heres the problem, nobody asked you to name numbers, I asked for a COMPARABLE SCENARIO. Who else have you SEEN go through this theory of yours? I know its just your opinion, Im not looking for anything concrete, just ANY EXAMPLE.

    I don't know how to assess things from a statistical perspective. I respect your guys' opinions, and so I expect you guys to respect mine, even if you don't agree with them. It's as simple as that.
    I only respect opinions with conviction behind them. You make preemptive excuses to avoid defending your stance.


    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Well, I do take offense, because posters like you and Chronz call others opinions ******** and end it there. A simple "I don't agree with you" will do, but no, you juvenile delinquents need to say "********" and throw out facepalms left and right. It becomes annoying and discouraging and then I think "Damn, why waste my time with these posters if they're just going to totally trash and degrade everything I say". It takes the fun out of things.
    A simple "I disagree" doesnt emphasize the sheer magnitude of our befuddlement. There are certain things that make you go

    And I've asked you about CP3 before in the Rondo thread, you didn't respond to that legitimate questioning so I added some spice in my next attempt.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    14,723
    vCash
    1500
    Here are the Clippers 5-Man Units, organized by most to least used:

    http://www.82games.com/1213/1213LAC2.HTM

    The first is the starters:

    Chris Paul - Willie Green - Caron Butler - Blake Griffin - D. Jordan.

    ^ Great offensive squad, so-so defensive squad.

    And then Bench:

    Eric Bledsoe - Jamal Crawford - Matt Barnes - Lamar Odom - R. Turiaf

    They've been very good offensively, and elite defensively. It's the reason why they're blowing teams out and it happens nearly every game once both teams hit their bench in the early 2nd + late 3rd quarter.

    And like I mentioned earlier, It's also the reason why Chris Paul is playing significantly less minutes than at any point in his career and why there has never been a league MVP play as few minutes as he has. The league MVP is KD or Bron followed by the Clippers bench. Then Cp3.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    No, that's Nickdymez. I just used that once yesterday, and you know it was as a joke.

    And seriously, I enjoy having discussions with you guys here. I learn a little bit from everyone. Why do you think I post so much and come back on PSD everyday. I enjoy basketball discussions. All I ask is for some respect from guys like you and Chronz and a few worthy other posters here. That's all.


    I like to have a good time with the dancing emoticons and "Amnesty this or that" and the "You're Welcome" stuff, but I don't try to put anyone down like that as a result. I'm goofy in that way. That's just the way I am.
    Actually I think that famous amos character coined the term.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,936
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Here are the Clippers 5-Man Units, organized by most to least used:

    http://www.82games.com/1213/1213LAC2.HTM

    The first is the starters:

    Chris Paul - Willie Green - Caron Butler - Blake Griffin - D. Jordan.

    ^ Great offensive squad, so-so defensive squad.

    And then Bench:

    Eric Bledsoe - Jamal Crawford - Matt Barnes - Lamar Odom - R. Turiaf

    They've been very good offensively, and elite defensively. It's the reason why they're blowing teams out and it happens nearly every game once both teams hit their bench in the early 2nd + late 3rd quarter.

    And like I mentioned earlier, It's also the reason why Chris Paul is playing significantly less minutes than at any point in his career and why there has never been a league MVP play as few minutes as he has. The league MVP is KD or Bron followed by the Clippers bench. Then Cp3.
    I cant tell if Vinnie is a genius or if hes stumbled upon a winning strategy by accident. Seems to me theres no reason for Willie to be playing this much, he really drags down most lineups. Could be a genius tactic to maximize his reserve lineups but these advantages become less influential in the playoffs. At some point I think he needs to find a way to play his best players more often. Which we are beginning to see with the CP3-Crawford-Barnes-Blake-DJ lineup. Less Caron is something I have been hoping for awhile now. We will need Caron in the playoffs, but for a regular season marathon, guys like Barnes are more valuable.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I cant tell if Vinnie is a genius or if hes stumbled upon a winning strategy by accident. Seems to me theres no reason for Willie to be playing this much, he really drags down most lineups. Could be a genius tactic to maximize his reserve lineups but these advantages become less influential in the playoffs. At some point I think he needs to find a way to play his best players more often. Which we are beginning to see with the CP3-Crawford-Barnes-Blake-DJ lineup. Less Caron is something I have been hoping for awhile now. We will need Caron in the playoffs, but for a regular season marathon, guys like Barnes are more valuable.
    i say he stumbled upon the winning strategy lol

    last year the clips were stacked as well, things couldnt mesh, however, new year with the improvement of chemistry, along with plugging in crawford, the clips look to be in prime position to come out of the west.


    LETS GO HEAT




  12. #432
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,936
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    i say he stumbled upon the winning strategy lol

    last year the clips were stacked as well, things couldnt mesh, however, new year with the improvement of chemistry, along with plugging in crawford, the clips look to be in prime position to come out of the west.
    Last year we didn't have Bledsoe for most of the year, we lost Billups at some point, we didn't have Barnes, and most importantly we didn't have Crawford.

    We were ok last year but we werent stacked. Tho I do miss Reggie/Kmart sometimes, they arent big difference makers in comparison to the players I mentioned.

    I mean last year whenever CP3 sat the team went to ****. And thats with Mo being a quality backup.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,876
    vCash
    1503
    chronz and buckets, take it easy on KB, he is just a kid. lol

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey We Go Hard
    Posts
    9,022
    vCash
    1500
    Knick players that play well will always be talked about as MVPs more than anyone else...all you hear all year this year is Melo is MVP...you never here people say that about Durant or Lebron. Same thing in 2010 with Amare. Its like they keep pushing it

    The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    14,723
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I cant tell if Vinnie is a genius or if hes stumbled upon a winning strategy by accident. Seems to me theres no reason for Willie to be playing this much, he really drags down most lineups. Could be a genius tactic to maximize his reserve lineups but these advantages become less influential in the playoffs. At some point I think he needs to find a way to play his best players more often. Which we are beginning to see with the CP3-Crawford-Barnes-Blake-DJ lineup. Less Caron is something I have been hoping for awhile now. We will need Caron in the playoffs, but for a regular season marathon, guys like Barnes are more valuable.
    I'm not really sure what the deal is with Willie Green ever playing is to be honest, and I totally agree I'd use most of Green's minutes to check out more time with both Bledsoe/Crawford and Cp3 running together. It's not as if they'd lose anything defensively going a little smaller given how strong and good Bledsoe is on that end. I'd split his 18 minutes with them and give Green garbage time (there's plenty). Just sucks for them that Chauncey is out, that's ideally who you'd want getting that burn.

Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •