Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Not over by any means, but Lebron is ahead. Period, end of story, next question. Tired of hearing these haters come in here and say Durant is having a better season. I just had to shut all them foolish children up. You understand.
    And KD's higher EV (Estimated Value) + EWA (Estimated Wins Added) according to Hollinger on that same page, along with KD's higher Win Shares + WS/48? Not to mention the Thunder being 35-11 to the Heat's 29-13 in an easier conference? Meaningless I take it?

vCash
    Lebron has been so much better statistically for so long than anyone else that when someone gets to the point were there stats are only slightly worse, they are somehow outplaying Lebron. To these people the number 4.8 is higher than the number 5.

I'm reading these posts in which people say Durant is having a better year than Lebron, or Durants putting up better numbers than Lebron and he deserves the MVP this year over Bron. Where do these kids get this stuff.

go back to 3rd grade and your teacher will tell you 4.8 is not higher than 5. And Durant is not outplaying Lebron.

Stop hating haters. I know yall want to see Bron fail but now your just seeing stuff thats just not there.

Its pathetic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    And KD's higher EV (Estimated Value) + EWA (Estimated Wins Added) according to Hollinger on that same page, along with KD's higher Win Shares + WS/48? Not to mention the Thunder being 35-11 to the Heat's 29-13 in an easier conference? Meaningless I take it?
    Isn't PER a combination of all the categories sir? Nothing is meaningless, but as a whole Lebron is doing a little bit better. Am I wrong?

vCash
    pts rbs asst st bl

How many of the 5 major categories does KD lead his team in.- 1 pts

How many of the 5 does Bron lead his team in- All of them

This may go over your head, but this tells you that Lebron caries his team much more than KD does young one.

vCash
    Isn't PER a combination of all the categories sir? Nothing is meaningless, but as a whole Lebron is doing a little bit better. Am I wrong?
    I would say that Win Shares is a far better predictor of a players contribution to their team when you're talking about high usage players (it can overvalue highly efficient shooters on winning teams, but as it concerns the players who would be in an MVP debate that's moot).

Neither are the be all end all, but especially not PER, and your self congratulatory view of thinking you have broken down the MVP race that easily is both funny and stupid.

vCash
    I'm not sure how many people here have argued that KD is having a better statistical season than Lebron, just that they're clearly close and that the totality of the argument is in his favor while the Thunder are fairing a decent bit better than the Heat.

vCash
    I'm not sure how many people here have argued that KD is having a better statistical season than Lebron, just that they're clearly close and that the totality of the argument is in his favor while the Thunder are fairing a decent bit better than the Heat.
    Furthermore, the fact that voters will get tired of Bron if there is a worthy adversary.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Furthermore, the fact that voters will get tired of Bron if there is a worthy adversary.
    Yeah, this will be the 4th year in a row KD's at least top 5 in voting (normally 2nd), so that will probably err in his favor unless the Heat can finish with a better record. He's definitely not a hot story like Rose was, but I do think he gets the benefit of the doubt this year if it's a toss up.

vCash
    Yeah, this will be the 4th year in a row KD's at least top 5 in voting (normally 2nd), so that will probably err in his favor unless the Heat can finish with a better record. He's definitely not a hot story like Rose was, but I do think he gets the benefit of the doubt this year if it's a toss up.
    And I think it will end up a tossup. I can't state enough that I think the voters/media/fans are getting bored of LeBron now that he has broken through, and are looking for the next story.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Rose stole it from LeBron because the media hated LeBron that year. The media loves LeBron but it's old news. It will be exciting to see how this ends out. My vote goes to the individual who leads his team in all categories of the game while defending the best player on the opposing team 24/7. Durant doesn't do that. Say what you want about win shares but Dirk had the best win shares for 2005-2007 or so. Was he the best? Hmmm...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Rose stole it from LeBron because the media hated LeBron that year. The media loves LeBron but it's old news. It will be exciting to see how this ends out. My vote goes to the individual who leads his team in all categories of the game while defending the best player on the opposing team 24/7. Durant doesn't do that. Say what you want about win shares but Dirk had the best win shares for 2005-2007 or so. Was he the best? Hmmm...
    Yeah, led PER in 06 too (along with ALL NBA 1st team each of those years and MVP in 07), and yes he had an argument for best in the league without a doubt. 26/9/3 on elite efficiency for 60+ win teams.

vCash
    Yeah, led PER in 06 too (along with ALL NBA 1st team each of those years and MVP in 07), and yes he had an argument for best in the league without a doubt. 26/9/3 on elite efficiency for 60+ win teams.
    So why do people constantly say Kobe is the best? As good as Dirk was that year, he was not the best player.

MJ was the best player every year since he won a ring, but he wasn't the win share leader for two years.
    Last edited by OceanSpray; 02-01-2013 at 06:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    So why do people constantly say Kobe is the best? As good as Dirk was that year, he was not the best player.

MJ was the best player every year since he won a ring, but he wasn't the win share leader for two years.
    #1: Nobody's saying (at least not me) that just because you lead in Win Shares that you're the best in the league. I'm just saying that I'd consider it a better gauge than PER when comparing the impact of MVP candidates.

#2: I don't know what people constantly say that about Kobe, but most people whose opinions I respect would definitely not say that. Overall impact wise, the player I'd say was the best that year was Duncan. And I would say that his impact was significantly higher than Kobe's, who despite being all league 1st team defense did/does not sniff Tim's force on that end.

#3: Jordan led WinShares every year other than his rookie year, his final year, and the two seasons that he played like 10 games (not including the Wizards years obviously). In the two seasons he was not #1 in Win Shares (rookie/retirement years), he was #2.

vCash
    Left the lil kid speechless
    Because you don't know **** about stats.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Not over by any means, but Lebron is ahead. Period, end of story, next question. Tired of hearing these haters come in here and say Durant is having a better season. I just had to shut all them foolish children up. You understand.
    You act like the MVP always goes to the guy with the highest PER.

That's your flaw. You may be right about him having a better season, but you're reasoning for why he's winning the MVP race is moot...because that's just not how it goes.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast