Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    For what it's worth, I think Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Never said otherwise. Although Durant has closed the gap.
    and i definitely agree. durant has shown ridiculous improvements on all facets of his game.
    he is a very good defender, and a lights out shooter.

and its a pleasure to watch both of them (lebron and durant) play in their primes.

i will refuse to acknowledge a durant vs lebron discussion like how the kobe vs___.

i am going to fully enjoy both players.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    no i think what people are trying to say is that lebron has another gear on both ends of the court that he has shown throughout last year, even in cleveland at times, and he has shown that he infact has a SIXTH gear which he displayed in Boston.

the mvp no question is durant so far. we dont know if durant has another gear because what he is showing so far this season is a career best. we do however know that lebron is capable of more than 26 ppg/8/7 while playing "good defense" we know his other gear consists of shutting down opponents which he hasnt shown this season consistently. we have seen glimpses of it when he is motivated or when the heat go through a rut, or even when the heat face off against marquee teams.

not saying that he isnt putting effort, but he is going "light" on the scoring and defending end, especially with what is being asked from him on a nightly basis to score, defend, distribute, and rebound..

thats why i feel, and im sure many others feel that he is "cruising"
    Thank you for explaining this to the other posters. Although I think the MVP race is as even as it gets. If and when Lebron starts going harder, I think he will end up winning the MVP.

vCash
    It is scary to think lebron is not playing his hardest and he is still putting up 26.5/8.2/7.1 and 55% fg 39% from 3 and a PER of over 30.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    It is scary to think lebron is not playing his hardest and he is still putting up 26.5/8.2/7.1 and 55% fg 39% from 3 and a PER of over 30.
    Out of curiosity what do you mean not playing his hardest?

If he hadn't been playing his hardest and doing so much for the team 80% of the time they might be a few spots lower in the standings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Out of curiosity what do you mean not playing his hardest?

If he hadn't been playing his hardest and doing so much for the team 80% of the time they might be a few spots lower in the standings.
    I mean after watching him play for 2 and a half seasons he is not playing his hardest. He has another level he can play at on both offense and defense(he showed it in the playoffs last season). Some people might say im a homer for saying that, but i could care less. Love watching that guy play.

He barely attacks the rim anymore too, saving it for the playoffs. He is avg 6 ft's a game down from 8 last year.

vCash
    I mean after watching him play for 2 and a half seasons he is not playing his hardest. He has another level he can play at on both offense and defense(he showed it in the playoffs last season). Some people might say im a homer for saying that, but i could care less. Love watching that guy play.

He barely attacks the rim anymore too, saving it for the playoffs. He is avg 6 ft's a game down from 8 last year.
    I guess it just means some of the other guys are playing at a really low level a lot of the times. Cause he seems to be the one bailing them out on so many occasions.

I don't doubt he has another level, no one plays at their highest level all regular season or you're burned out in the playoffs. But I think he plays harder than anyone on that team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I guess it just means some of the other guys are playing at a really low level a lot of the times. Cause he seems to be the one bailing them out on so many occasions.

I don't doubt he has another level, no one plays at their highest level all regular season or you're burned out in the playoffs. But I think he plays harder than anyone on that team.
    Wade was awful at the start of the year, bosh has been awful recently, and the role players are very inconsistent. Bron brings it every night, but he is still holding some back. I agree bron plays harder than everyone, but he is so head and shoulders above everyone on the heat that 75% of lebron is still the best player in the league.

vCash
    Wade was awful at the start of the year, bosh has been awful recently, and the role players are very inconsistent. Bron brings it every night, but he is still holding some back. I agree bron plays harder than everyone, but he is so head and shoulders above everyone on the heat that 75% of lebron is still the best player in the league.
    In defense of Wade, the reason he was so bad is because he was coming off of arthroscopic knee surgery. You really cant expect him to be all that great until he builds that strenth up. I was concerned early on but now I can see a huge change in him from the beginning. By the playoffs, I think we will have the D Wade who is the best sg in the league without question back which means Championship.

vCash
    The only year I can truly recall D-Wade being consistently good throughout a given year was 08-09. LeBron has always been consistent player, from he set foot on an NBA floor. Miami's role players are inconsistent, but then again very few role players on any team that's elite is. Miami's inconsistencies in regards to bench play if you really know who Spo is as a coach is actually more understandable, because the rotations are always changing. Mike Miller was getting pretty consistent minutes early in the year, and now he's not playing at all. Same goes for Rashard Lewis, and vice versa with Joel.

vCash
    Out of curiosity, what regular season do you guys who think he's playing at 60-75% (give me a break) think he was his best? I will argue that for whatever year that is, KD is RIGHT on those heels.

vCash
    Out of curiosity, what regular season do you guys who think he's playing at 60-75% (give me a break) think he was his best? I will argue that for whatever year that is, KD is RIGHT on those heels.
    For the record, I agree that KD has another gear in him.

vCash
    2008-09 Postseason EFFICIENCY LEADERS : Efficiency Per Game
    Displaying results 1-50 of 199 found
    Results: 1-50 51-100 101-150 151-199 Next

PLAYER NAME, TEAM NAME GP MPG PTS EFF RPG APG STPG BLKPG EFF48M EFF
    LeBron James , CLE
    14 41.4 35.3 37.0 9.1 7.3 1.6 0.86 42.88 37.0

As you can see, I believe this is the highest PER in NBA history for playoffs. Not positive though. But this is what Im talking about when I say Lebron has a level he can get to that no other player can. 35 pts 9rbs 7 asst with a EFF rating of 37. The regular season is the regular season, Lebron is coasting compared to what hes gonna do in the playoffs.

vCash
    KD is the 2nd best player in the league easily. But there is still a noticeable gap between lebron and durant.

vCash
    KD is the 2nd best player in the league easily. But there is still a noticeable gap between lebron and durant.
    Well, if we're going by what these players are doing right now, that's simply not true.

Lebron is absolutely the best player on this planet, but KD is right on his heels at this point. Lebron gets the edge because he's been doing this for five or so years now (how crazy is that...) and KD is having his first full season of legendary play, but basing it off of this season alone, KD and Lebron are virtually equals...

The rest of the league is merely looking up at these two legends in the making right now. Seriously. (And that's no knock to players like CP3, Rose, Love, Westbrook, Wade, and so on... It just proves how truly incredible Kevin Durant and Lebron James are at basketball).

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Well, if we're going by what these players are doing right now, that's simply not true.

Lebron is absolutely the best player on this planet, but KD is right on his heels at this point. Lebron gets the edge because he's been doing this for five or so years now (how crazy is that...) and KD is having his first full season of legendary play, but basing it off of this season alone, KD and Lebron are virtually equals...

The rest of the league is merely looking up at these two legends in the making right now. Seriously. (And that's no knock to players like CP3, Rose, Love, Westbrook, Wade, and so on... It just proves how truly incredible Kevin Durant and Lebron James are at basketball).
    I respect your opinion.

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast