Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tigers trade Andy Oliver

Jason Beck ‏@beckjason

#Tigers trade for another Cabrera in Nashville. This time itís Ramon, a switch-hitting catcher from Pirates, in exchange for Andy Oliver.
    Just looking at this guys numbers and it seems like he's good at drawing walks/getting on base and he's a switch hitter. Also 23 years old. I guess we needed organizational depth at catcher too.

Wasn't much of a Oliver fan. Live fastball but had no clue where it was going.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Get something for him I guess. I just hope this isnt their only move...

vCash

vCash
    I doubt this is their only move but wouldn't be surprised if it is. They have a good enough team, especially to start the year, but if they aren't winning can easily swing a deal at the deadline if not before.

I like the trade. Oliver wasn't going to be pitching for the Tigers in the majors so might as well get something, and why not have that something be a young catcher who can hit. If they keep him in AAA and work on his arm, I think he and Avila would be a great duo for 2014. Addressed a need in C while giving up nothing basically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Get something for him I guess. I just hope this isnt their only move...
    I doubt it is, DD is the master of secrecy so there really is no way of telling.

That said a switch hitting catcher is a nice addition.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Looks like a potential surprise insurance policy for a Holaday or an Avila injury. Contact hitter with a low strikeout rate. Not a good rate at thowing out runners. Not sure if he is even close to mlb ready. Let's hope we don't have to find that out.

vCash
    Hey, if you guys want a break down on Cabrera look at the Pittsburg site. Burg has a great break down on this guy. Just didn't know how to link it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    Hey, if you guys want a break down on Cabrera look at the Pittsburg site. Burg has a great break down on this guy. Just didn't know how to link it.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=771627

Post #3 (im assuming this is what your talking about)

vCash
    This kid doesn't excite me, but then again.......either did Oliver.

vCash
    Oliver would have excited me if I was sitting anywhere remotely around home plate since I might be a catcher for a pitch.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by We_need_players View Post
    Cheering for the lowly and abysmal Toledo Mudhens?

Cabrera will never be a major league catcher, due to his weak arm This was a "nothing-for-Detroit' trade. The only upside Cabrera has - is learning a new position someday. Maybe the Tigers tutors will go that route, depending on the productivity level of his bat.

vCash
    All we really need this guy for is a future backup to our unproven backup. Yes no arm but a switch hitter who has a high contact and walk rate. On base pct. could play at the mlb level only as a backup. I guess we'll see how he does in Toledo this year and go from there.