Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It is my belief that LeBron is coasting and Durant is putting in considerable amount of effort nightly. If the added effort propels Durant to MVP then he deserves it. He's choosing to go hard. LeBron is choosing to hold back.

If LeBron wants to hold back at the expense of the regular season so that he plays well in the season that matters then so be it.

Give KD the MVP then. But even now it's still a hotly contested race.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    It is my belief that LeBron is coasting and Durant is putting in considerable amount of effort nightly. If the added effort propels Durant to MVP then he deserves it. He's choosing to go hard. LeBron is choosing to hold back.

If LeBron wants to hold back at the expense of the regular season so that he plays well in the season that matters then so be it.

It is my belief (well accepting of truth) that Lebron currently has the identical PER (30.3) and WS/48 (.285) as he posted during his championship run last season. His Per-36 numbers from last playoffs and this year are also right in line with each other, only difference being that he rebounded slightly better and distributed less in the playoff run. He also shot more and was generally slightly more aggressive, but was significantly less efficient overall (.576 TS% to his current .617 TS%).

It is also my belief that many Lebron homers may be sensing the rise of KD and justifying the close proximity of him + Lebron by inaccurately stating that he will play significantly better (30-40% better) when the time is needed.

We shall see.

vCash

How can you say something like that when KD is averaging just 17 shots a game? Don't you think someone playing their heart out every single night would shoot much more than someone coasting?

In other words, your claim doesn't really make sense to me... At all. Sounds like a made up justification for why KD is catching Lebron.

Nonetheless, it's fun watching these two play. Legends already.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    2008-09 Postseason EFFICIENCY LEADERS : Efficiency Per Game
    Displaying results 1-50 of 199 found
    Results: 1-50 51-100 101-150 151-199 Next

PLAYER NAME, TEAM NAME GP MPG PTS EFF RPG APG STPG BLKPG EFF48M EFF
    LeBron James , CLE
    14 41.4 35.3 37.0 9.1 7.3 1.6 0.86 42.88 37.0

As you can see, I believe this is the highest PER in NBA history for playoffs. Not positive though. But this is what Im talking about when I say Lebron has a level he can get to that no other player can. 35 pts 9rbs 7 asst with a EFF rating of 37. The regular season is the regular season, Lebron is coasting compared to what hes gonna do in the playoffs.
    EFF and PER aren't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    And for the record, I'm a huge Lebron fan. Easily one of my favorite players in the league.

But this excuse to justify why KD is approaching Lebron's level is kinda lame.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    It is my belief (well accepting of truth) that Lebron currently has the identical PER (30.3) and WS/48 (.285) as he posted during his championship run last season. His Per-36 numbers from last playoffs and this year are also right in line with each other, only difference being that he rebounded slightly better and distributed less in the playoff run. He also shot more and was generally slightly more aggressive, but was significantly less efficient overall (.576 TS% to his current .617 TS%).

It is also my belief that many Lebron homers may be sensing the rise of KD and justifying the close proximity of him + Lebron by inaccurately stating that he will play significantly better (30-40% better) when the time is needed.

We shall see.
    This. I don't particularly care for either, but Durant is having a better year than LeBron so far. I mean LeBron has had better individual seasons himself but the current version of Durant isn't too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    i choose to enjoy both of them

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    I don't like PER too much. Or wins shares since if I'm not mistaken it only knows the box score. And LeBron James is clearly the best player in the league right now. And he is clearly better than he was in his first 2 MVP seasons even if the box score doesn't say.

When I say that LeBron is holding back I don't mean in a numbers sense. When he turns it up. You know it. No numbers can explain it. See the Finals last year.

I'm not a LeBron homer. I like the Spurs. That's my team. I like Durant more than LeBron. And I have KD as MVP.

vCash
    I don't like PER too much. Or wins shares since if I'm not mistaken it only knows the box score. And LeBron James is clearly the best player in the league right now. And he is clearly better than he was in his first 2 MVP seasons even if the box score doesn't say.

When I say that LeBron is holding back I don't mean in a numbers sense. When he turns it up. You know it. No numbers can explain it. See the Finals last year.

I'm not a LeBron homer. I like the Spurs. That's my team. I like Durant more than LeBron. And I have KD as MVP.
    Exactly, its not a numbers thing as much as Lebron just simply going into beast mode and doing what he needs to do when he needs to do it in all facets of the game once the playoffs starts.

vCash
    Let's compare defense. LeBron guards the best player day in and day out. It's amazing how he even has enough energy to produce sufficient results on the offensive aspect of the game. I don't see Durant doing what LeBron is doing defensively.

vCash
    durant can shoot all he wants....but when it comes to playoff time...thats a whole different story

vCash
    Haha, I've never imagined Lebron fans annoying me to the point where I want to root against him.

My god, shut up. It's honestly pathetic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Haha, I've never imagined Lebron fans annoying me to the point where I want to root against him.

My god, shut up. It's honestly pathetic.
    curious question.. who are your top 5 nba players currently [this season only]

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Exactly, its not a numbers thing as much as Lebron just simply going into beast mode and doing what he needs to do when he needs to do it in all facets of the game once the playoffs starts.
    What do they call those things that dont show up on the boxscore, oh yeah, the LITTLE THINGS. You expect us to believe Bron is a wildly different player (20-40% more dominant) on the basis of lil things not showing up. If thats true then it only means that Bron will become defensively engaged which means we can blame him for the Heat's struggles defensively on the year.

Hey if hes coasting on things that dont show up on the stat sheet, then what are you really saying? That hes not playing hard on defense?

We'll see what he does but I have a theory on players who start saving their legs for the playoffs, they are declining. True the playoff are more important but MJ never relented his quest for 70+wins just because he was old and ready for the playoffs.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post

We shall see.
    Yeah, if hes holding back then it better reveal itself in the playoffs. Personally, IF hes holding back, it wont be by much. He himself admits to not be holding back but thats what I would expect him to say.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast