Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I think he's playing as good as ever, it's just that KD has done a lot of catching up, and the record will definitely come into play.
    Not at all. Lebron is always ridiculous, and this is just another ridiculous year, but he can and has averaged over 30 points a game in his career while doing all the little things as well. But he is definitely just on cruise control right now. There is a big difference in how he plays most of the time, and how he plays when he played against OKC and LAL. And in those games he wanted to make a statement and he had an extra pep in his step. Durant is playing 100% every game. He has been more aggressive offensively on a game to game basis. Lebron is playing very conservatively for the most part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Not at all. Lebron is always ridiculous, and this is just another ridiculous year, but he can and has averaged over 30 points a game in his career while doing all the little things as well. But he is definitely just on cruise control right now. There is a big difference in how he plays most of the time, and how he plays when he played against OKC and LAL. And in those games he wanted to make a statement and he had an extra pep in his step. Durant is playing 100% every game. He has been more aggressive offensively on a game to game basis. Lebron is playing very conservatively for the most part.
    I agree. The games against OKC and LAL were a sign of what's to come I the Playoffs/Finals. He plays well and consistent every night, whereas KD kills himself out there every night much like LBJ did in his earlier years
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

vCash
    I don't think I've ever seen a player score as effortlessly as KD is right now, so I can't say that I agree. His game has become surgical offensively. He does push it more on the defensive end than Lebron has, that I agree with.

Lebron does have another gear, that is for sure. For that matter so does Durant, he's just fine tuning it as we watch. Either way, we're watching two legends in and beginning to enter their prime. It's great stuff.

And as far as Lebron scoring 30 a game, those days are done. He teamed up with two #1 scorers. He's no longer needed to score 30 a game. Has nothing to do with effort, simply his role.
    Last edited by tredigs; 01-25-2013 at 03:04 AM.

vCash
    He was over 40% for most of the year, looks like he just dipped below to 39+%. That is still very, very good. He's also a dead eye mid-range shooter and has been for years. Go do some research on hoopdata if your eye test is failing you. It's one of the biggest misnomers about him that he can't shoot. If you're a big fan and don't know this... you're not a big fan.
    could you post a link? im curious to see where he ranks among the top shooters in the league..
    thanks.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    could you post a link? im curious to see where he ranks among the top shooters in the league..
    thanks.
    http://hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    From watching their games this season it seems to me that LeBron has figured out the NBA and Durant hasn't. LeBron knows the NBA regular season is worthless because the NBA has it set up that way. He only cares about the playoffs. He's a champion and realizes just how utterly useless the regular season is.

Durant still busts his butt every night. It's something a lot of young superstars in the NBA have always done. When it really is not necessary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    From watching their games this season it seems to me that LeBron has figured out the NBA and Durant hasn't. LeBron knows the NBA regular season is worthless because the NBA has it set up that way. He only cares about the playoffs. He's a champion and realizes just how utterly useless the regular season is.

Durant still busts his butt every night. It's something a lot of young superstars in the NBA have always done. When it really is not necessary.
    Crazy idea: could have something to do with the fact that he's now afforded the possibility to do that being that he's joined up with 2 All Star #1 options and elite role players?

Beyond that, I don't think you guys are giving enough credence to just how easy a master can make something look. Cp3's the same way, and Durant or Melo when they're locked in as well. There's a method behind the calm calculated technique.

As far as the games not mattering what-so-ever, that's dumb as well. HCA can be a huge factor once the quality of teams tighten up.

vCash
    I don't think I've ever seen a player score as effortlessly as KD is right now, so I can't say that I agree. His game has become surgical offensively. He does push it more on the defensive end than Lebron has, that I agree with.

Lebron does have another gear, that is for sure. For that matter so does Durant, he's just fine tuning it as we watch. Either way, we're watching two legends in and beginning to enter their prime. It's great stuff.

And as far as Lebron scoring 30 a game, those days are done. He teamed up with two #1 scorers. He's no longer needed to score 30 a game. Has nothing to do with effort, simply his role.
    On a night to night basis, Lebron plays at about 60% while KD is playing at 100%. Only on special occassions against the best teams or the best players does Lebron go super saiyan, and when he does, he exposes the truth that he is definately the best player in the league. On the regular though, it would be easy to make an argument for KD, but thats only because Lebron is coasting. The thing that really seperates the two of them to me is that when Lebron goes 100%, he is literally everywhere doing everything. KD just straight gets buckets. Thats the truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post

This

vCash
    Crazy idea: could have something to do with the fact that he's now afforded the possibility to do that being that he's joined up with 2 All Star #1 options and elite role players?

Beyond that, I don't think you guys are giving enough credence to just how easy a master can make something look. Cp3's the same way, and Durant or Melo when they're locked in as well. There's a method behind the calm calculated technique.

As far as the games not mattering what-so-ever, that's dumb as well. HCA can be a huge factor once the quality of teams tighten up.
    Not trying to argue why he is on cruise control...just that he is indeed on cruise control, while Durant has his peddle to the metal. At least now with your "crazy idea" you are acknowledging that he is indeed on cruise control.

vCash

Yes there is a method behind the calm and calculated technique, and that just happens to be Lebrons form of cruise control. If you watch him against the LAL or OKC he through the calm calculated technique out the window and turned into the Hulk, flying around, being very physical, fast and authoritative. Its almost night and day and its a level that no other player can attain.

vCash
    LeBron and Durant debates are becoming the new Bron and Kobe debates.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    So I suppose to sum up that line of thinking, you guys agree Lebron is not the MVP being that he is really not trying at all outside of 1-2 games a year (although his numbers are as good as ever, the sole difference being 1-2 less Free Throws a game and shooting them at a lower rate than in recent seasons, resulting in a monster half-point lower ppg than he's generally had since teaming up)?

vCash
    So I suppose to sum up that line of thinking, you guys agree Lebron is not the MVP being that he is really not trying at all outside of 1-2 games a year (although his numbers are as good as ever, the sole difference being 1-2 less Free Throws a game and shooting them at a lower rate than in recent seasons, resulting in a monster half-point lower ppg than he's generally had since teaming up)?
    no i think what people are trying to say is that lebron has another gear on both ends of the court that he has shown throughout last year, even in cleveland at times, and he has shown that he infact has a SIXTH gear which he displayed in Boston.

the mvp no question is durant so far. we dont know if durant has another gear because what he is showing so far this season is a career best. we do however know that lebron is capable of more than 26 ppg/8/7 while playing "good defense" we know his other gear consists of shutting down opponents which he hasnt shown this season consistently. we have seen glimpses of it when he is motivated or when the heat go through a rut, or even when the heat face off against marquee teams.

not saying that he isnt putting effort, but he is going "light" on the scoring and defending end, especially with what is being asked from him on a nightly basis to score, defend, distribute, and rebound..

thats why i feel, and im sure many others feel that he is "cruising"
    Last edited by Im_in_Mia_bish; 01-25-2013 at 03:00 PM.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    no i think what people are trying to say is that lebron has another gear on both ends of the court that he has shown throughout last year, even in cleveland at times, and he has shown that he infact has ANOTHER gear which he displayed in Boston.

the mvp no question is durant so far. we dont know if durant has another gear because what he is showing so far this season is a career best. we do however know that lebron is capable of more than 26 ppg/8/7 while playing "good defense" we know his other gear consists of shutting down opponents which he hasnt shown this season consistently. we have seen glimpses of it when he is motivated or when the heat go through a rut, or even when the heat face off against marquee teams.

not saying that he isnt putting effort, but he is going "light" on the scoring and defending end, especially with what is being asked from him on a nightly basis to score, defend, distribute, and rebound..

thats why i feel, and im sure many others feel that he is "cruising"
    For what it's worth, I think Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Never said otherwise. Although Durant has closed the gap.

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast